Until the End of Everything

Wishing.

I never really understood why birthdays were so important. I used to think they were just another excuse to give presents and throw parties. Why do people wish you a “Happy Birthday”? I mean, of course it’s a happy occasion. You get to tell people you’re older, that’s cool and all but you get to do that daily. You get older everyday, why is that one day so important? I guess for me it was never my true birthday. I was born on September 30th, a month before I was supposed to be. I was premature and had to remain in the hospital until Halloween. October 31st was the day I was released and taken home. I’ve always felt happiest on Halloween. Well almost. My last birthday I turned sixteen, I didn’t have a Sweet Sixteen or anything, but I did get a present. And that present changed my life drastically.
I got a visit from my dead grandmother who claimed to have magical powers. At first I thought she was just senile, but something inside me knew the truth. She gave me a charm bracelet all those months ago and told me to make a wish. I didn’t want to at first because I thought she was just another mad old lady, but something made me. Thinking that it wouldn’t come true I wished for something huge. Because I doubted my Grandmother’s abilities I didn’t consider the consequences before hand. Amazingly, that wish did come true.
And that’s how I ended up with My Chemical Romance.
It took a lot of time, and a lot of tears, and a lot of comic books, but in the end I got the band together. Well at least for the time being. I, poufy haired, non blonde, pale, unpopular Marilyn Brant (I have no relation to Marilyn Manson whatsoever. No really, I promise) ended up with a boyfriend. But not any boyfriend, the most ultra amazing one ever: Gerard Way.
I didn’t wish for Gerard to fall in love with me (Well I did, but that’s not what I wished for when Grandma came along.)On that paper that fateful day, I wrote a few sentences and those sentences changed my life forever, “I want My Chemical Romance to be with me. I want Gerard, Mikey, Frank, Ray, and Bob. I want them to go to high school with me. I want them to be their. I want to be the one to start the greatest rock band in history. I want to be a part of the revolution.”
When I wrote those words down and put it in that heart shaped locket I never imagined my wish would come true, I just did it out of hope. My life was boring back then; I had only one best friend and no confidence. I would make it past the days only because each and every day My Chemical Romance would save my life. I wanted to save lives, because maybe saving those endangered lives could be less boring than living one. And I was right.
With the wish came a load of stress and pressure to get My Chemical Romance together. (Did I mention I only had a few months to do it?)
Through all this, only one thing remained constant. And that was my gift- well it’s more like a curse but I like to call it that because it makes it seem better than what it really is. Ever since I could remember I had songs stuck in my head. And so has everybody else, but for me it was different. Everyday there’s a new song and it indicated how my day is going to go. For instance, today I have the song “White Night Fantasy” by Nightwish stuck in my head. Tonight Gerard is taking me to dinner at some fancy restaurant, a real date. Throughout all of the months we’ve been dating, we’ve never gone out on an actual date. And Gerard is driving; he just got his license which is also pretty huge, because before we’d just take his bike everywhere. (This was pretty awkward because I don’t know how to ride a bike…) But I really do hope tonight is as fantastic as a White Night Fantasy.
“I hummed this song to the white
Through the shroud of snow I saw
Paradise
Peace
No more lies”