Dream Breaker

Chapter Twenty-Two

~At Brian's house~

Shauna was sitting on the couch her leg bouncing impatiently looking towards the door hoping he would walk through any minute. She looked at her watch and let out a frustrated sigh, "Where the hell is he?" She said out loud as Brian walked through the front door.

Right when he entered Shauna stood straight up her arms across her chest, "And where the hell have you been?"

"Sorry mother, I didn't realize that I had a curfew," He said as he took off his black hat and removed his wallet setting them both on the counter.

"You said that you would be home soon, like three and a half hours ago Brian," She said anger present in her voice.

"I was hanging with my friends. I am allowed to do that you know, you're not my baby sitter,"

"I wanted to spend time with you before you had to go and run off to the studio. Is that such a crime?" She asked him. Brian didn't answer all he did was walk past her making his way into the kitchen. "I take your silence as a 'just shut the fuck up'. Is that what you want me to do Brian? Shut the fuck up?" She snapped.

There were some many things going through Brian's mind on what he wanted to say to her right now, but he only sighed and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge. Looking at her as he opened his drink he sighed.

"Do you have my card?" He asked her.

"Your card?" She said bluntly, "Is that all you care about is your stupid card?"

"No," Brian said looking at the woman who was clearly upset at him, "That isn't all I care about. But I would like to have it back if you wouldn't mind."

Shauna stomped her foot as she walked over to where her purse was and took out her wallet. Brian noticed that she now had her wallet, funny on the phone she said she didn't have it.

"Where did you find your wallet?" He asked.

She looked at her wallet and then to him still searching through the cards looking for his. "It was in our room, I found it when I came home. Expecting to have some boyfriend and girlfriends time." She told him, "Fuck where the hell did I put it?" She said.

Brian rubbed his face as he watched her continually looking through her wallet. "You lost my card? Seriously Shauna...how can you lose a credit card?"

"I had it last night when we went to the club! So just chill out," She told him.

"I thought that you and the girls were just going for dinner?"

"We had a changes of plans, it's not that big of a deal so just relax." She said running her fingers through her hair.

Brian sighed and rubbed his face in frustration, this was seriously not turning out to be his best day. Looking at the time on the stove he grabbed his wallet and keys making his way to the front door.

"Where do you think you are going?" Shauna asked, "Your home now, you can't just leave." She told him.

Hearing what Shauna had just said to him made him stop in his tracks looking at her he said, "Excuse me? Since when did you become my keeper?"

"I'm not your keeper Brian and you know that. I just want to spend some damn time with that's all I ask." She stated, "I don't think what I am asking for is that much."

"It's not that much babe, but when you are treating me like I'm property it is a problem, I'll be home whenever. Don't wait up." With that said Brian walked out of his house once more, not even bothering taking his car he walked down to the beach. With a cigarette between his lips he saw a very familiar spot where he saw Jimmy at with his drum pad.

Brian soon joined Jimmy sitting on the sand, "Hey man," Brian said.
Jimmy smiled at him and spun one of his sticks around, "What brings you out here?" he asked.

Shrugging Brian took a drag, "Wanted to get out of the house I guess,"

Jimmy nodded and then began to spin both his sticks at the same time, "So are you coming to the get together on Saturday, at V's place?"

"Do you really think I have a choice in the matter?"

Jimmy shrugged, "I didn't know if you would want to being the fact that Audrey was going to be there."

"I think I should be fine, I will just keep my mouth shut I guess."

Jimmy nodded and then looked out hearing the waves crash against the beach, "Are you going to bring Shauna?"

"I have no clue, I wasn't even planning on telling her that there was a get to together,"
Brian said flicking his ash.

"You sound a little irritated," Jimmy pointed out, "Something the matter?"

"Nothing that you need to concern yourself with man, everything will be just fine." Brian said, there was a part of him that thought that everything was going to be just fine. Every couple had their bumps in the road, some more than others. Then there was the other part of him, that was seriously thinking about just leaving Shauna and being in the single scene.

Jimmy just shrugged, "Never say I don't try to help," He said starting to drum a playful beat on his pad.

"You always try to help man, you just don't really like taking help when it's offered, " Brian told him.

"Look who's talking," Jimmy said spinning his drum stick once more.

Brian raised his eye brow at him, "What are you talking about?"

Jimmy sighed and shock his head, continuing his beat, "Nothing, it's not my place to speak."

Brian looked at his best friend and blinked, "No, now you have to tell me what you were going to say."

Shaking his head Jimmy closed his eyes and just continued to play the beat he was thinking of. Brian nudged Jimmy's should trying to get his attention, that didn't work he still had his eyes closed. Brian looked at Jimmy and sighed, he put out his cigarette and laid back against the sand, lighting another on up he stared at the sky.

Opening one of his eyes Jimmy saw his friend leaning back, "Hey, what's your favorite song to play off of the album?" he asked.

"I don't know," Brian told him watching as he formed smoke rings, "I like Almost Easy,"

"Why do you like that one?" Jimmy asked him.

"It's easy to play," Brian laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you guys go!
I wanted to post this last night but we had a power outage.
Try having a power outage, when you are in a writing mood. Doesn't really work out.
Well. Sameh! (sorry if I misspelled it)
Hope you feel better!

Oh!
Please check out No More Tea Parties Featuring M. Shadows
And.
Dreams Never Come True Featuring Jimmy The Rev Sullivan