Twilight

Transported

His face, no not the bad one, and not the perfect one, but the face that I'd longed to see, the leather brown skin, the gleaming white teeth, smiling, laughing, with a sparkle in his chocolate brown eyes. He was there, standing tall, holding his arms out, I ran up to him and embraced this long awaited reunion between best friends. Suddenly he went stiff, his skin turned pale cold and he fell to the floor. He had crescent shaped teeth marks all over his arms, face and neck. Oh no, not my jacob..no...no... I couldn't move, something was restraining me, like an iron gate. I turned to see him, it was him Lancent, his eyes the same ruby red, the same snicker as if I was doomed, and the world knew it. Suddenly he bit me, not as if to kill me, but as if he was...no....no... I don't want to change yet, not by you. Three wolves appeared around the field, they looked at Jacob and my bloodthirsty eyes, they snarled an angry growl and proceeded toward their prey.

****

"Bella, Bella," Edward was shaking me. I sat up and screamed. He looked startled and said,"Bella are you OK? Please tell me what's wrong!"

I couldn't rest, I couldn't do anything until I heard his voice, I needed to know he was OK. Anything to assure me Jacob wasn't in any trouble or harm.

"Edward, it's Jacob, he.." I couldn't finish. I sobbed, I sobbed the most violent and angry tears I had ever cried. He looked pained, didn't I promise myself I'd never let him see me cry over Jacob? I was a horrible person. I got up, wiped my tears, and hugged him,"I'm sorry Edward, it was just the dream startled me."

"It's OK, what did you dream about," he asked me, his eyes full of concern. I looked around, I was still in the car with them, I didn't know where we were going, but it was farther and farther away from Forks. I can't stand this distance from Jacob, especially at this time. I explained my dream to Edward, his eyes got big. He looked to Alice for support.

"I saw Lancent sweep the woods in Forks, he doesn't know Bella's scent so he doesn't know exactly where to look, he doesn't want to hunt there though, because he's seen the wolves, he doesn't think they know he's there," she explained. Rosalie scoffed.

"Yeah, but don't you think if the dogs were doing their job, he wouldn't be able to scan the area at all," she said. Emmett gave her a hard look. HM, it seems like Edward had explained while I was sleeping, everyone seemed to know what was going on.

"We can't expect them to put themselves in danger, I told Sam that Lancent was a more skilled fighter than all of us put together, he shouldn't have to sacrifice someone for my mistakes," he said. He looked down, as if it were final words to a funeral. I pulled his face up and looked into his eyes and smiled. He hugged me.

"I have to know that Jacob is alright," I said. Alice snickered. I looked at her, confusion in my eyes. She looked to Edward for back-up.

"Actually, Jacob's here now, in the car with Esme and Carlisle," he admitted. My thoughts scattered. HOW!?

"What!?" I exclaimed. He smiled.

"We didn't know he was here, till' I heard him thinking about Victoria, he knew something was up but he was too scared to ask Sam, so he followed us, I have to admit it was pretty smart, for him," he told me. Why was he following us? I thought he'd hated me.

"Is he OK, is he mad at me?" I asked.

"More like mad at the situation I put you in, he blames me 100%, and I have nothing to say to that because I agree with him, he won't say a word to me, well out loud at least," he said. I took his hand, knowing that my two most favorite people were around me, even if they weren't the best of friends, and that was enough to make me smile. We had arrived to our destination in a short time.

"Wait here," Jasper said to me and Edward. Him and Emmett, got out to see if there were any familiar scents around the area. I couldn't see out the window that much, my eyes were still blurry from the tears and I had a killer headache. Jasper opened my door, and ran me into the house, with Edward on his heels. It seemed like we were in the middle of a forest, where were we? I didn't care, as long as Edward was with me, I was fine. As soon as Esme and Carlisle came in, I noticed that there was someone missing.

Edward answered me before I could think of the question," It seems like he's still too upset, he's in wolf form right now, prowling the woods it seems, looking for something UN-vampire loving, to entertain himself." I sighed. Jacob still had a high case of jealousy these days.

I got up and said," I'm going to go take a shower." I trudged upstairs. I could sense someone following me.

"This room's ours," Edward said, a smile on both his face and in his eyes. He held the door open, gesturing me to go in before him. I walked in, the room was beautiful, a big canopy bed in the middle of the room, a desk with a new computer in the corner, and of course one wall was completely made of glass. Where did the Cullens get all of these houses? He jumped onto the bed and propped his arms behind his head. Our bags were already in the corner. I found my bag and took out my bathroom necessities.

"I'll be here when you're back," he said smiling.

"Is that a promise, Mr.Cullen?" I asked.

"Always and forever," he sated. He winked. My knees just about buckled in, I held onto the wall for support, he tried to hide a laugh. I walked into the bathroom, and brushed my teeth. Then I undressed and got into the shower, I started to think about Jacob, why couldn't he at least say hi? Hadn't I behaved, I hadn't called or anything, I'd left him alone like he'd told me to. Bella you chose your side, stick with it, I flinched, his words stung me like a paper cut. I got out and dressed into my pajamas. I walked out and layed down on the bed next to Edward. He started to stroke my hair, and he hummed me his lullaby, usually we would have talked for a while but I didn't realize how late it was, I was suddenly worn out, I went to sleep next to the most beautiful person in the world, and I shut my eyes. Jacob, would have to speak to me sooner or later, I don't give up so easily.