Dream Breaker

Chapter Thirty

Audrey and Jake arrived at the Twin palm. Jake parked the car and got out, opening the door for her.

"My lady." he smiled as he offered her his hand. Audrey smiled slightly and took his hand. Stepping out, she fixed her hair. Locking the car the two of them made their way inside, stopping at the hostess booth he gave the young woman his name and she lead them to their table.

Jake pulled out Audrey's chair for her. Taking her seat, she placed the napkin in her lap. Once Jake took his seat, the hostess set their menus in front of them.

"Your waiter will be right with you," she said and left the two of them.

"Thank you for taking me out to dinner, Jake even though you didn't have too,“ Audrey said as she took a drink of her water.

"It's not a problem, I heard this place was pretty good. So, why wouldn't I want to spend it with a pretty girl?"

She nodded and looked at the menu. "Want to know what's really funny?"

"What?"

"Brian-" she stopped and shook her head. "Never mind. I don't want to spoil the evening by talking about him." Audrey said.

Jake noticed the pained look on her face as she started talking about Brian. He reached across the table and took her hand in his. "Love, look at me." he said.

Audrey looked at him. "I know you don't like talking about what happened between you and Brian, but if you ever need someone to talk to who doesn't know him, and won't be bashing him all the time, I’m free to be your diary that you can hug." Jake told her with a smile. "It's some times good to have a fresh perspective on things like this."

"A diary I can hug huh?" She giggled, "Wow, Jake."

"Hey don't judge me, I've spent a lot of time around my sister and she rubs off on you." He sighed. "She is like a disease."

Audrey laughed and went back to looking at the menu. Soon the waiter came and they placed their drink and meal orders. He smiled and let them be. Jake carried on a conversation with her making her laugh and nearly choke on her water.

"Don't die on me." he laughed. "I don't want to be the one to have to tell your sister that you died."

Audrey wiped her eyes of the forming tears. "It couldn't be helped."

"I know, you pregnant woman and your uncontrollable hormones." he laughed.

A few minutes later Brian and Shauna arrived and they were seated on the other side of the Twin Palm. Brian smiled and kissed Shauna's hand as he scooted her seat in for her.

"Well aren't you being very romantic tonight." she smiled.

"You said you wanted a romantic date just the two of us."

"True." She said taking a drink of her water. "This place is amazing. I heard it's the best place in town."

Brian nodded. "It's pretty good from what I heard. Matt took Nicole here when she came back from France. He even proposed to her here."

Shauna sighed spinning the ice around in her glass "I've always wanted to go to Paris and see the Eifel Tower all lit up at night."

"It is a sight to see," he said as be looked at the wine list, "Would like some wine?"

"You know I would."

The waiter came to their table and Brian order vintage bottle of white wine, as well as a rum and coke. While Shauna ordered a sangria. With a polite smile the waiter left the two of them alone. Shauna stayed quiet for a few moments. "Brian?"

He looked at her and set his glass down. "Hm?"

Looking at her water she said. "Do you ever think about getting married? You know, someday?"

He looked at her with a raised brow, what the hell brought her to think about getting married?

"Well?" She asked.

"Maybe someday, but not anytime soon though." He told her. "Honestly I can't really see myself settling down and living the boring life as a husband."

"Oh, I see..." she said with sadness in her tone of voice.

Brian sighed and looked at her. "I'm not saying that I never want to get married. I just can't see myself doing it in the near future, that’s all. I'm sure there's a small part of me that might think so," he took a drink of the water.

To be honest the only person he thought he could ever see himself getting married to was Audrey, as funny as that sounded to him. Even though he and Audrey never talked about it, it was always in the back of his mind., but he wasn’t with her anymore and it didn't make sense as to why he still thought about that sort of thing with her. It was bad enough he almost called Shauna by Audrey‘s name.

"You just haven't found the one, huh?"

Brian didn't say anything. He knew that if he was to answer that question ,she would be all sorts of pissed off at him.

"I mean I can see myself getting married. I've been thinking about my wedding since I was a little girl."

