Even If I'm Not Around

Chapter 5

“You what?!” Jimmy yelled.

“It was the only way to get her out safely! If I didn’t do that, than he would have raped her and left her on the street!” I bellowed, standing up and knocking things off of the table.

“I’m sorry man…”

“God…this is all my fault, I should have stayed with her!” I sat back down and put my head in my hands. I calmed down and looked over at him.

“Where’s Rhea?” I asked.

“I finally got her to sleep. She cried herself to sleep, too. I didn’t want to see her cry, but I know she didn’t want me to leave…I’ve never seen her like this… We need to get Kara back, man.”

“He said he’d give her back,” I gulped, “When he was done with her. Dude I had to talk her into letting him rape her…Definitely the hardest thing I’ve ever done.” I mumbled into my hands. Jimmy just shook his head. Johnny walked into the room.

“So what are we gonna do to get revenge?”

“Well I know we’re not just gonna start another little brawl. I mean not only did he kidnap my girl, but he’s probably raping her as we speak! And I don’t think Rev’s too happy about what this is putting Rhea through either.”

“Yes! Do I get to use the brass knuckles this time?” Zacky yelled.

“Uh, sure…” I responded.

KARA’S POV.

After Jared got off the phone with Matt, he walked over to me again. I whimpered and sat there paralyzed while he did what he wanted with me.

When Jared was finished, he put my clothes back on me and I scooted over to the wall, shuddering and hugging myself tightly. One of Jared’s friends came over with the chain, smirking. I whimpered and he swung the chain at me, it coming in contact with my chest. I cried out. Jared then came over with a razorblade in his hand. He leaned down to my level and exposed my shoulder where he proceded to carve a large J into it. I screamed while he was carving it, and louder when he poured alchol on it. I clutched my shoulder when he walked away. Just a little bit longer and Matt will be here. I thought before going unconscious.

When I woke up I groaned and felt pain engulf my whole body. Then I heard loud voices coming towards the room. I tried to get as close to the wall as I could. Then all of the guys and Rhea busted through the door. When she saw me she ran over to me, engulfing me in a hug. I whimpered from the pain then hugged her back. She had tears running down her face. She helped me get up and walk over to Matt, who picked me up and settled me in his arms. I snuggled into his chest and cried. All of this stuff always happens to me. Everyone was quiet on our way out the door except for when we passed Jared, when Matt growled some words through his gritted teeth.

“This isn’t over.” Then we all left the building, climbing into the guys’ van. Jimmy drove with Johnny in the passenger seat, me in between Rhea and Matt, my head in Matt’s lap, and Brian and Zacky in the very back. Brian and Zacky have a house together without their parents so we decided to go there. When we got to the house, Matt picked me up again and brought me inside as Brian ran in front of us and opened the door. He took me upstairs and helped me get into some other clothes, almost crying when he saw the bruises on my thighs and the J on my shoulder.

“He’s gonna pay for this, I swear…” He growled.

“Don’t worry about him right now, I just wanna be with you.” I responded, tracing his tattoos lightly.

MATT’S POV.

I had finally gotten Kara to sleep. Now I was trying to get out of the bed without waking her. I went down stairs and sat next to Jimmy on the couch. I ran my hands over my face and sighed.

“Guys, we gotta get him back for this…he even branded her and the bruises on her thighs are unbelief” I stopped midsentence when I heard Kara screaming. I jumped over the back of the couch and ran up the stairs. I threw open the door to the guest room and saw Kara sitting up in bed, shaking and sweat pouring down her forehead. I ran over to her and pulled her into my chest, rocking her gently. She started sobbing quietly and finally formed words.

“I-I had a dream, that he got me again and then I woke up and you weren’t there!” She buried her head into my chest.

“It’s okay baby girl, he’ll never get you again, I promise.” I ran my fingers through her hair lightly and finally got her back to sleep. But this time I went to sleep too.

KARA’S POV.

When I woke up, I just saw darkness and pulled away from the pillows and saw that I was alone. I put on one of Matt’s hooded and went downstairs quietly. When I got there I saw all the guys and girls spread out throughout the living room. When I took a seat next to Matt, he put his arm around me and started talking.

“Okay guys, there is no way we are letting something like this happen again, to any of our girls. So from now one NONE of them will be alone at any time.” He said I sighed, gah, they were already really overprotective, now we get NO time alone. Jimmy spoke this time.

“I’m sorry girls but this is the only way to make sure it doesn’t happen again.” All of the girls just sighed. I kissed Matt’s cheek and snuggled back up to him. When I opened my eyes, I saw a frown on all of the faces in the room. I looked over and saw that Matt’s hoodie had fallen down off my shoulder and the J was showing. I quickly covered it back up and hid my face again. I didn’t want them to feel sorry for me. That just made the memories come back faster. And I knew that Matt blamed himself. But what happened was nobody’s fault, nobody but Jared.