Dream Breaker

Chapter Seventeen

The words that Audrey had just spoke hit Brian hard in the chest to be honest, he never thought Audrey would say something like that especially to him. That was something that he could see Adrianne saying. I guess this really does mean that they are siblings. He coughed as he took a drink of his beer looking at Audrey who was sitting across from him. He grabbed the napkin and wiped his face free from the beer that dribbled down his chin slightly.

"Where did that come from?" He asked.

Audrey spun the ice around in her glass not looking at him. "I was telling the truth Brian, I may not agree with everything my sister has said or done but," She looked at him. "You really hurt me. I honestly thought that you really loved me but I guess I was wrong. I thought that when I told you that I was pregnant you wouldn't get scared an run off." She said as she bit her lower lip. "Because that is the only real reason you broke up with me. You were scared."

Brian sighed and tossed the crumpled napkin on his empty plate. "I was only being honest with you Audrey, I thought you deserved that much; and I will be honest with you now. Yes. I was scared of being a dad, and I'm still scared shitless."

"I deserved you breaking up with me to my face not through a note," she dug in her purse once more taking out her wallet, opening it she took out a folded piece of paper that look worn from being handled too much and set it in front of him. He looked at the paper and then looked at the girl with sadness clear on her face, he knew what it was he wasn't stupid. It was the letter that he had wrote her when he left to be with Shauna for good.

"In my defense I thought that would be the easiest way."

"The easiest way?" Audrey laughed slightly. "Tell me something Brian, how long before you decided to give me the note were sleeping around on me? And I want the gods honest truth."

Brian looked at his watch and sighed. "I really don't have time to explain myself to Audrey, what happened in the past is in the past."

"You have all the time in the world. Your girlfriend is out right? So there is nothing keeping you, not that girl friends mean that much." She said honestly.

"Audrey, this dinner was just supposed to be relaxing maybe filled with some laughs. Not an interrogation session." He said rubbing his face in frustration, this Audrey was different from the one that he left only a few weeks before.

"How did you expect me to be? Okay with that fact that when I told my boyfriend that I was pregnant with his child he dumped me," She took the folded piece of paper in her hand, holding it up, "Through a note mind you. What did you expect, that I was going to be all smiles and sunshine, like nothing happened?"

Shaking his head he pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a sigh, he was making a mental note to himself not to break up with a girl through a note; it apparently really pisses them off.

"You may think how you did it was the 'right' thing to do but it really wasn't." Audrey said as she removed a twenty from her wallet and set it on the table. "Thank you for having me out to dinner with, but I have to go now."

Brian opened his eyes looking at Audrey as she hopped down from the chair and make her way out of the bar. Once again Brian was hit with the huge wave of guilt, everything that Audrey said was true to a point. He stood up and grabbed the twenty and followed after her, seeing her unlocking her car door he placed his hand against it. "Audrey, stop." He said.

"What do you want Brian?" She said looking up at him.

"I want to say that I'm sorry."

She looked at him and blinked. "Why are you sorry?"

He rubbed his face. "For all of the shit that I have put you through alright? I know that way that I broke things off wasn't the greatest. And you were right, you deserved to be told to the face. But what is in the past is in the past, and there is no changing that." He told her.

"How long Brian." She asked him.

"How long what?"

"How long have you been seeing Shauna?"

He stayed silent for a few minutes. "I deserve to know the truth." She told him. Looking at her he was just about to answer her when his phone went off with the ringtone the said. 'Girlfriend alert.' She looked at the phone now in his hands and pulled her car door open and got in without saying a word to him. He stepped back listening to his phone go off a few more times before answering, their eyes locked on one another. Audrey then broke eye contact and pulled out.

"Hey." He said his eyes still glued on Audrey's as she started to drive off.

"You found your phone, I tried calling the house phone but there wasn't an answer. Are you out with the guys?" Shauna asked with sounds of laughter in the back ground.

"Yeah, Matt wanted to have a Call of Duty night so I am heading over there now. What's up?" Watching Audrey car stopped at the red light.

"I have a question."

Great more questions just what Brian needed. "I might have answer."

"I can't find my wallet and the girls and I are going out for dinner, so...I was wondering if before you get to Matt's if you could drop off some money."

"What happened to you wallet? You just bought the damn thing like two weeks ago." He said as he took out a cigarette from his pack.

"I don't know, I just can't find it. But do you think you can drop off some money to me?" She asked him.

"Babe all I have is my card."

"That will do just fine. I promise I won't max it out." She told with cheerfully. Brian lit the smoke in between his lips and let the smoke out through his nose.

"Alright fine, where are you?"

Shauna told him where she was and said that she loved him and that she would see him soon, he hung up the phone and stuck it in his pocket. Taking another drag he leaned his back against his car once again. "Audrey seemed pretty upset, and as she should be. I was the one that messed everything up; I took the pussy way out of the relationship." He said to himself as he flicked his ash. Letting out a long sigh he rubbed his face looking at his watch, he had to get the card to Shauna. He wasn't very fond on the idea of handing over his card. But he knew that if he didn't he wouldn't hear the end of it.

"Time to get this over with." He said holding the smoke in his lips getting in his cars, buckling his seat belt he pulled out of the parking lot to meet his girlfriend. The sooner he got this over with, the sooner he could go back home and play his guitar.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holly crap.
A third update? What is seriously wrong with Calder?
Maybe...it is the delicious pie from Sharie's. Or it's that her friend makes her wrtie.
No one will no...

ZOMBIE