Twilight

Explained

It was the worst and the best dream I've ever had, I was in a white room and there was a distinctive glow, like a fuzzy effect. Like heaven but way better, and then as if anything couldn't get any better I saw him, he was there next to me, I leaned in to kiss him. I started to lean away my eyes slightly closed, only to realize when I was facing him completely this face was not particularly familiar to me, the stranger smiled revealing sharp teeth and his eyes as red as rubies, he lunged for my throat. I woke up, with a clear sheen of sweat on my forehead. It was dark, I felt around on the bed for Edwards cool body, nothing. I had to see somebody to know I still wasn't dreaming about him. The night before Edward had explained the note.

*****
"Edward, the longer you wait to tell me, the more nervous I get," I said. I wasn't anticipating this, not at all. He had a look of annoyance on his face, I didn't care, I wanted answers, now.

"Remember when I was telling you about Carlisle last year?" he asked.

"Of course, it was the day I met everyone, how could I forget?"

"Well if you were paying close attention, which I'm guessing you were, you would remember one particular part in the story when I said I had went off on my own, to look for my own answers."

"And you never told me this, why?"

"It wasn't important at the time, I didn't think you'd care too much, of course I see I made a mistake"

"It's fine... Just be a little more open next time, I like to know things that may put me in danger in the near future," I chuckled. He flashed me an angered look.

"As I was saying, I came across a small coven, about two females and one male. The leader was a girl named Xaria, the other female was Selendina and the male was Lancent, him and Xaria were both created by the same person so they considered each other as siblings. Selendina and Lancent were mates, Xaria's was killed by the Volturi because he threatened the authority of the law. It wasn't until I got a good look at Xaria's mind until I found out she was falling for me, a bit too fast for my taste. I felt bad for her, she was in a desperate situation, I couldn't stand to be around her, I didn't like to see her thoughts. Of course one day she told me who killed her mate, it was Jane. Xaria and Jane had been friends, usually they got into small fights, but one day it went to far, and Xaria's mate was angered, he went to go deal with Jane, in words I am assuming, because he went alone, but he never came back. Then I heard Lancent's thoughts too, he was thinking of asking me to join their coven, but I wasn't interested, I was starting to miss Carlisle, I didn't like feeling like a murderer. One day Xaria told me in words how she felt, she explained so vividly, I couldn't help but give in. We were together for two days at the most, until I found that I couldn't stand it, I had no feelings for her, it was her power that overtook me, she has the power of making you feeling guilty enough to give in. It was quite remarkable. As soon as I told her, she fled, Lancent was convinced she would come back, but he was angry with me, it wasn't until later that we heard the news she asked the Volturi to kill her, of course Jane had no problem with following through. Lancent was so upset, he blamed it on me, he swore he'd kill me, but I ran. I made it back to Carlisle in time to convince him to change locations, he didn't ask why, and I didn't tell him. Then when the Volturi saw you, Jane had passed word to Lancent about you. He was outraged that I could be with anyone after what I had done to you. Selendina though, she didn't agree. She is the one who wrote that note, Alice saw her write it. We knew we had to leave Forks for a while because Jane had given him the place where we stayed."

He looked away, I couldn't read his face, guilt? Anger? Unhappiness? All those together? I couldn't tell. I didn't like this, not at all. I could deal with jealous werewolves, but jealous vampires? Not my specialty.

"Edward," I said. "It's not your fault, don't beat yourself up over this." He turned to look at me, depressed eyes caressed my face.

"It IS my fault, I keep putting you in danger, and I'm sick of it, I don't know about you but I cannot even think of a life without your presence, in my arms'" he said. He got up and sat down next to me, wrapping his arms around me. There was nothing to say, I wanted this to last forever, him holding me tight, but I only wanted him to hold me tighter, his grasp was more than comfortable. He sighed. He put his hand under my chin and read my expression.

"Bella, aren't you scared?" he asked.

"Not when you're around," I said. He smiled and hugged me tighter, burying my face in his chest. I inhaled his sweet scent. All of a sudden the door burst open. We both looked over to see Alice's face, a deep rage of fury in her eyes, nostrils flaring. I looked over to Edward his face aghast.

"This soon?" he yelled.

"We need to leave this hotel now, she isn't safe," she stated.

The walls, why were they closing in around me? All I wanted to do was stay here forever with Edward in his arms, he got up. No.... no.... don't leave me. I collapsed to the floor.