Take It Like A Man

Chapter Nine

Eating dinner with the Jonas Brother’s had to be the most eventful food dinning experience I have ever had. As soon as we stepped into the tiny burger joint there were hundreds of fans surrounding the building; Big Rob and a few other security guards were guarding the entire premises with watchful eyes. I was simply astonished at how normal these three boys were and there were millions of girls wanting to be with them. To be honest, they were nothing outstandingly special. Of course they are all gorgeous boys! But no offense to them, as a model, I have seen my fair share of beautiful men and the Jonas Brother’s didn’t even compare to half of them. Not that I wasn’t in love with their boyish looks…

Well, after the dinner the six of us decided to head back to their L.A. home. Let me tell you… getting out of anywhere with the Jonas Brother’s was a hell of a lot of trouble. Girls ear piercing screams busted my eardrums (I had to hold my hands over Aoife’s ears as Mary carried her out of the burger joint), there were girls grabbing onto the boys clothing, I even heard some marry me’s out in the crowd, and to my shock girls were crying. Now… I don’t think these boys needed to be cried over. They weren’t that amazing.

I know what you are thinking… hello Jonas Brothers! But remember, I am a teenage mother who has no interest in dating whatsoever. The last boy band I had been interested in was N*SYNC for Pete’s sake! It was as if I was forty living in an eighteen year old’s body.

Upon reaching the beautifully elegant and homey house of the Jonas family we had all taken notice to the fact that their parents were home along with their youngest son. Kevin had enlightened me that his mother found me absolutely astounding for the fact I was raising a child on my own… he even told me that they informed her of how I became pregnant and she had balled her eyes out hearing my story. I was thankful that they had filled her in on what happened to me in the past, I would hate for Denise to think that I was easy or something of the sort. Now on the other hand I had not been graced with presence of Mr. Jonas nor Frankie Jonas, which was nerve racking.

“You get so worked up over little things,” Kevin chuckled as he helped Aoife out of her car seat (luckily their mother had kept Frankie’s car seat or else I would have been out of luck!). “Just breathe. My mother loves you. Joe loves you. Nick loves you. I love you. I don’t see how my eight-year-old brother and father cannot love you. You are amazing Beth.”

Sighing I explicated in defeat, “But Kevin… I hate confrontation…”

“Beth, you’re a model. You pose for pictures all the time; you have to meet millions of people at those lame parties. No offense… how could you be afraid of my dad?”

“He’s going to hate me!” Exclaiming overdramatically I wrapped my arms around the side of Kevin’s waist and laid my head on his shoulder. Looking up at him I gave him a pouted glare, “Just watch. He’ll shun me from you boys.”

“He’s not going to shun you Bethie,” yelped Joe, appearing from behind the car. An odd expression passed his face as he saw my hands around Kevin’s waist. With a huff he took hold of my arms and wrapped them around his waist instead, “Cuddle with me! Not Kevin. You don’t know where he’s been… he travels through sewers at night when everyone’s sleeping. I caught him once.”

Kevin cocked an eyebrow, “Sure I do Joe.” Shaking his head he started walking towards the front door, which was wide open revealing a very excited Denise. “Mom! Look! I stole this baby, can I keep her?” I watched as Kevin hoped over to his mom who began to coo over my daughter’s adorable features.

“Hey Beth…” Turning to face Joe, I took in how close the two of us were together; my arms were wrapped around his waist and his arm draped over my shoulder leaving the both of us a few inches apart.

“Yeah Joe?” My voice seemed small and weak. I didn’t like that. I felt vulnerable around Joe, like he knew all my secrets.

Joe glanced over at Kevin before returning to my face and holding me in a deep gaze, “Do you like Kevin? Like more than a friend?”

“No,” I scrunched my face together hoping this emphasized my point. Although, it was obvious by the expression Joe gave me that he was very doubtful that would I had said was true. “Really Joe. I just admire how well he treats Aoife… she’s never had a father figure or anything in her life before… and Kevin is just so wonderful with her.”

“You’re not going to like fall in love with him are you?”

I snorted at the thought, “Joe where are all these questions coming from?”

“I was thinking of Jerry Maguire. You know how Tom Cruise fell in love with that ladies kid and she fell in love with Tom because he was in love with her kid… you’re not going to fall in love with Kevin because he loves your kid right?” I shook my head ‘no’ in amusement. Secretly it was plain to see Joe was as jealous as he could ever be at his older brother, but I was just going to overlook this and pretend I didn’t know what he was implying.

“I’m going to fall in love with whoever I fall in love with. I mean the guy has to love my kid or I wouldn’t give him a second glance-“

“-I love Aoife,” Joe cut in with an adorable smile. “I really do! She’s so cute and adorable. She’s fun to play with! And she has a pillow with my face on it.”

“Joe…” I wasn’t exactly sure how to respond to him. To be frank, he was being a little too forward with me. This was only are second time meeting in person and he was entailing that he was in love with me? Or something along those lines…

“Bethany come here!”

Saved by Nick Jonas once again… or is this the first time? Who knows? All I know is that I quickly flew out of Joe’s grasps and darted over to Nick. This was going to be a long two weeks…
♠ ♠ ♠
Disclaimer: I do not own the Jonas Brothers.