Dream Breaker

Chapter Sixteen

Brian then pulled into the parking spot he got out of the car, not seeing Audrey any where he decided that he would have another smoke. Leaning against the door of his car he lit the cigarette that he now held between his lips and lit it. He took a long drag and held it in for a few moments then he let the smoke roll from his lips.

"This is just a friendly dinner, there is nothing wrong with that." Brian told himself flicking his ash. "All we are doing is enjoying each other's company that's all. Nothing more." Taking one more drag of his smoke he saw Audrey's white car pulling up next to his, she was wearing bright blue tunic top flowed outward.

Only showing the slightest hint that she was pregnant, he smiled slightly and nodded as she walked up tucking a strand of her loose mahogany colored hair behind her ear. Digging in her purse she then pulled out his Black Berry.

"I think that this belongs to you sir.," She smiled holding it out to him. "Jake had it in his play room."

"Thanks I was thinking about turning it off," Brian said as he flicked his growing ash once more.

Audrey giggled slightly. "Afraid that some crazy fan girl got a hold of it, and stalk you?"
"Least of my worries."

"What? Were you afraid that some crazy fan boy had it instead? I never thought of you as the male stalker type."

"How about just a crazy people in general wanting to stalk me. " Brian said as he flicked his cigarette butt across the parking lot. "So, on another note. Are you hungry?"

Nodding she patted her tummy softly. "You have no idea, work today was crazy. Since it was nice out the kids spent most of the time outside; and they all insisted that I play tag with them." She said as followed after him.

"I thought I heard Zack say something about that Jake guy being back from England, or something like that." He asked as he held the door open for her.

"He is back, but his sister and her husband came to the states. I think he said something about how they were thinking about buying a house over here and showing them around. Emma wanted to move here so she and Jake could be closer." Audrey told him.

Brian nodded walking into Johnny's bar brought back all too many memories for the guys would meet here after school and played game after game of pool. Bullshitting, talking about the future plans for the band; this is where they really got the band off the ground. Sitting at the table in the corner closes to what Jimmy said was make out corner, the five of them would collaborate about what they wanted for their songs.
The two of them walked back to make out corner and took and both took a seat, Audrey looked down at table top and read all the names. Audrey snickered.

"Oh wow, Jimmy and Johnny are so weird." She told him.

Brian raised an eyebrow at what she said. "You just noticed this? How long have you known them?" He said.

"They carved their names into the table, encircled in a heart with an arrow through it." She pointed at the names.

"That must have been when they were drunk," he said as he stood up. "I can't remember what you like to drink, it's iced tea right?" Audrey nodded.

"With extra lemon please." She said with a smile.

Soon returning to the table he placed her iced tea in front of her along with the lemon, taking his seat he removed his shades. "I got you your normal, I hope that's alright." he said as he took a drink of his beer.

"That's fine. I don't think I've ever gotten anything different from here anyway."

"I guess." Brian said looking at table top reading all the different names, already he could tell that this was a bad idea.

Why in the hell is he even here with her in the first place? He thought that he made himself very clear, that he was going to move on with his life; and she wasn't going to be in it. If that was true, then why is he there with her?

"So.." Audrey said as she stirred the iced tea around in the tall glass. "How have you been?" she asked, Brian didn't answer. "Bri?" she waved her hand in front of his face. "Hello? Earth to Brian Haner."

He was then free from the many questions that were running through his head. "Did you say something?" he asked.

Audrey nodded and took a drink of her tea. "I asked how you have been."

"Oh, sorry I was kind of spacing out there for a few minutes."

Audrey giggled. "I can see that." She said. "So are you going to tell me how you've been or are we just going to sit here in awkward silence?" She asked him.

Brian shrugged slightly. "I'm doing pretty good, things are going pretty great with the band so I'm happy."

"That is what Zack said, you guys are really close to finishing this album right?"

Brian nodded and took a drink of his beer. "Yeah, all that needs to be done is to tighten up a few things on the last few songs. But, that shouldn't take us very long at all; maybe a late night one of these days...so, how are you?" He asked.

Audrey looked down at her stomach and then looked at him. "Pregnant, and working. But mostly pregnant."

"Oh, that's good." Brian said as he scratched the back of his head. "How's that going for you?" Audrey raised her brow at his question.

"Really? You just asked? Just like that?"

"Yeah...how else would I ask?"

Audrey took a small sip of her tea. "I don't know you could ask when I plan on going to the doctor's to check on the baby?" Brian looked at her and blinked.

"Sure, let's go with that." She let out a long sigh running her fingers through her hair she looked at him, her hazel eyes.

"If you want to go with me on my next appointment you can. It's on Friday." She told him. Brian nodded and noticed that their food was done.

"I'll go get the food." He said as he stood up once more walking away from the table. Walking away he scratched his neck and sighed. This has to be the worse idea he's ever had in a really long time; why can't he just stick to his original plan? Stay away from Audrey, how hard is that? Apparently it's really hard because here he is, out with his ex girlfriend.

After gathering the two plates of food he made his way back to the table, he set her double bacon cheese burger in front of her he noticed the smile on her face. When Audrey smiled her whole faces light's up. "There you go, your favorite as well as mine." he said and took his seat once more.

"Thank you. This really did sound good." Audrey said as she took a bite of the home fries. "Best fries in town." She told him with a smile.

"I have to agree with you there, they are mighty tasty." he said with a smile, with that said the two of them feel into silence as they ate their meals.

"So, do you think you will be able to make it to the Doctors appointment?" Audrey asked him as she dabbed the corner of her mouth. He looked at her and shrugged.

"I don't know Audrey, I really don't think that Shauna will be cool with that." He told her honestly.

"Oh...okay," She said as she ate the last fry on her plate. "That's understandable...I guess."

Brian nodded. "I mean I know what I said before when we were talking on the computer, about what she doesn't know won't hurt her. But I can't really bring myself to lie to her." he told her honestly.

Audrey nodded and looked at the condensation rolling down her glass. "To early in the relationship to be lying." She said as she locked eyes with him, "Wait till you knock her up, then go for it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update for you all. I hope you liked it.