This Is Love, This Is ***ous

Chapter 17

“It’s tomorrow, it’s tomorrow!” I shrieked bouncing around the house, the night before Brandan was supposed to be coming home.

“We know, we know.” Mick said rubbing the bridge of his nose. “Christ I wish he came home on a Tuesday or something so you could be sleeping for work the next day. But of course not he has to come home on a Sunday so you can be this hyper and not have to sleep!” He complained.

“Hey Mick I forgot to tell you.” I began.

“What’s up?”

“It’s tomorrow!”

“God damnit!” He said shaking his head. “Look how about you go out in the yard and run around in circles till you tire yourself out and we can get some sleep?” He asked me while I continued dancing around the house.

“That’s no fun!” I whined.

“Well why don’t you start packing all those clothes you bought with Mikey yesterday?” He asked me. “You know you’ve only got four days to pack two months worth of clothes and you’re a woman.”

“That is a good point, you wanna see what I bought?” I exclaimed grabbing his hand and pulling him up the stairs with me.

“Why did you even bother asking if you were just going to make me go anyway?” He said bitterly.

“To be polite.” I told him.

“I didn’t know that word even registered in your vocabulary.” He mumbled.

“Oh shut it you.” I huffed as we got to me and Brandan’s room.

“Holy shit what did you do buy a whole wardrobe for the fucking tour?” He exclaimed as he saw all the shopping bags on the floor.

“Fashion Island is god’s gift to women.” I sighed.

“And Brandan’s worse nightmare, we better pack all this shit tonight before he sees it and has a fit!”

“Why? I think when he sees what I bought he’ll be too busy thinking of other things to throw a fit.”

“Get packing!” He exclaimed grabbing on of the huge suitcases in the corner of the room on to the bed.

Three hours later, I was completely packed and ready to leave for Europe in four days.

“I can’t believe you bought all of that in a span of a few hours.” Mick said exhausted.

“Then you don’t know me when it comes to shopping.”

“I’ve only heard stories.” He joked. “Now it’s 6 am, Brandan is going to be here in 5 hours can we please get some sleep?” He whined.

“Fine, fine you sleep I’m going to shower.” I told him.

“Women, you realize he’ll probably be too horny to even care about how gnarly you smell the only thing he’s gong to care about is how fast he can conquer your southern region.”

“This is Brandan we’re talking about.” I told him, as I handed him a few pillows and a blanket.

“My thoughts exactly.” He nodded and the paused, “Well maybe he’ll want to lift weights first to get some extra testosterone but seriously he’s going to be all about the conquering of his woman.”

“Then why are you here if you know he’s going to run through that door and bang my brains out?” I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

“That’s exactly what I’ve been asking myself!” He said as he headed downstairs to fold out the couch and go to sleep.

“Good night Mick!” I shouted to him.

“Night!” I heard his voice echo up the stairs.

I took a nice long shower, and then changed in to one of the many nightgowns I bought the other day with Nicole. I looked at the clock on my nightstand as I got in to my room and say I still had four hours until Brandan would be home. So I figured I might as well take a little nap seeing as the effects of running around all day were finally taking a hold of me. Nap was an understatement as it turns out because the next thing I knew I felt someone kissing my shoulder blade,

“What’s going on?” I said yawning rubbing my eyes.

“Good morning sleeping beauty.” I heard the only voice I’d want to hear waking up.

“Oh thank god it’s not Mick!” I exclaimed jumping up and in to his arms wrapping my legs around him. “Welcome home.” I told Brandan kissing him and hugging him tightly.

“I see you went shopping?” He asked looking at the nightgown.

“It was on sale I couldn’t help myself.”

“Same goes for me.” He smirked, “Mick I’d go home if I was you I have to conquer my woman!” He yelled out the door.

“Go win the war and make me proud, Erin I told you so!” I heard Mick shout followed by the
back door slamming.

“Now where was I?” Brandan laughed setting me down on the bed.

“Hold it!” I said holding my hand out against his chest stopping him.

“What’s up?” He smiled as he pulled off his hoodie.

“I missed you.” I told him as he hugged me tightly.

“Trust me you weren’t the only one.” He smiled and kissed my forehead.

“Now.” He said simply.

“By all means begin invading my southern borders.” I laughed pulling him in to a kiss.

The next four days were insane to say the least, I was working overtime at the salon because of my upcoming two month absence, Brandan was packing, we were still babysitting Audrey a few times a week but I think that was the highlight of everything. And then the day came when we were leaving to fly to Germany.

“Now take care of Bella.” I told Mikey giving her Bella and her leash.

“You know I will.” She assured me.

“Okay, Bella be good mommy and daddy will be back before you know it.” I told my dog kissing her head.

“Get there safe, and call me when you land.” She told me pulling me in to a tight hug.

“I will.” I told her hugging her even tighter, before I got in the car to leave.

“Ready?” Brandan asked me, as he took my hand with his free hand.

“You bet your hot ass I am.” I told him making him laugh.

“You know I am in the car too.” Mick mumbled from the backseat.

“How could I ever forget?” I asked him sarcastically.

“Oh you’re just so funny.” He replied with equal sarcasm in his voice.

“Hey babe I was thinking, can we join the mile high club?” I asked Brandan making Mick choke.

“Uh we’ll see honey.”

“Erin not funny!” Mick mumbled.

When we got to the airport we met up with everyone else in Brandan’s band as well as the crew who were going and we all headed to check in followed by heading to our gate.

“Don’t you hate flying?” Mick asked me while we headed to get a cup of coffee while we waited.

“Big time.” I told him taking a sip.

“That now explains why you look like you went a few shades paler.” He noted.

“Gee thanks Mick you truly are a great friend.” I said sarcastically.

“You know you really should work on that whole sarcasm problem of yours, it’s not very becoming for a young lady.” He told me as we headed back to the gate.