Even If I'm Not Around

Chapter Two.

After spending the rest of the day with Matt and Jimmy, Rhea and I headed home, exhausted from the earlier events of the day. We both hit our beds at the same time, which were across from each other, and fell asleep before even getting under the covers.
I woke up with a yawn and a stretch as always, noticing that I hadn’t really slept in even though it was a Saturday. I knew that Rhea wouldn’t even attempt at waking up until at least 10 am. I looked back at my clock seeing that it said Nine oh’ Ten in bright pink digital numbers. I stretched again and padded my bare feet into the bathroom, looking in the mirror to see myself sporting a bright purple bruise on my cheek. Great. I washed my face gently then applying Smokey eye shadow and concealer over the bruise. I ruffled my hair up and went downstairs, grabbing a pack of strawberry pop tarts out of the box, opening the package and taking a bite off of one. I’ve always thought that warming them up was disgusting. Rhea walked in groggily after I had eaten the first pop tart. She grabbed a blueberry pop tart, half asleep and opened the package, shoving the whole first pop tart into her mouth. I rolled my eyes and finished up my other pop tart. I jumped off of the stool next to the breakfast bar and practically skipped up to me and Rhea’s room. I pulled on a bright purple t-shirt and some skinny jeans with shiny silver ballet flats. Today the guys played their first gig and I was going to be there, no matter what. I grabbed my sidekick, shoving it in my purple tote bag, throwing it over my shoulder and hopping down the stairs two at a time.

“I’m going to help the guys set up!” I yelled out to Rhea, throwing open the door and hearing her mumble an ‘okay’ through her pop tart. I giggled at her mouth-full talking and slammed the door. Our parents were staying the weekend with our aunt and uncle in Nevada, and surprisingly enough, we didn’t have any parties planned. I skipped down to my black mustang and slipped in the drivers seat, starting it and speeding off.
I pulled up to Matt’s house about ten minutes later, locking my car and opening his front door, letting myself in. I was immediately engulfed in half bare and half tattooed arms. I looked up to see Zacky’s jade eyes looking down at me. I rolled my eyes and flinched when he touched my bruise. Matt instantly lurched forward and yanked Zacky off, giving me a slightly gentler hug and a kiss. I sat down next to Jimmy on the couch, Zacky on my other side and Matt sitting in front of my legs on the floor. I ruffled with his slightly short hair while starting a conversation with Jimmy.

“When are we going to start setting up?” I asked Jimmy, still tangling my fingers in Matt’s hair.

“In a few hours.” He responded, groaning at the thought of having to actually do physical work today.

“Your gonna move stuff after that fight?” Matt asked, looking up from in front of me.

“Yeah…Why not?” I responded back to him, earning a shrug from him. I mentally shrugged and continued playing with his hair. I was surprised that some of them were up this early but I guess it was pre-show jitters. I yawned and turned my attention to the TV which was playing MTV. Videos came one after the other and I giggled when a Michael Jackson song came on, all of the boys groaning. I sang along to ‘Billie Jean’ and didn’t even notice Matt get up as he threw me over his shoulder, keeping mind of my arm. I shrieked and kicked around as he chuckled, carrying me up to his room as the other guys turned the channel and laughed at us, staying put. He finally plunked me down on his bed, holding my arms over my head and tickling my sides. I screamed and thrashed around, laughing all the same. He then collapsed on top of me, chuckling at my ticklishness and nuzzling his head in my neck. I tangled my hands in his hair again and tugged a bit.

“Kara?” He mumbled into my neck.
“Yeah?”
“Wanna be my girlfriend?”
“Sure.” I laughed at the simplicity of the conversation we just had. I then jumped off the bed, grabbing his hand and running downstairs. I plopped down on the couch and the guys started a slow-clap. Matt had obviously filled them in on what he was going to ask me, earlier. I rolled my eyes and slapped Jimmy on the shoulder. Rhea then came into the room, still half asleep but fully clothed. I chuckled lightly when I noticed that we had grabbed basically the same shirt, just mine in purple, her’s in green. Together we made the Big Purple Dinosaur we all know and love, Barney. She crossed over me and snuggled up onto Jimmy’s lap. I slapped her again, trying to get her to really wake up, but didn’t succeed. Matt walked back in the room, water bottle in hand and sat down in front of me. I had slipped off my shoes earlier, by the door and now I was resting my feet on Matt’s shoulders, earning a weird look from Zacky. Brian and Johnny were supposed to get here in an half hour, they would fiddle around a little with their music, getting things set for the show and then we would all head out to the venue, getting everything set up and then Rhea and I would do they guys’ hair and makeup, a quick sound check and it was showtime. After some pointless small talk and more talk about the fight, Brian and Johnny busted through the door. Brian was smirking as usual, guitar in hand.
I yawned and Rhea slumped on my shoulder, close to sleep as the guys finished up practicing and started packing things up to take to the venue. By the time the guys finished packing up all their gear, Rhea was wide awake and it was about time to get in the van and head off to the venue. I got in shotgun while Matt was in the driver’s seat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment<33Image