You Love To Hate Me

Chapter 18

I walked into the apartment by myself. Ronnie hadn't come to pick me up today. He said he would, but after ten minutes I decided to just give up and walk home. I threw my keys on the kitchen table, and collapsed in one of the wooden chairs. I leaned back and breathed in deeply. I heard a bedroom door open, and I whipped my head to see if it was Ronnie. Max walked into the kitchen and sat down next to me. I didn't like the look on his face.

"What's wrong Max?"

"Ronnie went out," He told me slowly.

"Alright, is that a bad thing?"

"It depends on how you see things."

"What do you mean?"

"He went out with this girl," He started, but stopped when the expression on my face changed.
"I'm sorry Madz, he's like that."

I nodded my head, "Yeah, I mean it's not like we were dating or anything."

Max got up from his seat and hugged me tightly. I hugged back and stood up. I walked into Ronnie's room and grabbed my purse. Max was behind me watching my carefully. I turned around and looked at him.

"Why are you following me?"

"I don't know." He said shrugging.
"You want to go out?"

"Go out where?"

"To a club or bar or something," He said looking at the ceiling. I laughed at him.

"Sure let's go." He smiled and we locked arms.

We left the apartment and went into the elevator to go down to where Max's car was parked. I got into the passenger side and Max got into the driver's side. He started the car and started driving. We passed many bars, but didn't know which one to go to.

We decided to go to the Jet nightclub at the Mirage. We parked the car in the Mirage parking lot and walked inside. It was still familiar from when Kat and I stayed there a few months ago. It seems like it was just yesterday, but it wasn't. We got right in and headed straight for the bar.

"What do you want to drink?" Max asked me.
"I'll buy your drinks tonight."

"Max, you don't have to."

"I know I don't, but I want to." He softly grabbed my arm and brought me to the bar.
"Don't worry about it, really."

I was about to protest, but Max's face made me think twice before I opened my big mouth.

"A rum and coke," I said giving in. He ordered my drink and his.

A few or eight drinks later we were on the dance floor dancing to the music. Max's hands were around my waist and my arms were around his neck. A slow song came on, which was weird since we were at a club, and since when did they play slow songs at a club?

Max pulled me closer to him and smiled at me. I could smell the alcohol from the both of us but I didn't care. I rest my head against his chest as we slowly, drunkenly swayed to the music. As the song was nearing the end I lifted my head and looked at Max, and he looked at me.

He leaned down and pressed him lips firmly on mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
MAGEN, don't hate me love. It is all part of the plan.

Ps. I don't have a plan.