Dream Breaker

Twenty- Nine

Brian woke up the following morning after sleeping like shit to an empty bed, he didn’t care much that just meant more time to himself, more time to think about what the hell he had gotten himself into. Sitting up he looked at the clock on the bed side table it read eight’ thirty.

“Well I have nothing planned for today.” He sighed and stood up grabbing the pack of smokes as he made his way to the balcony. Lighting up the first cigarette of the day he closed his eyes letting the rush of nicotine wash over his body. Looking out at the beach he sighed, there were so many things running through his mind. Like why he didn’t tell his girl friend that he was going to be the father of twins? Then it hit him, it wasn’t any of her business.

“I knew she would just make a scene.” He said as he took another drag of his cigarette, as he let the smoke out of his lungs a knock hit his ears. Sighing he took one last drag and put the butt of the smoke in the ask tray; walking down the stairs he opened the door to see Eric.

“Hey Brian.” Eric said with a slight smile on his face, “mind if you and I talk?”

Shrugging Brian held the door open for him. “Come on in.” He said.

Eric nodded and walked in the house following Brian as he made his way to the kitchen. “Coffee?” Brian asked as he turned on the coffee pot.

“Sure, thanks.” Eric took a seat at the break fast bar.

“So how can I help you?” Brian asked grabbing two coffee cups.

“Well, you can help me by explaining what the hell you were thinking yesterday.” Eric said calmly.

Not saying anything for a while Brian poured the two of them each a cup of coffee. “Meaning?”

“The meaning is what were you thinking bringing your new girlfriend to the family get together? You know how Adrianne can get, mind you that doesn‘t excuse her behavior.”

Shrugging Brian took a drink, “You can‘t blame her, I should have known better then to bring her. I mean this wasn‘t the first time the Adrianne has beaten the crap out of her.”

“That doesn’t make it right.”

After a few minutes Eric coughed to break the silence that has formed between them. “On another note Loren told me something interesting last night.”

With a raised brow Brian looked at him. “And that would be?”

“Audrey’s pregnant.”

Great, Eric knows that Audrey is pregnant and so does her mother; to be honest Brian was grateful that Eric came to talk to him instead of Loren. He has Loren long enough to know that Adrianne gets her temper from her.

“She told me.”

Eric nodded slowly, “And the kids are yours.”

“Yep.”

Setting his cup down Eric crossed his arm over his chest. “Is yep all you can say?”

“What else is there for me to say?”

“I don’t know Brian, maybe you can tell me that your going to be there for her when she needs help?”

Brian didn’t say anything he just looked at him and took a few more drinks of his coffee.

“Alright listen,” Eric sighed, “I know that you’re a big time rock star and you have your band to worry about. You are also on tour for long periods of time; but that doesn’t excuse you from our fatherly duties to those two kids.” He told him. “All I want you to tell me is that you will help her when it’s needed, I understand that you two are no longer together, and that you have another girlfriend.”

“Shauna isn’t very pleased that I get Audrey pregnant.” Brian told him. He really could care less what she thought in the first place, it’s not like she is having his kids.

“If I remember correctly you were cheating on my daughter with Shauna, so why the fuck is she throwing a bitch fit that you got her pregnant?”

Brian shrugged, “I don’t know I really don’t talk to Shauna about it.”

“Why don’t you be the grown man I know you are and tell her to fuck off, that you will help Audrey when needed? Step up to the plate and be a man.”

“Do you want to follow me out to the porch so I can smoke another cigarette so we can continue this conversation?” Brian asked him as he started to make his way to the back door.

Eric followed after Brian and leaned against the railing watching him as he smoked, he was trying to wrap his mind around what he was going to say next.

“Do you have anything to say for yourself Brian?”

“What do you want me to say?”

“I want to know how you are going to fix this mess you got yourself in.”

Brian looked at Eric with the cigarette hanging from his lips. “To be honest Eric I have know fucking clue what I am going to do. The truth is. I don’t want kids, I want to be my own person. I know that it takes two to make a baby and all that.” He told him. “Audrey is pretty girl, she’s smart, funny, and all over a great person. Honestly she is the greatest girl I have ever dated, and I know she can find someone better then me. Who will be there for the kids in the way that’s needed.”

Listening to what Brian had said he rubbed his face in frustration. “Listen Brian. I know where you are coming from and not wanting to be a parent yet. I was younger then you when Loren had Adrianne, and it scared the shit out of me.” he looked him in the eye, “but I was going to be damned if I was going to let another man be the father of my child.”

Brian didn’t say anything after that, Eric then took that s his time to leave.

