Take It Like A Man

Chapter Tweleve

Image
Banner by: Happylaune.

Being on the set of the video was more hectic than I had imagined. Working as a model I knew what it was like “behind the scenes.” Makeup artists, hair stylists, camera crew, the photographers! However this was a video shoot, not a photo shoot, and it was way more difficult to maneuver around. People were screaming in panic, as something was missing or wrong… I hadn’t even seen Kevin, Joe, or Nick for hours; I was getting dolled up for that long.

The fashion stylists had me dressed in a black and gold nude vintage dress. It was extremely ravishing, showing off my curves rather nicely. They had adorned me with tiny black heels that had a pointed to that matched, which made me size five feet seem adorable (at least that’s what the makeup stylist, Georgie, said). The basic set for the video was at a ball, so the dress was indeed relevant.

Twirling in front of the full-length mirror once I was completely finished I was stunned at my reflection. Maybe it was the dress, I liked it so much, but I felt that this was the best I’d looked for any shoot ever. Everything else was basically the same. My hair was left untouched, my natural curls coming down in big loopy ringlets while my make up was done with all natural shades.

“Wow, you look beautiful!”

Turning sharply I smiled up at Nick, I was surprised that he had snuck into my dressing area. I figured Joe or Kevin would be trying to get a sneak peak first. “Thank you Nick, you look handsome yourself. I like your golden shoes.”

He glanced down at his feet, “These are not as cool as my red ones.”

“True,” chuckling I glided over to him careful not to trip over the wires on the ground. “So I saw Ms. Gomez on the set this morning…” Nick blushed crimson. “… I also so that very romantic kiss.”

Nick stayed silent and I laughed good-naturedly, “You both are too cute together. Marry her.”

“I’m fifteen…” Nick stated in mock fear. “I highly doubt I’m ready for marriage.”

“What? Your birthdays in a few days. Stop complaining. Marry her already… you only have so long to live!”

“Whatever you say Beth,” he rolled his russet eyes. They were the same color as Joe’s, those eyes made me melt. Well… not Nick’s, Joe’s. “Um, actually I came here for a reason-“

“I knew it!” I cut him off short with a smirk. Nick, again, rolled his eyes at my knowing exclamation.

“- I was supposed to bring you on the set. We are going to start shooting in a few minutes.”

“Code for twenty four billion more hours.”

Shrugging his shoulders he chuckled out, “Yeah. Something like that.”

“Then I shouldn’t keep them waiting.”

I started walking towards the door, but Nick stood firmly in my path. Cocking an eyebrow I stared at him in confusion, “Are you and my brother dating?” Oh, you’re probably wondering why this question came up. After Joe and my little “get together” the other night we had both decided to keep our relationship on the down low. For one I was not into the entire paparazzi ‘you’re dating a Jonas!’ thing. Nor was I interested in big commotions.

“Why would you ask that?” I questioned pretending not understand why on earth Nick would suggest such an obvious fact. Even if Joe and I were keeping it quiet didn’t mean we weren’t showing our relationship off. No, we didn’t kiss, hug, or hold hands in anyone’s eyes. But we did talk extremely lovey dovey. And I think it was a dead give away when Kevin caught Joe sleeping in my bedroom…

Nick shrugged his shoulders sarcastically at my question, “I don’t know? Maybe all the ‘I love you’s and the staring into each other’s romantically… they are so outstandingly done it is hard not to see. I am just wondering why you two are keeping it a secret. Do you think we are going to tease you or something?”

I sigh, “We are only keeping it a secret because I don’t want the paparazzi involved in Aoife’s life.”

“That’ll be near impossible if you’re dating Joe…” muttered Nick under his breath. It was more to himself, but I heard him loud and clear.

“I really care about him.”

The teenager rolled his eyes, “Once again I shall say ‘like that wasn’t obvious.’”

“Shut up,” I shoved him playfully. He stared at me for a moment, which formed a crease in his thin eyebrows. “I love you kid. Let’s go onto the set.”

“Yeah… love you too…”

Smiling I hugged him tightly. I’d never had a great family bond and Nick made me feel as if I was an older sister. Something I always wanted to be.

“Come on Bethyyyyy. You need to be a star!”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the worst update ever.