I'm Not Moving

three

"Oh my god, aren't you Kyle Burns from Forever The Sickest Kids?"

It wasn't the first time that this question had been thrown his way with a squeal of delight. Each time he was asked, he would simply shake his head. It was believable enough anyway. Kyle hadn't shaved in weeks and a thin layer of stubble was coating his face, his roots had begun to show through and the vibrant bleached mass of hair had long ago lost its shine.

Kyle shook his head and denied the statement firmly, but not in a rude manner. The girls who had asked him of his identity huffed and puffed as they moved away from him, muttering under their breathing, swearing that he was lying to them.

It wasn't that he was embarrassed, he was no Dave Grohl after all and the bands success hadn't reached New York just yet, but he simply wanted to be left alone, he just wanted to wait. People plaguing him about who she was and why he didn't just give up, became everyday occurrences and Kyle just preferred being left alone. The exceptions were the homeless people who took a shine to Kyle and his romanticised attempt at getting his true love back, yet they understood. They had lived on the streets for so long that waiting was all they knew.

Bu tonight there was something different about the air and feel.

The air was crisp and you could see the small white clouds of visible breath pass out of the mouths of people that trotted past Kyle, living their hectic and busy lives. The sky was clear and you could make out the various helicopters and stars that were in competition trying to outshine out shine each other. Kyle was hopeful for this evening.

At first he didn't see her, but she saw him.

She was stood on the other side of Times Square shivering visibly in her strapless dress, yet she didn't let the cold trouble her, the sight of Kyle produce a flood of warmth inside her and she was tempted to just run across the street and throw herself at him. Yet she held her emotions back and just stood still to watch him sitting there.

Kyle had always been patient, despite his chaotic and hyperactive appearance, he had always been the more patient one out of the group of friends, and it was this patience that was visible even from the distance Lyla was at. It seemed to radiate off him and left her feeling tranquil and calm, something she least expected to be in this situation.

Lyla was having a small war with herself, she was torn as to what she should do. Step forward or go back? But what was there to go back for now?

Kyle glanced up at the right moment. He had been holding a cup of weak and watery coffee in his gloved hands in a vain attempt to keep them from going numb, he just so happened to glance over the paper rim of the cup and that was when he saw her. She was far away on the other side of the square, just like last time. And just like last time she seemed to shine brighter than any of the lights that surrounded them.

To Kyle she was just as beautiful as always.

Kyle dropped the cup of coffee and stood up so quickly that his knees buckled, the muscles unable to cope with the sudden movement after having been inactive for so long. He had to hold onto the side of the wall in order to steady himself and when Kyle looked around again Lyla was gone. Totally dejected he made his way to sit down when a flash of pink caught his eye and he saw Lyla worming her way through the pedestrians that were ambling over the zebra crossing. She walked without hesitation straight towards Kyle, and her determined walk did not go unnoticed by the people around her, whose interest grew gigantically when the realized just who she was walking towards.

It seemed to take years for her to reach him, but then she was finally stood in front of him.

Words failed.

Lyla had prepared a speech in her head, but now that she was directly in front of Kyle the words just flew out of her head and she was unable to string a single sentence together. Not only that but she was shocked, Kyle looked so rough and the lines in his face hinted at the hardships that he had endured, but despite all of this he still had the same smile for Lyla.

He noticed her shiver and so he took a step forward, unzipping his hoodie and before she knew it she was in Kyle's arms, with his hoodie wrapped around her as best as they could managed. The familiar sensation of being held so close by the person who meant everything brought the tears to Lyla's eyes and they dropped onto Kyle's neck, where she had buried her face, never wanting to let go.

"I'm so sorry Kyle, I'm so sorry," was all Lyla could repeat over and over and over again. She knew that those words could never do her feelings justice and they seemed too small and insignificant to convey the emotions running through her. But Kyle only planted a soft kiss on the side of her face and smiled.

"It's alright, you're here now and I love you just as much as on the first day I met you."

The tears didn't stop there and yet the happiness that filled Lyla was impossible to word.

Maybe the best way to explain the joy is through the pedestrians and homeless people that had gathered around the couple to watch their reunion. They cheered and whooped loudly with joy and presented their wide smiles when Lyla attached her lips longingly to Kyle's. Every face that had come to watch bore the greatest smile as they saw The Man Who Can't Be Moved be reunited with the person for whom he would have waited forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINISHED!

I hope you like it and sorry for this last pert for being so short!
Feedback would still be lovely.
xxxx