Take It Like A Man

Chapter Five

With a bang I entered my small home. The door swung open wildly and I was happy to see Aoife and Mary both on the loveseat; otherwise they possibly would have been smacked in the face if they were anywhere near the oak door. I took a few steps into the living room and kicked the door shut behind myself. Frightened, my daughter and greatest friend sat on the couch staring at me in fear.

I squealed in extreme excitement as I recalled the phone call I had with Joseph Adam Jonas a few moments before, “You will never believe what happened today!”

Mary stood promptly, “What?” Taking the television remote she shut it off in panic to hear my news.

“You remember the Jonas Brothers right?” My friend scoffed, as if she didn’t know who they were. Running over to my daughter I picked her up and swung her around in circles as I continued to squeal. Mary relaxed when she realized my mood was happy, meaning nothing bad happened.

“Well what about them?” Spreading out her hands she raised her shoulders. Mary tended to be tremendously impatient, especially when I was busy spinning in my own personal glory.

Spinning Aoife one last time I set her down on the glass coffee table in front of the couch. “We are going to California!”

“WHAT?”

“Caleefonia?” Aoife questioned raising her eyes to Mary and then mines in confusion. Clearly not wanting an answer she exited the room to most likely play with one of her toys.

Turning to my best friend I held out my arms and jumped on top of her, tackling her onto the couch. Basically straddling her I jumped up and down on her stomach to emphasize my enthusiasm. She just lay underneath me giving a very agitated yet perplexed expression. Pushing me off of her I fell to the floor with a thump, but refused to let the beam escape my lips.

“You still haven’t explained why you are going to California?” Mary stated in exasperation as she took a hand to help me up into a sitting position on the floor. “I’m seriously confused right now.”

Wetting my lips I posed myself so I was facing Mary. I grasped her hands tightly and smiled, “The Jonas Brothers called my boss and arranged for Aoife and me to go down to California for a week when they are off their tour so I can be an extra in their music video!”

“Oh MY-“ before she could finish her sentence she released an obnoxious off-key scream, shaking her head and my hands in excitement. “- AHHH!”

“I know! Do you know what this will do for my modeling career?”

“Dude, seriously. Is that all you are thinking about? Your modeling career? Three super cute boys are paying for you to go spend a week with them in California!” She smacked my forehead, hard. Wincing I punched her in the arm, harder. “Ouch,” she rubbed her arm. Hah. “Beth, you need a reality check or something. Two of those boys are obviously hitting on you! Shouldn’t you be excited? They are rich!”

“I don’t have time to think about two cute boys,” I rolled my eyes, standing up from the couch. I decided it would be best to find my daughter, who I had left unaccompanied long enough. Aoife could be quite rebellious and muster up a lot of trouble when unsupervised. Heading into her bedroom, which was decorated with theme of Hannah Montana (surprise, surprise), I found Aoife hugging her Shane pillow. Yes, my three-year-old daughter had begged me to buy her a Camp Rock pillow with Joe Jonas’s face enlarged immensely so that teenage girls could literally drool all over it.

Aoife held the pillow up when I entered the room, “Daddy.”

“No. That’s Joe Jonas,” I informed her with a smile. She shook her head, scrunching up her face in dislike to my statement. “In a few months you and I are going on vacation to see the Jonas Brothers again.”

I sat down next to her on the floor just as Mary walked into the room and leaned against the doorframe, “I think she wants you to date Joe Jonas.”

“Is it that obvious?” Sarcasm carried out through every syllable. My friend glared and took a seat next to me on the pink carpet. “I don’t think she comprehends Joe is a huge rock star and that him and I could never be together.”

“Why can’t you?”

Blinking dully I responded in irritation, “I am too busy taking care of my daughter to have to worry about a relationship.”

“Well, maybe that’s actually a good thing if you ever… you know… started dating one of the Jonas Brothers. I mean they are always away on tour and you have to worry about taking care of Aoife. You guys will clearly have your space.”

“Stop trying to get me to consider them,” I huffed, crossing my arms.

Mary wiggled her eyebrows, “So you are considering them, huh?”

“Mommy and daddy!” Aoife brought the pillow up to my face and made kissing noises as she squished Joe’s “lips” onto mine. “Yay!”

Irritably, I pushed the pillow lightly away from me. Aoife just giggled in amusement. She took the pillow back and hugged Joe’s face muttering something about ‘daddy’ and ‘mommy.’ Out of the corner of my eye I could see Mary smirking at Aoife’s new favorite pillow.

“Looks like someone wants their mommy to date a certain Jonas?”

“Yeah, yeah,” I swatted my hands around as if it would remove the thought from our brains. Even if I didn’t want to think about my daughter’s constant ramblings about Joe, the idea was still revolving around my thoughts. When we had met it was like we had an obvious connection… Kevin was great too, though. The way he treated Aoife so sweetly, I was speechless at the way he treated her. On the other hand, I highly doubt a ‘relationship’ with either Jonas would work out. If Joe had a crush on me and if Kevin did too I wasn’t about to start any sibling rivalry between the two. It would be nice if none of them were interested in me… but maybe that’s just wishful thinking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Disclaimer: I do not ownt he Jonas Brothers.

Comments! Questions! Concerns! Tell me all about it. I enjoy hearing from you guys.