And Then We Will Destroy Our Bodies

Two and Tears

At 6:45 Franks alarm clock sounded, he had about half an hour to shower and do his hair and eyeliner, and have a chance of getting to school before the bell rang at 7:45. Fuck, middle school was so much easier; class didn’t start till 8:30 then! Pushing back his white sheets he climbed out of bed, Yes, white sheets, laugh at him now but when you jerk off in bed and the stains show up on your oh so cool black and red sheets just how cool are you then? And to add to that how cool are you when your mom knows you were jerking off thinking about guys?

Opening his closet he pulled out a thin black t-shirt and a small pair of jeans with tears at the knees, they fit him tightly, just how he liked. He’d come out to his mom a few weeks ago, and she had flipped. Like really freaked out flipped. After she had calmed down she took him out for ice cream.

“I guess I’ve been blind” she said “What with your eyeliner and your clothes, I should have known”

“Mom!” Frank protested “I don’t dress this way because I like guys! I just dress how I want to!”

His mother just sighed, and brushed his cheek with her hand.

“Either way honey, you look great, and I’m sure you’ll make a great boyfriend one day” Then she pulled her hand away and clasped them in her lap, Frank waited for her to continue

“But till then, I want you to use your head, You’re only 16, I don’t want you having sex and getting hurt, alright?”

Frank nodded

“Okay,” His mom said “I’m not going to make more rules for you, but the rules stay the same as they would if your brought home a girl, bedroom door stays open, clothes stay on-“

“Mom!” Frank said horrified “It’s not like..like”

“Just follow them Frank, please?”

Frank nodded again “Okay, sure.”

His mom smiled, “Okay, and you can talk to me about anything Frankie, I love you”

“I Love you too, mom.”

The only thing his mom had been firm on was to not tell his dad yet.

“ I know it’s your deal but wait a little longer honey, please.” She had said… then there was the major fight and all thoughts of taking a telling his dad went out of his head. His worst fear was that he’d tell him and his dad would be so disgusted with him he wouldn’t take him with him to Florida.

I’m going though Frank thought, Maybe I can tell him on the way or something, maybe I’ll wait till we’re settled in

With that thought in mind he grabbed a pair of checked boxers and his studded belt from his drawer he tossed the pile of clothes on his bed before opening the door to his room and heading across the hall to the bathroom for a shower. The dead silence downstairs made him pause outside the bathroom door and listen. Most mornings there were noises from the downstairs, normal lived in noises like the TV and the vacuum and his dad’s clinking coffee cups. His dad, with a scary thought in his mind he took the stairs two at a time, his pounding heart and thumping footsteps the only noises in the house.

The lights downstairs were still off, but as he reached the kitchen he saw his dad’s coffee cup next to the sink and his already read newspaper on the counter next to it. He left early for work? No, he quit last week, resigned, right after making plans to-

Frank flew to the garage door and flung it open; his dad’s old silver sedan was gone, gone for good?

I don’t know, he might just be out, he wouldn’t leave without me…without saying goodbye Frank told himself, don’t cry, only wimps cry, only pansy’s, man up…

Still he ran back up the stairs with a feeling of dread in his heart.

“Mom? Hey, Mom?” he reached his parents bedroom door and it was only open a crack, he pushed it open a little and looked in, his mother lay sleeping in her bed, his fathers closet open and empty.

“Mom!” he climbed onto his parents’ bed and crawled to the top, feeling shaky and 4 years old again, coming in from a bad dream. When he reached the pillows tears were already clinging to his face, he shook his mother shoulder gently

“Mom…Mom!” his mom turned over, wiping the sleep from her eyes, Frank saw she’d been crying….

“Frank, what time is it, Honey, why aren’t you dressed?” she looked up into her son’s eyes, tears falling from them onto her blanket…

“Mom…where’s Dad?” From the look in his mother’s eyes held he already knew the answer.

“Mom! Where is he!!” he mother reached to brush away the tears on his face but Frank jerked back

“Oh baby,” she looked at him sadly “he left...”

********************************

Standing outside his classroom Frank collected himself, he had torn from the room after his mother tried to break the news to him. He lay in his bed till she came and found him…

“Frank? This was on the fridge, it’s for you”

Frank turned over in his bed, hot from angry and betrayed tears, his sheet over his head in a sad attempt to shut out the world. Frank peeked out from the sheet and took the yellow post it note that his Mother was holding, He read it quickly before crumpling it and tossing it on the floor.

“Fuck him, the bastard.” He said angrily

“Frank-“

“No! We don’t need him mom, we can manage…” he quickly brushed away the tears forming in his eyes since his mother was already crying

“I know we will, Frankie, we’ll be fine,” She pulled her son into a hug “Now you get dressed for school and I’ll drive you.”

Surprisingly, Frank didn’t argue, so his mom left him to get dressed. After pulling on his jeans, shirt, and socks he pulled on his one red converse and hunted around for the other one under his bed. Sitting on the floor he quickly pushed his foot into it and started to lace it when he spotted the small crumpled ball of paper sitting next to him. Frank picked it up and smoothed it over his knee….

Frank,
Maybe next time…
Stay out of trouble.
Dad


Yeah, when you abandon your family a second time, then you’ll take me... Frank thought bitterly nice to now he’s planning a ‘next time’…I’ll miss you too dad

He scuffed the toe of his sneaker on the floor of the hallway, hesitating outside his English class, he’d been spacey all day, even gotten yelled at in history for it. He hadn’t done his homework for Mrs. Kent either, and didn’t know if he could sit through another poetry session…

Frank opened the door to find an empty classroom, and white chalk on the blackboard read “2:15 class held in the theater.”

Fuck, I’m late again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second Chapter! This is kind of just the start of everything,
Comments and critics welcome.

<3