Take It Like A Man

Chapter Three

A jump on my bed instantly woke me from my sleep. Rubbing the sand particles from the corners of my honey eyes I was immediately graced with the presence of my beautiful daughter. She was holding a pink princess bear that we had built at Build A Bear a few months earlier. Smiling softly I sat up and held out my arms, Aoife instantly hopped over into them tackling me down onto my back. We both laughed obnoxiously as I tickled her tiny stomach.

“No mommy no!” She attempted to block her stomach so I removed my hands from her tummy and lifted her up from my on top of my stomach and positioned her so that she was lying beside me. Aoife smiled at me as I slid my hand across her cheek analyzing her adorable features. She was so beautiful. Playfully I ruffled her hair sending her into another fit of giggles.

Glancing over at the gray clock that adorned my peach walls I noted that I would soon have to leave for work. Sliding out of the bed I walked over to my closet, Aoife tagging behind me, and searched for something to wear. I picked out a pair of deep blue skinny jeans while Aoife tugged off a light blue polo from a hanger and handed it to me. I grabbed my light blue converse to match. Quickly I swapped clothing, guiding Aoife out of the medium sized closet.

“Piggy tails,” Aoife grumbled at me as I stood in front of the bathroom mirror and brushed my auburn hair. I raised my eyebrows and gave my daughter a questionable look as she chuckled up at me. “You look pwetty in piggy tails.”

“Thank you sweetie, but mommy needs to leave her hair down so the stylist can do whatever they want with it.”

“Pictures?” Nodding my head I confirmed what job I would be going to today. Aoife referred to as my modeling career as pictures and my job at the store as clothes. I picked up Aoife and sat her on the edge of the pearl sink. I pulled her hair back into two pigtails and snapped them in place with two adorable Minnie Mouse clips.

Aoife stared at herself in the mirror and pretended to pat down the ‘frizz’ from her hair. She picked up one of my blush brushes and dabbed at her cheeks as she had watched me do this countless of times. Casually, my daughter picked up a conversation with me, “What pictures?”

“Today’s theme for mommy is dresses,” I informed her with a grin. Today I was extremely excited for what I would be wearing. My ‘boss’ had briefed me of the few clothing lines that would be featured and even gave me a few dresses that I would most likely be wearing.

“Mommy, phone.”

Pausing I stared at my daughter who hoped down from the counter and darted off into the other room. Slowly I followed her out, but instead of going into my bedroom where I knew my phone resided I entered the kitchen opening the fridge to see what I could make my daughter for breakfast. There were many different foods, but Aoife tended to be excruciatingly picky when it came to food.

Aoife entered the room swinging the phone around in her small hand. She gave it to me and I looked at the small screen and noticed it was a text. “What do you want to eat Baby?” I questioned as I flipped open the phone and read the words with a smile.

I was thinking bout Aoife & u all night! I wanted 2 say good morning. - Kevin

“Pasta.”

Hitting the reply button on my phone I paused to give Aoife an incredulously look, but she bore a large smile. She shuffled over to the cabinets and took out noodles and placed them on the table. I texted Kevin back as I took out a pot and boiled water, That’s so sweet! Good morning as well. I placed my phone on the counter and searched through the rest of the cabinets for some tomato sauce. Taking it out I placed it on the counter next to my phone, which had started to sing Miley Cyrus’s ‘Seven Things.’

We are heading out of Il 2day. I am going 2 steal Aoife & u and take u on tour w/ us. How does that sound?

Biting my lip I stared at the words while looking over at my daughter who had retrieved the pink princess bear from my room and was now dancing with her across the kitchen. She was humming ‘Seven Things’ to herself and attempted to sing the words, but it ended up coming out as gibberish. Walking over to the boiling water I placed the noodles into the water.

“Even dings I like bout youuuuuuuu!” Aoife ran over to me and hugged my leg tightly jumping up and down as she held me. Bending down I picked her up and spun her around as the two of us danced to non-existent music. “Sing mommy sing!”

Laughing I belted out the only line I knew of the song, “The seven things I like about you! Your hair, your eyes, your old Levis! When we kiss I’m hypnotized-“ and just as I was about to go into a hard core head banging break down the doorbell rang. I put Aoife down on the floor and took hold of my cell phone and finally texted Kevin back, That sounds extremely tempting, but sadly I have to go to work today. Plus, I’m not entirely sure your mother would appreciate me sharing a tour bus with her sons.

