What Should Have Happened in ZooTV: Sydney

What Should Have Happened in ZooTV: Sydney

“So the plan is a go?”

“Definitely,” Bono said with a smile.

“How are you so sure two girls will take our place?”

“Don’t worry, I can just tell,” he replied, a devilish grin growing on his face.

*****************

“This is a rock and roll show,” Bono said into the microphone, signaling Edge and Larry’s start of Even Better Than The Real Thing. “Yeah, makes going for a walk look like hard work. But you haven't come all the way here to watch TV now, have ya?”

The music went on, until the bass entered. The guitar suddenly stopped and the lights flickered off for a moment. Larry and Adam stopped themselves, looking around in the darkness, as did the crowd. The lights turned back on and everything seemed normal. Except for, of course, the missing guitarist and lead singer.

Adam put down his bass and went over to the spot of the two men, finding only The Fly shades, the leather jacket Bono was wearing, and the microphone in Bono’s spot. In Edge’s spot, there were his guitar, his beanie, and his purple vest discarded on the floor. Adam went back to Bono’s items, and looked back at Larry, who just replied to his look with a shrug.

He took the microphone in hand and scratched the back of his head. “Em,” he mumbled. “Are there people out here that can play guitar and sing the next song?”

****************

“Did you hear him?!” Audrey said excitedly to Serena, trying to talk over the screaming crowd.

“That Adam wants someone to sing in place for Bono…” Serena started, a grin slowly making its way on her face.

“And someone to play guitar in place for Edge!” Audrey finished, jumping up and down. They both pushed through the crowd, until they were in sight of Adam and jumped up and down, madly waving their arms in the air to catch his attention.

“I can play guitar!!”

“And I can sing!!”

Adam faced the two screaming girls and smiled. “You girls can take their place?” he mouthed to them.

“Fuck yes!” Audrey screamed to him, cursing herself afterwards for swearing at a rock star bassist. But he just laughed and reached his hand out to them, Serena grabbing him first and being pulled on stage. Audrey followed and once both girls were up, the crowd went wild.

“I suppose you’re free to use their clothes, if you’re comfortable with ‘em.” Adam motioned to the discarded clothes on the floor. The two girls rushed to them, holding them in their hands and taking in every detail.

“These are Bono’s shades,” Serena said, star struck, as she put them over her eyes. She picked up the leather jacket and brought it over her shoulders, sliding her arms into the sleeves. She looked herself over once, and hugged herself, still feeling the warmth Bono had left behind in his jacket.

“You’ll need this.” Adam tossed her the microphone with a smile. She returned his gesture with a wide grin and stuck the microphone onto the stand. The two looked back at Audrey, who already had the vest over her shoulders and the beanie on her head. She reached down, gingerly picking up Edge’s guitar and putting the strap over her head. She looked back at the two.

“So, we gonna play or what?” she grinned. The two smiled back and Adam nodded to Serena, mouthing a “Good luck” to her.

Serena gulped and looked out to the crowd. They screamed and cheered for her, and slowly, whatever worry she had in her disappeared. She nodded at Audrey, who began Even Better Than The Real Thing, Larry following behind..

Ahhhh, she moaned into microphone, Adam coming in after her. She felt the rhythm run through her and she went back to singing, Audrey singing background vocals.

Give me one more chance
And you'll be satisfied
Give me two more chances
You won't be denied

Well my heart is where it's always been
My head is somewhere in between
Give me one more chance
Let me be your lover tonight

You're the real thing
Yeah the real thing
You're the real thing
Even better than the real thing
Child...


Serena pulled off the microphone from the stand, and made her way across the stage and down to the ledge in front of the fans, continuing to sing.

Give me one last chance
And I'm gonna make you sing


She faced the photographers and smirked, pulling the jacket off half-way, letting them snap pictures.

Give me half a chance
To ride on the waves that you bring


She turned her back to them and continued to cross the stage, jumping about as she sang on.

You're honey child to a swarm of bees
Gonna blow right through you like a breeze
Give me one last dance
We'll slide down the surface of things


She went up to the camera, singing into it, and shaking it around as she sang the chorus.

You're the real thing
Yeah the real thing
You're the real thing
Even better than the real thing
Child...


Serena walked past Audrey, who was concentrated on the upcoming guitar solo, and to Larry’s drum kit, where she picked up a video camera and began filming Audrey. She started at her feet, a pair of black converse covering them, going up her jeans, body and finally focusing on her face as Audrey began walking near her.

She turned from Audrey and brought the camera up, slowly bringing it down to her open mouth, kissing the screen when it reached her lips.

We're free to fly the crimson sky
The sun won't melt our wings tonight


She faced the camera towards her, singing for it. And she began spinning in a circle, trying hard to keep the camera focused on herself.

Oh now, oh now,
Here she comes


She spun faster, as Adam came out of his corner spot and closer to the center stage. Serena crashed into him, bringing him down with her in a tangle of orange wire, Adam’s bass getting thrown onto the stage. They struggled to get up but failed, so she continued to sing.

Take me higher
You take me higher
You take me higher
You take me higher


Audrey looked back at the two, wondering what happened to the bass and saw them; Adam face down on the floor and Serena facing the black boxes, singing her heart out. She cautiously walked over to the two, containing a grin on her face. She leaned down, continuing to play.

“You guys oka—” She was cut short by Serena, who pulled her down with them, and started rolling about on the floor, getting Audrey tangled along with them. Serena giggled her head off, Audrey soon following, but Adam just grumbled and wiggled around to try to get free.

“Y’know, this isn’t the best situation to be laughing about…” Adam said, slightly frustrated.

“Are you kidding me?” Serena laughed. “Here, on ZooTV, tangled up in a pile with you and Audrey, people could be thinking we’re having some weird threesome right now!”

“Oh, bloody hell,” Adam said, flustered. Audrey giggled and let out a loud moan, the crowd cheering in response. Serena followed suit, Adam laying still and pouting.

“Come on, love,” Audrey smiled, turning her head to Adam. “We’re just having a bit of fun, and look at how much the crowd is enjoying it!”

Adam looked out at the crowd, arms flailing madly and screams of ecstasy coming from each person looking out at the stage. “Fine,” he said, defeated, as he added his own loud moans to the girls’.

*****************

”Bloody fucking hell,” Larry breathed, looking over the drum kit at his band mate on the floor with the two girls, moaning loudly. He felt an arm on his shoulder and he turned back, to see Bono, a devilish grin on his face.

“Told you Edge,” he said, Edge making his way out of the shadows and behind Larry to watch Adam, Serena and Audrey.

“What the hell is going on?” Larry said, looking back at the two with a confused look on his face. Bono and Edge, looked at each other, and smirked.

“Wanna let them do Mysterious Ways?”