You Love To Hate Me

Chapter 29

I zipped up my last duffle bag. Jimmie would be here to pick me up in twenty minutes tops. We were driving to LA. I wouldn't trust an airline with Poe. I know they treat animals like crap, and I didn't want him to go through that. I picked up my bag from the floor and brought it out to the living room. I went back and shut Ronnie's door.

Max was waiting in the living room for me. He was the only one here. Ronnie was gone when we both woke up this morning. It really hurt. I didn't know if I was ever going to see him again, and these last days all he has done was ignore me.

"Don't worry. We both will see you again." He gave me a reassuring hug.

"You promise?" He pulled away with a smile on his face.

"I promise." I returned the smile.
"Even though it didn't work out between us," He started.
"I want you to know I still love you."

"I love you too Max."

"Do you want anything to eat before you leave?" He asked.

"No thanks. I don't think I could manage keeping food down."

"You really need to stop worrying." He played with my hair.

"I can't help it. You know that."

"Try you best. Things are going to be better when you get to LA. It's going to be a fresh start with a better career than you have here."

"Thanks Max," My cell phone started going off, and I answered it.
"Hello?"

"Hey Maddie, I'm downstairs."

"Hey Jimmie, I'll be down in a few." I shut my phone and looked at Max for the last time.
"It's time for me to go."

"Bye Madz. I'll call you in a day or two." He hugged me, and helped me down. He put my stuff in Jimmie's car, and we said goodbye for the last time.

"Tell Ronnie I said bye okay?" Max hugged me tightly.

He whispered in my ear, "Don't cry, I'll tell him."

I pulled away and gave him a reassuring smile. He squeezed my hand and then helped me in the car. I buckled up and looked at Jimmie.

"Are you ready to go?"

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

He pressed his foot on the gas pedal and we began traveling away from my home of a year. I looked back and could have sworn I saw something I didn't want to see. I looked forward at the road.

I couldn't help it.

I just couldn't get the image of Ronnie standing de-shelved and helpless on the sidewalk out of my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END.

or is it?

MUWAHAHAH

Sequel coming very soon.

-Ashley