"Don't most girls plan their weddings when they are little?" he asked.

"Well yeah, but I don't think most little girls plan out ever single detail like I did."

The waiter came back with the bottle of wine and their drinks. He poured Brian a small glass, letting him sample to see if that was appropriate. Pleased with the bottle, he let the waiter continue serving. Once he was finished he took their orders and let them be once again.

"I could see you doing that."

"Would you ever marry me?"

Brian looked at her. "I just told you that I'm not planning on getting married, babe."

"That's not my question."

He sighed, "If I was ever to marry someone, I guess I would marry you."

Shauna looked at him. "You guess?"

"Yeah."

"You guess that you would marry me? Are you serious?"

He sighed. "That is what I just said."

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever then."

"Are you seriously getting all pissed off at me because I don't have an exact plan?"

"I'm your girlfriend. I haven't treated you like shit like Audrey did." she sighed, "It just doesn't make sense to me that’s all. All I have ever done was love you and take care of you."

A laugh came from Brian.

"What's so funny?" she asked him.

"You are."

Shauna glared at him. "Why am I funny? I'm trying to be serious, Bri."

"I can't help but laugh babe. You say you take care of me? When I am the one paying for your clothes and the things that you want." He took a drink of his rum and coke. "Not that I have a problem with that, but it makes me laugh when you say you take care of me."

"I do. I clean and cook for you."

He rolled his eyes. The issue wasn't worth fighting with her over. He knew no matter what he said, she would try to justify it with some excuse, and if he argues with her statement, she would just turn it around on him by saying, "you don't really love me, you are still in love with Audrey." He wasn't still in love with Audrey, or so he thought he wasn't.

"I have to go to the restroom I'll be back." Brian said standing up he made his way to the restroom, walking by a couple he heard a familiar laugh. He stopped walking and saw Audrey.

Here Audrey was at the same restaurant he was at with another guy. A glare came over his face as he made his way back to his seat. Signaling down the waiter, he ordered a double vodka and cranberry along with another rum and coke. The waiter nodded and walked back to the bar to put his order in. Returning a short while later, e set the drinks in front of him and left.

Shauna sipped her drink and raised her brow at him as she watched him slam his vodka and cranberry.

"Feeling guilty about something Brian?" He didn't answer her. Rolling his eyes ,he picked at the piece of bread that sat in front of him.

"You must be feeling guilty by the way you are downing those drinks."

"What? I can't drink?" he asked her smartly.

"I never said that. All I was saying is that ever since I brought up Audrey, your whole attitude for this evening changed. I wanted this to be a happy night." she said her bottom lip quivering.

He rolled his eyes "Yeah this all has to do with Audrey, just like every other issue."

She glared at him. "Excuse me? You’re getting an attitude with me? Brian if you forgot, I'm your girlfriend, not her."

Brian looked at her. "Did I ever say she was?"

"That's not the point. The point is that you shouldn't get so upset over her."

He glared at her. "She is carrying my kids, forgive me for caring."

"You told me you were over that and that you didn't want to have anything to do with-" she stopped. "Wait kids? You told me that she was only having one, now she is having two?"

"Yes, Audrey is having twins. So what?"

"So what? Didn't you think I had a right to know?"

Shaking his head he finished his second drink. "No."

"Once again Brian, I am your girlfriend."

"You may be my girlfriend, but that doesn't mean I have to tell every detail about my personal life."

Shauna glared at him. "I have the right to know that you are going to be taking care of two extra lives."

"You may think you have the right to know, but really you don't." he told her flagging down the waiter.

"Another vodka and cranberry?" he asked.

"Yes, please." Brian said.

"He doesn't need another one, cancel his drink order." she told the waiter. The waiter nodded and crossed the order out.

"Hold up, did you seriously just do that?" Brian asked. "Don't listen to her, I'm paying for the meal and leaving you the tip. So please go get my drink." He told the waiter.

"Yes sir, right away, sir." the waiter said and walked off.

