Even If I'm Not Around

Chapter 4.

Time Elapse

We spent the rest of the suspension hanging around at one of the guys’ house. And I was not looking forward to going back to school. One, because I still had bruises all over my face and body. And two, there was still, no doubt, some steam from the fight. After getting dressed and watching Rhea get dressed, we heard a horn honk and we grabbed our bags and booked down the stairs, slamming the door on the way out of the house. We saw Jimmy driving his car, with Matt and Johnny in the back seat. Rhea slipped in the front seat and I sat in the middle of Johnny and Matt. Giving Matt and kiss on the cheek, I set my bag down on the floorboard and Jimmy sped off from my house, on the way to school.

We got out of the car, walking up to the school, seeing Brian and Zacky leaning against the brick wall, cigarettes in hand. They both stubbed them out and threw them to the ground. They sauntered over to us, joining us as we walked through the doors to the school. I had tried to cover up the bruises the best I could, but it was no use. Right when I walked through the doors, there was already whispering. Rhea and I’s lockers were side by side so the guys hung around our lockers before the bell rang. I had just gotten my lock open when Alexia sauntered up with her boyfriend.

“I didn’t think I messed up your face THAT bad…”Alexia said with fake sympathy. Rhea growled and Matt put a comforting arm around my shoulders. Matt also glared at Jared. Jared even had the nerve to eye me up and down, smirking. A low rumble of a growl came out of Matt’s mouth and I placed my hand on his chest, signaling for him to calm down. I didn’t want to start another fight now, because I knew I couldn’t win. The first bell rang and I shut my locker, walking away from them and to class.

Time Elapse

Finally it was lunch time. I took my seat across from Rhea and in between Brian and Matt. I ate some of my lunch wishing everyone would just stop talking about my bruises, it gets really old after a while. The guys were talking about some wrestling match that had been on TV that weekend and Rhea faded in and out in that conversation. The girls talked about how ugly the new guy was and I just sat there listening. Rhea noticed me spacing out and waved her hand in front of my face, getting my attention. She mumbled something about me being A.D.D and turned back to the girls. The bell rang and we all got up, throwing our trash away and exiting the cafeteria.

Time Elapse.

The school day was finally over. I lagged behind the school body, waiting on my sister, who probably got into trouble with one of her teachers again. I finally heard her sneakers smacking against the linoleum floors, running to catch up to me. I smiled and we linked arms, walking out the school, and going over to the wall where all the guys were standing. I hugged Matt then saw a cut on his lip. I frowned.

“How’d you get this?” I Frowned again and touched it softly, making him wince.

“Uh, I was messin’ around with the guys…” He responded shakily. I raised my eyebrow and walked down the line of guys.

“Then which one of you did it?” I questioned them. They all stuttered something and I went back over to Matt and placed my hands on either side of his face and looked at him.

“Matthew…tell me now or I will walk away from you and walk home.” I told him seriously. Messing around with the guys had never given one of my boys a busted lip. He looked away from me but I made him make eye contact again. He sighed and finally answered.

“Jared…” I closed my eyes and breathed slowly, trying to calm myself down.

“And WHY did he do this?” I questioned back at him.

“Because he said something about you to one of his buddies and I heard it so I hit him…” I closed my eyes again.

“Well did you get caught?”

“No, it was in the bathroom. But wait, your not mad?”

“No, but I would be if you got suspended for another fight. Ugh when is this gonna end?” I groaned. Matt wrapped his arms around me and I sighed into his chest. I had a feeling the guys and girls had scattered off to their cars, Rhea and Jimmy riding with Brian and Zacky, because it was pretty quiet. Matt waited a minute before he started talking again.

“How bout this, we can go back to my place, clean my lip up, and watch a movie, okay?” I nodded into his chest and we walked to Jimmy’s car.

