And Then We Will Destroy Our Bodies

11 - eleven

Gerard pressed his mouth against the younger boys lips in an attempt to muffle his own low moans, Frank was too much for him, already they were both shirtless, their hips meeting roughly as they kissed.
Frank feeling slight embarrassment at the things that slipped past his lips…all small encouragements as Gerard’s hands wandered over Frank’s chest and shoulders, pulling away from his lips to breathe. That’s when Frank caught him off guard, his hand moving to between – between… -


Frank woke to the sound of the vacuum cleaner outside his door.

Taking a moment to realize that he had been dreaming he swore to himself as he pulled his covers over his head, he hadn’t even gotten to his favorite part yet…the part where Gerard was leaning over him with his soft hair brushing against Frank’s face, wonder in his eyes as he said “You are so fucking beautiful…”

*Le sigh*

One of these day’s I’ll sleep long enough to have a decent dream! Frank grouched, but only for a moment as he allowed himself to bask in the post-dream euphoria…thankful again for white sheets, depending on how far he took his ‘basking’.

It had been four days since Gerard had given him his number and Frank still hadn’t called yet. He’d thought about it a few times though, but he had also made the mistake of coming down to breakfast the next morning having forgotten the black marker on his arm, which his mother acknowledged with a smile. Before she had done that Frank was on cloud 9, now he was back down at earth.

+
“Frank, do you have a new friend?” She asked amused, much to Frank’s horror as he hunkered down behind his bowl of cereal

“No.” Frank mumbled, instantly sparking his mothers concern

“Oh my God, did someone try and pick you up? Frank, you know how dangerous downtown is, I told you-”

“No, mom, it was just a new guy in the group of friends. We all hung out together and he’s helping me with my English.”

That wasn’t really a lie. His mother looked hesitant to believe it anyways.

Frank didn’t LIE much, he just didn’t tell the whole truth a lot, or when he did he exaggerated mostly, but that’s what you do when your life is full of constant problems.
Frank went back to eating his cheerios.

“Oh…” his mother picked up her coffee, pausing before she took a sip

“So…is he cute?”

“Mom!”

+

The weekend went the same way, different scenario’s but his mother asking questions about this “mystery boy” all the same, after about the 5th time and Frank shutting his bedroom door in her face she dropped the subject, that basically killed the phone idea anyways.

At least for the time being, it wasn’t till Frank was walking out of the Stop & Shop downtown with his mom that he noticed an increasingly familiar figure.

Grocery bags in hand and walking next to his mom Frank spotted Gerard across the street in front of a bakery with a few other guys, from a quick glace he could tell Ray wasn’t among them, you’d have to be pretty blind not to be able to spot that fro.

Gerard actually spotted him before he was able to make a mad dash for the car. To Frank’s horror Gerard waved and turned to his friends a second before making quickly across the street, coffee cup in hand and in all his black clothed glory.

“Shit,” Frank swore under his breath and self-consciously reached up his free hand to run it through his uncombed hair.

Scenes of his earlier dream came back with vivid feeling and Frank tried franticly to push them away, he’d think about that later…in the privacy of his room or/and his bathroom.
His mother looked over at him questioningly but Gerard was in front of him before Frank could explain.

“Frank, Hey, I thought I saw you.” Gerard grinned shifting his coffee from one hand to the other.

awkward

Frank held back the dread he felt of his mothers eyes on them both, but fuck, it’s not like they were kissing or something, no, nothing like that, but an incredibly beautiful guy did just walk up to him and know his name. That was something.

“Hey Gerard,” Frank stuck his free hand in his pocket, “What’s up? Out for coffee?” Frank raised his eyebrows like ‘again?’ and Gerard laughed.

“Yeah, I’m addicted, I’m actually on break though, I have class in a half hour but I get to get off campus for awhile.”

Frank nodded and decided to finally acknowledge his mother “Oh, Gerard, this is my mom,” Frank gave a little inward sigh…the damage was about to be done. He turned to his mother “Mom, this is Gerard, he’s a friend of mine…”

His mother had just got done looking over Gerard in his fitting black jeans and black t-shirt, handgun belt buckle and soft black hair that swept below his ears. Frank couldn’t tell if she was impressed, intrigued, or weirded out, but either way she shook Gerard’s hand when he held it out to her, smiling and maybe just a little weary.

“It’s nice to meet you,” Gerard said with a little too much enthusiasm for Frank taste, “I can see where Frank gets his good looks.”

Frank’s mouth nearly dropped open, What the FUCK did he just say?! and he heard his mother laugh a little.

