You Love To Hate Me

Chapter 22

I shook my head in disbelief.

"No, no you don't Ronnie."

"Yes I do Maddie."

"You're drunk Ronnie, you don't love me." I backed up against the door, and grabbed the handle. I turned it and opened the door. I left his room and went to go to Max's. I stopped at the closed door, and put my hand on the doorknob. I wanted to turn it and open it, but felt like I couldn't.

I left the doorway, and went to put my shoes on. I grabbed a light coat and my keys. I left my cell phone in the apartment, and left. I needed to walk, and clear my head. I opened the door and walked out into the streets of Vegas. I turned to my left and walked aimlessly. I had no idea on what the time was, but it couldn't have been so late since many stores were still open.

I walked past a pet store, and stopped at the window to look in. A large smile took over my face as I saw the cutest English bulldog puppy. I didn't hesitate to walk inside the store. I was greeted by a young guy who was at the counter.

"Hello ma'am, how are you this evening?" He asked me.

"I'm fine, I guess you can say."

"Was there anything I could help you with?" He asked.

"Has that bulldog puppy been bought?" He turned and looked at the small dog sitting calmly in the pen with the rest of the dogs.

"Nope, we just got him a few days ago." He informed me.
"Were you interested in buying him?"

I nodded my head and answered, "Yes, actually I am."

I walked up to the counter and filled out paper work. I gave the boy my credit card and paid for my new best friend. He handed me back my credit card, and smiled. I put it in my purse, and looked back up at the boy.

"Would you like to grab your new pet?" He asked warmly. I nodded, and walked over to the pen of dogs. The kid had a large ring of keys, and unlocked the door to let me in. I walked inside and was swarmed by the many dogs. I walked over to the bulldog puppy that looked up at me with a glisten in its eyes. I smiled and picked him up. He looked at my face and licked it.

I left the store with a leash, and a small bag of dog food. I walked down the street back to the apartment. It was much later now as I sat in front of the building. I was playing with my new puppy trying to figure out a name.

"Hmm," I said aloud.
"Poe," I said and he looked at me.

"Perfect," I said standing up.
"Let's go Poe. It's time to go and freak out your mommy's roommates."