“But I need to grab some pajamas, so can we swing by mine to get them?” He nodded and started the car. After a 5 minute drive, we finally reached my house. I hopped out of his car, him locking the car and following me inside. When I opened the front door, I saw all of the guys, Bianca, Mariah, Brenny, Rhea, and sitting around our living room. I saw them watching Sweet 16 and rolled my eyes, then running up the stairs. I grabbed some pjs from my drawer and shoved them into my oversized purse. I ran back down the stairs, waving goodbye to everyone and pulling Matt out of the door and down to my car. WE got in and I let Matt drive, leaving Jimmy’s car at my house.

NEXT DAY.
Time Elapse.

I was glad that another day of school was out of the way. My bruises were fading and I was pretty excited about that. I had to stay after school to finish up an Algebra test. Matt insisted on staying and waiting for me but I made him go to band practice. I pecked his lips and sent him on his way.

I was finished with the test about 15 minutes latera nd I was grabbing my bags and started walking down to my car. I unlocked the door and a strong pain went through the back of my head and knocked me out.

Matt’s POV.

I was starting to get worried. Kara usually would have come to my garage by now. A test wouldn’t take an hour and a half to take. Rhea was on the couch watching us and she also had a worried look on her face and I stopped singing, suggesting that we should go to the school. I jumped in the car with Jimmy and Rhea, the other guys in the other cars, and headed off towards the school.

When we got there we noticed Kara’s car, but the door was open. I ran over to it, and saw most of her stuff scattered around on the ground. I franticly looked around the parking lot for her and yelled for the other guys. I knew who did this.

Kara’s POV.
When I finally woke up, I tried to sit up but there was ropes restricting my arms and legs. I looked around the dark room, only identifying that it was an old warehouse. When I started trying to get out of the ropes, a group of guys, as I recognized as Jared and his friends. I whimpered and tried to scoot back up against the wall, noticing the long chain in Jared’s hands. He walked closer, coming down to my level and slapping me hard against the face. I cried out and tried to scoot more back, but couldn’t because I was already up against the wall. I could see a square bulge in his jeans pocket and he pulled it out. My phone. He flicked through the contacts, stopping on one and putting it on speaker as one of his friends put tape over my mouth. When I heard the voice, I tried to scream, but it came out muffled. Matt.

Matt’s POV.
My phone started ringing and I looked down at the caller ID. KARA. My heart started beating insanely against my chest and I quickly answered it, hearing a sinister voice.

“Why hello Shads, how are you today?”

“How do you think I am?” I spat into the phone.

“Eh, not so good? But I have your little girly here and she doesn’t look that good either.” Jared said before a loud smack echoed through the phone and I heard a muffled cry.

“Don’t touch her!” I growled to him.

“Too late for that. But I’ll tell you what. Since I like small girls, you can either get her to give herself to me willingly and I give her back to you slightly harmed or I get it my way and I leave her in pain, on the street. It’s your choice.” I growled at him, my heart breaking for my Kara.

“I’ll convince her, just please don’t be rough.” I winced at my own words which I had spoken very shakily. I heard some shuffling then a rip followed by a whimper and finally my baby-girl’s voice.

“Matty?” She whispered hoarsely.

“Yeah, baby girl, it’s me. Listen I had to make a deal with Jared so you can get out of there. I know you don’t wanna do it and, god knows I don’t want you to do it but you have to if you wanna get out safely.” I gulped before continuing, “He’s gonna…try some stuff on you and I want you go along with it. Either way he’s going to get what he wants. So please, baby, do what he says so you can get out of there alive.” I took a deep breath and heard her fragile voice again.

“Only because I want to see you again.” She let out a sob and I felt warm tears of my own start going down my face. I heard the phone being shuffled again then Jared got back on the phone. I could practically hear the smirk on his face.

“Ahh, I see things aren’t gonna got he hard way after all. Well Matty, off to have some fun!” Jared said before hanging up. I slammed my phone down on the coffee table and put my head in my hands, crying softly into them. I heard footsteps then I felt a hand rubbing my back; asking me what happened.

“He has her man, and I just gave him permission to rape her.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a long one, so expect at LEAST 2 comments, if i dont get em, no more story.