“It’s nice to meet you too…Frank doesn’t have a lot of friends so I don’t get to meet many of them,” His mother said in a ‘confession’ sort of way.

“Mom,” Frank warned in a quiet mortified whine as Gerard smiled and took a sip of his coffee

“It’s probably because he doesn’t call them.” Gerard said absolutely a matter of factly.

“I was going to!” oddly, Frank wasn’t offended, he even smiled a little.

“Oh okay,” Gerard said as if he believed him, “I gotta run though, so call me soon and we’ll go out or whatever.”

“Yeah, I will.” Frank assured him, surprised at Gerard’s causality, as if they’d been buddies for ages and were just catching up, he wondered if he actually felt that way or if it was just for his mothers benefit. Frank could see that Gerard was definitely one of those boys who just charmed the hell out of your mother and made you look bad without meaning to.

“Okay,” Gerard agreed, turning to Frank’s mom, “It was nice meeting you.” He said politely

Gerard gave Frank a quick wink before he turned and crossed the street to meet back up with his friends. Frank glanced at his mothers bemused face for only a second and didn’t bother to watch Gerard go, making quickly for the car instead.

While his mother started the car Frank took his time putting the groceries in the back, going around to the front he took a breath and hopped into the passenger seat closing the door behind him.

“So.” He started, “Home?”

His mother simply sat staring at him for a moment “You’re going out with him?”

“What?! Obviously not! No, he said ‘go out’ as in hang out, Mom, God! you’re so paranoid.”

“He’s a college student though isn’t he?”

Frank looked out the window…

“Frank?”

“Yes mom, he goes to college! We’re not dating though, we’re not even interested. We’re friends. Besides, how do you know he’s even gay?”

“Is he not?” His mother asked, eyes on the road now as she shifted gears and pulled out of the parking space, a little bit of the tension was relieved by his mother no longer staring at him.

Frank thought a moment, Gerard was gay, but Gerard hadn’t told him that himself, Frank just knew, but he couldn’t tell his mom that.

Frank shrugged and his mother gave him a doubtful look

“What? It’s not like everything is 24/7 sex and gayness with me, mom! When I’m out with friends we just hang out and talk, it’s not like we all sit around fessing up to our sexualities, okay?”

His mother turned a corner, shifting twice and speeding up some, Frank suddenly wished to hell he knew how to drive like that.

“I’m just saying that he’s older, and I can clearly tell that he’s not straight, so I’d like it if you weren’t involved with him.” His mother said calmly “Does he go to GU?”

Frank took a second to compose himself “You’d like what?! You can’t pick my friends mom, I’m not a little kid, okay? I think I know-”

“I meant ‘involved’, Frank, I’m not trying to pick your friends, I’m just-”

“Trying to pick my boyfriends.” Frank finished for her, His mother sighed.

“Why do you automatically assume I want to get in his pants anyways?” Frank insisted

“Do you not?” His mother asked simply, causing Frank to once again pause but answer immediately anyways

“No. I don’t.” Liar Liar, Pant’s On Fire he thought as his mother once again sighed.

“Frank, you’re a young sexually confused boy, and he’s a older, sexually defined guy If that’s not attractive to you then I don’t know what is.”

Frank couldn’t believe what he was hearing,

“Whoa for just a second. How on earth could you possibly know what I find attractive?? And I am not ‘confused’ mom! Is that what you’ve been hoping for?”

“No, you took that the wrong way-”

“I took it like you said it, ‘young sexually confused boy’.”

“What I meant was you’re still figuring yourself out, Frank, you’re 16, you’re still adapting and growing, college kids are closer to the mark, just like you will be when you’re college age. You’ll know more about yourself and your sexuality.”

“You should really go into child psychology mom, you’d be great at it, swear to god,” Frank mumbled, he didn’t appreciate this conversation.

“Frank just listen to me, okay? Don’t get involved with a college guy, any college guy, it’ll only come back to bite you in the ass.” His mother turned the corner onto their street, “That’s basically the bottom line, you’ll be in over your head.”

“I think I’ll be able to manage, mom.” Frank said opening the car door as his mother slowed to a stop in front of their house.

“I’m sure you will, Frank, but you shouldn’t have to.” His mother spoke to almost no one though because Frank had already gotten out of the car and was disappearing up the walkway to the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the horrible lack in updates everyone! I first moved to Vermont where it was horrible and there was no cell phone signal and no internet, but now I am happily relocated back in my home of Nashville ;)

More updates to come, please comment and give me your thoughts!
xoxo!