Even If I'm Not Around

Chapter 3.

When we finally reached the venue, I saw a flash of blonde, black, and red hair before I was tackled to the ground by the rest of the guys’ girlfriends. I gasped for air and finally rolled out from underneath the girls. But once I stood up I was grasped tightly in a hug by Brenny, Matt Berry’s girlfriend. I hugged her back then hugged all of the other girls that I hadn’t seen since I left school the day before. All of the girls helped their guys get the equipment out of the van, placing it on the designated space on the stage. Rhea and I messed around on the stage with the microphone and guitar, me singing along to her random notes that she was strumming. When we finished acting silly, all of the guys and their girlfriends were in front of us clapping. I blushed and hopped off the stage, slapping Matt on the shoulder.

The boys had a fifteen minute sound check before we all headed back to our houses to get ready. Bianca and I usually did the guys’ makeup and hair before they had to go on stage, so the guys just lounge around while we got ready. I changed intothis while Rhea changed into this this. I put my headband in my hair, fluffing up the back a little, while Rhea finished straightening hers. We both had pretty simple makeup on, smokey eyes with eyeliner and sheer lip gloss. I grabbed some eyeliner and shoved it in my shorts pocket, for the guys and Rhea and I grabbed our purses, running out the door and over to our car, starting it then heading over to Matts.

Once we finally got to Matt’s house, Rhea and I let ourselves in, waving to everyone sitting around in the living room, waiting on us to get there. It was nearing 4, so we all piled up into the van, and trust me, we piled. People sitting on each others laps everywhere. Jimmy drove us to Chain Reaction, everyone attempting to be the first one to make it out of the smelly van. I lingered behind, getting out when the herd had passed through, hopping out of the van, smoothing my jean shorts. I blew a bubble with my gum and shoved the door of the van closed. I caught up with everyone else backstage and hopped up onto the counter with Bianca, the guys lining up to get their eyeliner done. I did the eyeliner, Bianca did the hair. Matt walked up and stood between my legs and drew his eyeliner on quickly before smudging it with my fingers, I sent him over to Bianca for her to smooth his hair back. One by one, all five guys got ready for the show and got pumped up. Johnny was seeing if he could beat Brian at how many pushups he could do and us girls were just laughing. Finally the owner of Chain Reaction came and told us that it was time for the guys to go on stage. We gave them all kisses and wished them good luck.

*FF to middle of show*
I wanted to get in the actual crowd to see that the view of the band looked like when your not standing on the side of the stage. I wrestled myself through most of the people farthest away from the crowd but when I got to the pit-area, it got a lot more difficult. I tried to make my way around the mosh pit, but the people bouncing off each other was too much. I got pulled into the pit and it all went black.

*Rhea’s POV*
Jimmy finally talked me into not going into the pit tonight. So I stood at the left side of the stage, bopping my head to the music. I scanned the crowd and grinned at the growing mosh pit, before seeing my sister getting pulled into it. My face dropped. I knew she wouldn’t last long in there because even I couldn’t and I was a lot tougher than her. I franticly tapped on Mariah’s shoulder, telling her to get Matt. I scanned my eyes over the crowd again, stopping on a small girl with black hair lying on the ground. Kara.

I freaked out and ran from backstage, shooing people away from her as I crouched down to her unconscious body. I cursed her for being so accident-prone, and fanned at her face before I heard Matt bellowing something and all of the guys dropping their instruments. Matt didn’t use the stairs to the right of the stage, he just jumped right down off the front of the stage, pushing all of the people away from him, barreling through the medium-sized crowd like a bull. I was pulled back by Jimmy as I desperately tried to get my twin to wake up. I swatted at his long arms, angry tears pouring down my face, but it was no use, he was a lot stronger than me. I slumped down in his arms, almost sobbing while Matt and the rest of the guys carried her back to the dressing room, praying for her to wake up. Jimmy also carried me back there and I immediately ran over to my sister when he put me down. When I saw my sister lying on the couch, battered and bruised, more tears fell from my eyes. She had never been this beat up. Matt was fawning over her, worry etched all over his face.

*KARAS POV*
When I finally came to, I was lying on the couch backstage at Chain Reaction, with the guys and the girls fawning over me like I was dead. I rolled my eyes and tried to sit up, but winced and put my fingers to the cut on my forehead. Brenny ran and got the first aid kit from under the counter in the bathroom and quickly bandaged up my cuts, Matt holding me closely to his chest the whole time.