Take It Like A Man

Chapter Fifteen

From the very start I knew that we would never last. We were both too young and naïve. Everything happened fast; the two of us never had time to work out the kinks. I think everyone knew Joe and I were never going to work out. My week was up at the Jonas household and I was on a flight back to Chicago, Illinois. And I was leaving my only weakness behind.

Aoife held onto my hand as Mary and I exited the plane. The three of us fished our way throughout the crowd of people in a hurry to exit the terminal. When we reached the baggage claim I am pretty sure the three of us sat there for an hour before we could claim are overly sized luggages.

After an exhausting amount of time we finally reached our destination. My empty humble adobe. It was lifeless compared to the Jonas "mansion." Unlocking the front door I swung it open to be hit in the face with loneliness and the smell of fabric softener.

"I am going to put Aoife to bed," whispered Mary as she was holding onto my sleeping baby for dear life. Nodding my head I dropped my black tote bag onto the caramel colored coffee table hearing a clunk. The clunk reminded me of the emptiness that filled my heart.

"I must be emo…" I muttered to myself in sarcasm.

Mary re-entered the room with a grin, "What was that?"

"I'm breaking up with Joe."

Turning my head away at an enormously fast rate I walked out the front door and darted to my car. As I opened the trunk I heard Mary run out of the house after me. Tossing our luggage onto the gravel bellow my feet I could feel the daggers she was burning into the back of my curly hair.

"What are you talking about? You can't break up with Joe," she shrieked in fear. I think she was more upset about this than I was. "You two are perfect for each other."

I slammed the trunk shut with such force it caused her to jump backwards in fright, "I can't handle a relationship right now. Maybe when Aoife's older."

"You damn well know you can handle Joe."

"Who's dating him? You or me? I think I know what I can fucking handle Mary. And damnit I can't handle Joe," I yelped as I grabbed the handle onto one of our suitcases and dragged it into the house. I tossed it onto the wooden floor in the living room before exiting the house once again to see Mary rolling another suitcase into the house. She rolled her eyes at me as I passed.

"I think you're completely idiotic if you break up with Joe."

I huffed, "Well I think you're an idiot in general."

Walking past her I took hold of another suitcase and rolled it into the house. As we passed once again she opened her mouth, "As your best friend I can honestly say if you break up with Joe it will be the worst mistake of your life."

"As your best friend I am going to be blunt and tell you to shut the fuck up."

Shaking her head she put her hand on my shoulder and I shrugged it off angrily as I placed the bags on the ground.

"You can't run from love forever," Mary muttered with a small frown on her rosy lips.

"Try and stop me."
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys are going to kill me.