Opening the front door I was not surprised to see my friend Mary at the door holding Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream, a bag of her clothes, and sunglasses. I stepped back to let her inside. Aoife squealed as she ran over to Mary who enveloped her in a huge hug and spun her around in circles a few times. My cell phone began to sing once more and I flicked it open quickly.

My mom loves u she wont stop talking bout how beautiful u r. I’m positive she wld’t mind.

Rolling my eyes down at the words, I noticed Mary raising an eyebrow, “Are you texting? Since when do you text?”

“Since I met the Jonas Brothers.”

“Oh. My. God.” Was all she said before tearing the phone from my hands and reading the text Kevin had sent me. “Dude… I am so jealous of you right now.”

Taking the phone back I typed a quick reply as I questioned the blonde bombshell in front of me, “Why?”

“If the Jonas Brothers texted me I’d probably die of happiness. And here you are all calm and content as one of them is flamboyantly hitting on you,” she screeched in excitement, hopping up and down, twirling, and finally dancing. Not even a minute after I sent the text did I get one back.

Kevin’s sitting next to me and I noticed he was texting u. So I decided I wanted to text u 2. - Joe

“He is not hitting on me. We are just really cool with each other and his mother happens to find me beautiful…”

“How lucky are you? You already have their mothers approval,” Mary left me standing in the living room as she went to place the ice cream in the fridge. “I think your pasta is done.”

My phone, once again, began to sing Miley Cyrus as I entered the kitchen. Instead of answering the text right away I bent down and grabbed a drained from one of the kitchen drawers and headed over to the sink. Mary helped by putting on oven mittens and picking up the boiling pasta and dumping it into the drained. Just as we were pouring the sauce over the noodles my phone went off again, signaling I received another text.

Dancing her way into the kitchen, Aoife shook her but around as she glided with the teddy bear. Mary and myself laughed as she stomped her foot aggressively when the phone stopped singing, “You’re getting a lot of texts today.”

“Joe and Kevin are texting me,” I stated flatly as a smirk appeared on her face. “I’m not interested in either of the boys so shut up.”

“Aoife do you think mommy loves someone?” Mary picked up my daughter and placed her in the chair at the kitchen table. I rolled my eyes for the second time this morning as I reached into the fridge and took out the butter. Taking a spoon I scooped up two huge dollops and dumped them into the pasta, “Ewe” Mary grunted as she watched me do this.

“I happen to love butter… and Aoife does too. So be quiet,” I defended my eating habits as I took out three bowls and dumped pasta in all the bowls. Mary grabbed two and put one in front of Aoife and another in front of herself at the table. I grasped mine and three forks before sitting at the table. Handing out the forks I smiled as Aoife instantly shoved the food into her mouth.

Mary smiled slyly as she stuck noodles in her mouth, “Going to answer them anytime soon.”

Taking out my phone I read the texts from both boys as I ate my pasta.

I’m still going to kidnap Aoife from u. She is the prettiest baby I’ve ever seen. & I’m sure Tank can keep her company. - Kevin

Smiling I responded simply, Thank you, but I think she might kill you if I’m not there. She’d never leave her Mommy. She loves me too much.

How come u answered Kevin, but u neglect me? It’s because I’m Joe, isn’t it? - Joe

I was cooking Aoife some pasta and I had to feed her. Sorry I couldn’t respond quick enough. Kevin told me you guys are leaving Chicago, where you headed next? Laughing at Joe’s text I sat my phone down. Mary scrunched her nose as she analyzed me with curiosity, “These are the first guys you’ve ever talked to outside of work.”

I shrugged my shoulders, “It’s not like I’m ever going to see them again.”

Standing from the table I stretched my arms, “Well I need to head out to the studio,” I placed a sloppy wet kiss on Aoife’s cheek and waved goodbye to Mary before grabbing my keys and leaving the house. Sighing I got into my convertible and drove off to work. Not expecting at all what was in store for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Disclaimer: I do not own the Jonas Brothers.

Outfits:
The shirt Bethany wears.