Within the Trees

6.

She was my only visitor the entire week.

I didn't mind the days Carly was at school, for I liked to see these humans being wheeled in. Their medical conditions were intriguing. One man, for example, had swallowed a penny, and it got stuck between his esophagus and stomach. How in the world do you swallow a penny, I thought. Finally, on Friday, the nurse came in with a smile.

"Peter?" her voice was cheerful. "You have a visitor." I glanced at the clock- 12:15. What was Carly doing out of school? It wasn't Carly, in fact, it was a silhouette of a woman with the right amount of curves and looked about 20.

"Hello, Son."

She walked in, looking alarmed. I tried to smile, but the bruise had begun to sting. "Wind, my boy, my precious boy," Mother said, her cool hand went to my warm cheek. She cradled it for a moment before speaking again, her now brilliant blue eyes electric against her pale skin and beach blond hair. "I will heal you. I will pay your fees, and will make it so you are an average 18-year-old boy who had just graduated. In return-"Oh no, here it goes.
"In return, I ask of you to return to the forest every night. No turning back. You have a duty, and you will stick with it." And then, she disappeared as soon as the nurse opened the door. The empty room shocked her. Her brown eyes widened, and her skin went a shade paler than her already dark skin. "Where did-?"

"Oh, you missed my mother. She's quite the dis-appearer!" I smiled, then groaned quietly, thinking about how my plans were ruined.
♠ ♠ ♠
I probably won't update this for a while