You Love To Hate Me

Chapter 3

He smiled at the both of us, and shook out hands. He stared at me for a few seconds longer than I thought he would. I looked at Kat, and Max nudged Ronnie. His gaze moved from me to Max, and then back to me.

"I like your hair. It's fiery," He said either trying to cover up the fact that he was staring or that really was the reason why he was staring. I'll go with the later option.

"Oh thanks," I said feeling my cheeks slightly burn. What is going on? I shouldn't be like this. It has to be because he is some big shot singer from a big shot band with a huge ego. Yeah that pretty much sums it up. I ran my fingers through my hair. A habit I had when I was nervous or in an awkward situation.

"So where are you guys staying?" Max asked breaking the silence.

"At the Mirage," Kat smiled. I looked at Kat from the corner of my eyes. For an odd reason I think she has a thing for the one called Max. I grabbed Kat's drink from her hand and took small sips of it.

"Oh cool, what are you doing after you're done from here?"

"Nothing, want to come over?" She asked. The large sip of apple martini spew from my mouth.

"Sorry I thought I saw..." I stopped thinking about some famous person who may be in some random club. "Matthew McConaughey." Kat gave me one of those looks people gave when they knew the truth and didn't understand why you were even trying. "But it ended up being some ugly person...stupid eyes." I nervously laughed.

"Alright," Max laughed. "Ronnie," Max said. Ronnie swiftly turned around from either staring at the bleach blonde bombshell or talking to a guy who looked like he popped right out of the 80's hair metal scene. He was holding what looked to be a fresh beer in his hand; the condensation dripping off the bottle and onto the tiled floor.

"What's up dude?"

"Wanna go to their place after we're done here?"

"Yeah sure," He quickly said and turned around. He started talking to Hair Metal again. I looked at Kat and smiled.

"What?"

"Nothing," I said drinking more of her martini. I looked back at Max. I was lost for words. I didn't know what to say to make me look anymore dumb.

"This your first time in Vegas?" He asked breaking the silence once again.

"Well it is for me, but Kat has been here one or two times." I finished the drink and handed the glass back to Kat. I heard her mutter something under her breath, and I just laughed.

"Well then maybe we should show you around. How long are you staying?"

"Only for a week."

"Well then we're gonna have to start tomorrow." He grinned.