“Take what I said into consideration Brian, and I wish you and Shauna that best of luck.” With that said Eric patted Brian on shoulder and walked passed him and out the door. Leaving Brian once again alone for his thoughts to roll around in his mind.

~That Afternoon~

“Baby! I’m home!” Shauna said setting her shopping bags on the couch. “Brian?” She called once more making her way up the stairs following the sound of his guitar. Leaning against the door frame to his office she watched as his fingers danced over the strings of the guitar. “Well I’m glad that those fingers are all for me.” she smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. “Miss me?” she asked him with a smile.

Setting his guitar down he turned his guitar to face her. “Sure did.” He said kissing her cheek softly.

“Your not very convincing.” She said pouting down at him, “Is every thing okay?”

“Everything is fine baby, I’m just tired as all.” Brian told her.

Shauna straddled his lap and kissed him softly. “Did you not sleep well or something last night?” She asked kissing him once more, “I didn’t keep you up last night did I?”

Brian looked in her eyes and shock his head, “No baby didn’t keep me up.” Which was a bull face lie, he was up with her all night. Holding her while she cried, cleaning up her face from the nasty beating that she got from Adrianne. Then finally when she did fall asleep he laid there awake with the image of Audrey standing an the front porch, watching him leave with Shauna.

“Alright good. So I was thinking something.”

“And what was that?”

“That you and I go out tonight, on a date.”

“Really now?”

“Yep, just the two of us.” She said running her fingers through his hair. “What do you think?”

“Sounds like good idea, I guess.”

Shauna pouted. “Please baby, we never go out just the two of us anymore.”

Brian leaned in so their lips were almost touching, placing a soft kiss to her lips he smiled. “Alright Shauna, tonight you and I have a date tonight.”

She smiled brightly and kissed him pulling him up she lead him to the door. “Let’s go take a shower.”

Brian nodded and followed her as soon as the two of them made it to the bathroom Shauna had him pushed against the bathroom wall kissing down his neck. “I love you, Brian.”

“I love you too, Au-” He caught himself in mid sentence and saw that Shauna was kissing him down his neck once again so she didn’t notice.

~At Zack’s house~

Audrey walked down the stairs seeing her nephew playing with his toys while her sister was working on her laptop. Taking a seat next to her Audrey read over her shoulder. “What are you doing?” Audrey asked.

Adrianne smiled. “Nothing exciting really, taking inventory.”

“Oh.”

“It’s just how I wanted to spend my afternoon.” Adrianne said.

Audrey nodded and checked her phone seeing that she had a text message from Jacob.
“Who was that?” Adrianne asked. “Is that the Jake from work?”

“You are correct ma’am.” Audrey told her.

“What does he want?”

“He wants to take me out tonight.” She said setting her phone down on the table.

“Your going out with him tonight right?”

Shrugging Audrey ran her fingers through her hair. “I don’t think so, I might stay in tonight.”

Adrianne sighed and closed her lap top she looked at her sister. “Oh come on sis, that’s all you have been doing is staying in. GO out for a change, have some fun.”

Audrey got comfy on the couch and leaned her head back. “I just don’t feel like it, is that such a crime?”

“It is when you never want to go out.”

Sighing Audrey looked at her older sister. “Your not going to give up are you?”

“Nope.” Adrianne smiled.

“You are a pain in the butt, Adrianne.” Audrey told her.

Kissing her cheek Adrianne got up. “Don’t you make me text him, because you know I will do it.”

Audrey stuck out her tongue. “Alright fine you win. I’ll go out tonight.”

“I win, I like the way that sounds.” Adrianne smiled.

Rolling her eyes Audrey stood up and grabbed her phone, replying to Jacob saying that she would gladly like to go out with him she walked outside. “What am I going to wear? I don’t even know where he is taking me.”

A few hours later there came a knock at the front door, Adrianne walked out of the kitchen drying her hands she opened the door and greeted Jake with a smile on her face. “Well don’t you look fancy.”

Jake smiled. “Thanks, is Audrey ready?” He asked.

“Yep.” Audrey said from behind him, Jake’s smile grew if it was even possible.

“You look great.”

“Thanks.” Audrey said tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

“So where are you taking her?” Adrianne asked.

“To the Twin Palm.” Jake told her.

“Lucky, I’m so jealous! How did you get reservations, that place is pretty popular.”

Jake smiled proudly. “I have connections.”

“Well next time your connections are hooking you up, remember to hook me up.”

Jake laughed and took a hold of Audrey’s hand and made their way to the front door.

“You two have fun okay? And Jake, make sure that she smiles!” Adrianne told him.

“I’ll do my best.” With that said Jake and Audrey left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, to all my readers!
Here is an update! I hope you enjoy!
More coming soon!
<3 Calder