Take It Like A Man

Chapter Fourteen

"Rolling," the director shouted so everyone on the set could hear. Silence followed as he started shouting the footage. His fingers went up as he silently mouthed, 'One, two, three, action'.

Currently Joe and I were filming the dramatic kissing scene I had bitched about previously. It was extremely awkward, like I had expected. Kevin and Nick were silently laughing in the back next to the camera making kissing faces at one another while about fifty people stared at Joe and I.

He grabbed me hard around the waist and drew me into his chest forcefully; there was a loud smack as he did so. If I wasn't so preoccupied with the fact that were more than enough people watching me I would have screamed 'ouch' or smacked Joe in the face. Either or.

Joe cracked a small grin, but instantly composed himself. You could barley tell he did it, it happened so fast.

His eyes were open as he leaned his head down, and down, and down, and down –remember I'm 4'11- until he was a centimeter away from my lips.

"I love you," his words were meant for the script, but him and I both knew they meant something real for him and I. His lips connected with mine in a soft kiss that quickly became heated. The both of us were supposed to stop when the director yelled "cut," which he did four times before giving up, Joe and I continued to lock lips until we heard his brothers whistling.

"So much for secret relationships," called Nick as he high-fived Kevin. I did not see how Joe and I kissing was a high-five hooting matter, but it was that way to them as they started dancing around and screaming odd random words. For example: yes! Ah! Dude! Baby! Kiss me!

Oddballs.

The shouting for the music video last several more hours before everything for that day was complete. We would only need to come back the day after to finish up any remaining scenes. That left me a week to spend all my free time with the boys and my daughter.

Arriving back at the Jonas house within an hour after leaving our set we all silently moved along our ways. Nick instantly went into Frankie and his bedroom and fell asleep while Kevin and Joe stumbled into theirs. Mary already had fallen asleep on the couch downstairs watching television while babysitting Frankie and Aoife. Frankie had previously been taken upstairs to bed by Nick, who effortlessly carried him like he was a feather, so that left my sleeping baby girl.

Aoife was curled up in a tiny ball holding her Joe Jonas pillow, which she refused to leave back at the house when we were packing our trip. She cuddled it like a teddy bear. Heaving a large puff of air I slipped my arms underneath my daughter and lifted her up. She wasn't even that heaving; I just had weak arms.

With all my strength I carried her all the way upstairs into my guest bedroom and placed Aoife in the little crib/baby bed. Whatever you call it. She had not woken when I laid her down and covered her with the tiny white quilt, which I was more than grateful for.

Walking over to my luggage I rummaged throughout the ones that held my pajamas and quickly slipped on a pair of gray baggy sweats and a large forest green shirt with my old High Schools name written across the front. I ran a brush threw my hair really fast before jumping into the warm bed and pulling the covers over my head.

Just as I was falling asleep Joe decided to grace me with his presence. He entered the room, the door creaked loudly as he opened it, and quickly shut the door, causing a louder creak. He paused nervously in the doorway to wait for my approval of him joining me in the bed. I patted the empty spot next to me and not even a milli-second later he was under the covers with his arm wrapped snuggly around my waist.

"I missed you," he kissed my forehead. I caught a whiff of his minty fresh breath and cursed myself for forgetting to brush my teeth.

"Me too," I kissed his cheek before pulling back the covers. "I need to go brush my teeth really fast. Make yourself comfortable."

Leaving the room I urgently brushed my teeth in the nearest bathroom. I scrubbed making my breath decent. If Joe and I were about to be swapping any form of anything I'd like to have my breath smell good. We wouldn't want Joe's gag reflexes kicking in.

I leaned against the door as I shut it behind me. I glanced at the bed and noted Joe wasn't lying down anymore. Shifting my eyes to the right I noticed he was leaning over Aoife with a cheesy smile on his face. He pointed at her pillow before chuckling.

"Bed time," I smiled sleepily before grabbing his hand and dragging him back into the confines of the quilts. When we were both snug I kissed his neck, which happened to be the only bare area on his body within reach that I could kiss at the moment. His chin was rested on top of my head, so it would be far fetched to say I'd be able to kiss his cheek when it was above me.

"It's nice that Kevin and Nick know. Less awkward," I mumbled into his black shirt that covered his chest. "We could kiss whenever we wish now."

Joe started rubbing circles up and down my arm as he leaned back so that we were both now eye to eye, "I love you already."

"I know," chuckling I leaned my head closer to his. "You tell me everyday Joe."

"You should know everyday. That's why I tell you."
♠ ♠ ♠
WARNING. Two more chapters and the story is finished.
But... there's a twist.
If you want to know what the twist is...
you'll have to wait for the last chapter.
And if you want to be up to date with this twist I suggest you IMMEDIATLEY start reading Wishing Dust because you will understand more of what I mean when I tell you what the twist is.