Brian sipped his wine. "Never do that again. You are not my father, you can't tell me what I can and cannot do."

"I think you've had plenty. I don't need you making a even bigger ass of yourself." she said turning to look away from him.

"I'm making an ass out myself, huh?" Brian said his voice getting louder, "I’m not the one making an issue about me not wanting to marry you." he rolled his eyes taking the drink that the waiter had just set down in front of him. "And stop bashing on Audrey all the damn time. I'm glad that Adrianne kicked your ass. You’re a shit talker."

Shauna looked at him wide eyed, she couldn't believe that Brian would say that sort of thing to her. "Why would you say that?" she asked him.

"Sorry, but some days the truth hurts." he told her standing up to leave.

"Where do you think you’re going?" She asked him standing up as well.

"I'm leaving. I need a break from you." he sad walking out of the restaurant, with Shauna close at his heels.

"We are not finished talking Brian!"

He stopped and took out his pack of cigarettes and stuck one between his lips, then lit it. "I think we are."

"No! Why all of the sudden are you acting like this? I have a right to know."

Letting the smoke out of his lungs he rolled his eyes. "See there you go, thinking you have the right to know what goes on in my life. Fuck, you don't have to know every detail."

Shauna glared and stomped her foot. "You should tell me these sort of things! God damn it, Brian! Why do you have to be so god damn childish?"

He laughed while holding his smoke between his lips. "I'm being childish?"

"Yes, Brian, you are being extremely childish, making a huge scene while we are out in public. Just because I asked a few simple questions."

"You know..." he stepped on the butt of the cigarette and stepped up to her. "You are right. I am being childish.” he laughed, "But I'm not going to be embarrassed; you are."

"And why would I be embarrassed? Because I'm being seen out in public with a drunken fool?" Shauna said crossing her arms over her chest.

"No, because this drunken fool is leaving your ass with the check." Brian said and started off, leaving Shauna in front of the Twin Palm alone.

~~~

Audrey noticed a woman storm right pass her to her table. She could have sworn that the woman was Shauna; but there was no way that Brian was here. Turning her head, she looked in the direction the girl was and saw that she was sitting at the table alone. Shauna was hear with out Brian? Was she waiting for Brian, were they having a date here? Or was she waiting on someone else?

"What's up?" Jake asked taking a bite of his food.

"Oh, nothing I just thought I saw someone over there that I knew, but I was mistaken." she said going back to her meal. Audrey couldn't believe that Shauna was here.

Then a while later Shauna stood up and walked past Audrey and Jakes table. She stopped when she heard Audrey's voice talking about Brian. A glare formed on Shauna's face. Audrey was there; that had to be the reason Brian acting the way he was. Standing up, she walked over to Audrey and Jake’s table.

"Audrey." Shauna said sternly, "You and I need to have a little woman to woman talk."

Audrey looked at her and took a drink of her water. "Okay."

"First of all, I don't care if those brats are Brian’s. You need to stay away from my fiancé, do you understand?"

Audrey didn't say anything she just looked at Shauna. "Okay."

"And second of all, don't expect Brian to be in the hospital when you have them either."

Audrey looked at her. "Well you don't make his decisions for him. He's a grown man and if he does decide to be there, then I won't stop him."

"Oh trust me, I know Brian better than you do. He won't be there."

"Then he's not there, I don't really care either way." She said calmly.

"Don't just sit there and act all calm. I know for a fact that you are still in love with him. Well guess what sweetie? He doesn't love you and he never has."

Audrey sighed and set her napkin down. "Alright, listen here. I know you don't like me and I really don't like you either. As much as you wish whatever is going on between Brian and I is your business, it's not. So if you don't mind, lease take your skank ass some where else." Audrey took a sip of her water. "So me and my friend can go back and enjoy our meal." she said turning her attention back to her food
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here you guy go!
Sorry that it took so long to update, I have been writing my updates on my Ipod.
Thank you Krista-Snaps for editing!

Comment and Subscribe!
<3 Calder!