Songs Of Us

Love Bug

Joe smiled as his girlfriend slept with her head on his chest and her mouth slightly open.

He still couldn't fathom how Kimi, his best friend, became is girlfriend with no hesitation. He just couldn't wrap his mind around the whole concept. But Joe did know that he became the luckiest guy in the world the day he kissed her.

He was the happiest he'd been in a long time.

"Yo. What's up, Joe?" Nick greeted as he entered the living room.

"You know, chilling with Kimi... My girlfriend," Joe grinned.

Nick rolled his eyes, "We all know you're together, Joe. We're happy for both of you, too, so there's no need to say that all the time."

"But it feels so awesome to say it and know it's really true."

"I know, Joe."

Joe smiled and looked down at Kimi. He ran his fingers through her hair carefully and she cuddled closer to him in her sleep.

"Aw."

Joe lifted his head to see Kevin with a grin on his face.

"What?" Joe questioned.

Kevin shrugged, "You guys just look good together. That's it."

"Oh," he smiled.

"Just think, if you would have told her earlier, all this would have happened a long time ago, Joe," Kevin pointed out.

Joe smiled again, "Yeah. I know."

Called her for the first time yesterday
Finally found the missing part of me
Felt so close but you were far away
Left me without anything to say


Kimi hung around the boys' instruments as she waited for them to get home from an interview. She oddly found comfort just being around their guitars and things when they weren't around. To her, it was like they weren't away, but she only did it when she was completely alone, which she just so happened to be.

Mrs. Jonas and Frankie had left to go shopping while Mr. Jonas went with the boys to their interview. Kimi chose to stay home to give herself a little down time while the whole family was gone.

As Kimi sat staring at some of their guitars, she found one of Kevin's acoustics and she eagerly picked it up. She situated herself on the floor, facing away from the door, and then she began to play one of her songs.

Slowly and quietly, she started singing her lyrics and remembered some of the times Joe helped her out with that song.

She smiled as she sang.

When the song got louder, Kimi rose her voice with it, finally letting herself get into the song. She tuned everything out and closed her eyes.

The final chords eventually played and Kimi smiled to herself as she opened her eyes.

"That was awesome," a familiar voice said behind her.

She jumped up and turned to face the voice.

"Joseph!" she exclaimed, putting down the guitar and poking his chest. "You need to stop scaring me like that!"

He pouted, "But surprising you is so much fun."

"That's because you're doing the surprising, Joe" she pointed out.

Joe just grinned and wrapped his arms around Kimi's shoulders. Kimi smiled back and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"So how was the interview?" she asked.

"It went really well. Nothing unusual was asked, or anything. They did ask about us and the the whole tour you opened with."

Kimi stared at him curiously,"What did they ask? What did you tell them? I won't be followed everywhere I go, will I?"

Joe took an arm off her shoulders and put his index finger to her lips to silence her.

"They only asked if we were still together and I told them we are," he chuckled, "And you do realize that fans follow you everywhere already as it is."

Kimi blushed, "Oh... Okay. I knew that."

Joe laughed and kissed her forehead.

"I love you, my silly Kimi."

She giggled, "And I love you, my silly Joseph."

They laughed at each other and Joe gave her a short kiss before hugging her to himself.

Now I'm speechless
Over the edge I'm just breathless
I never thought that I'd catch this love bug again
Hopeless
Head over heels in the moment
I never thought that I'd get hit by this love bug again


"Hey, Kimi," Kevin greeted.

"Hey," Kimi looked up from her book and smiled.

Kevin sat next to her, "Do you want to come with me to pick up Nick?"

"Sure. Is Joe up yet?"

"Not likely," he laughed. "He doesn't need to be anywhere today, so he won't wake up till lunch."

Kimi smirked, "Not if I can help it."

Kevin chuckled as he watched Kimi head to Joe's room with the smirk still on her face.

She came to Joe's door and slowly opened it to reveal Joe sprawled across his bed.

Kimi giggled quietly before making a running jump onto his bed. She started to jump up and down, trying not to jump on him as each jump made him move.

"Joe! Wake up!" she exclaimed happily.

Joe shot up in his bed, his hair sticking out in every direction, and stared at Kimi in a sleepy shock.

Kimi began to laugh so hard that she fell off the bed, only to laugh harder on the floor.

That made Joe wake up completely as he started laughing with her.

"That was the best wake up call I've ever had," Joe laughed.

"I try my best," Kimi smiled.

She stood up and grinned brightly, "Kevin and I are going to get Nick. You can come if you want."

Joe yawned and smiled cutely at his girlfriend.

"I'll stay here and wait for you to come back," he said.

"Are you sure?"

He nodded and got out of bed.

"I think you should hang out with my brothers today. They don't get to hang around you all the time," Joe replied as he lazily rested his arms on Kimi's shoulders.

Kimi smiled up at him, "Okay. Don't get too lonely while we're gone."

He smiled, "I won't. I promise."

Kimi giggled and wrapped her arms around Joe's middle.

Joe tightened his arms around her shoulders and smiled down at her.

They stared at each other with smiles on their faces until Kevin called up.

"Are you ready, Kimi?"

"Yeah!" she answered.

Joe kissed the top of her head.

"Have fun. I'll be here when you get back," he grinned.

Kimi smiled, "Aye, Cap'n."

Joe quickly kissed her and then he watched her dash out his bedroom door.

He grinned widely.

I can't get your smile out of my mind (I can't get you out of my mind)
I think about your eyes all the time
You're so beautiful but you don't even try (You don't even, don't even try)
Modesty is just so hard to find


Frankie came running to Kimi with a grin on his face.

"Kimi! Joe has a date planned with you!" he exclaimed as Joe followed behind him.

Joe pouted, "I was hoping I could tell her, Frankie."

Kimi giggled and hugged Frankie.

"When were you going to tell her?" Frankie questioned teasingly. "Right before?"

"No..." Joe crossed his arms and turned away.

Kimi's giggles turned into a laugh as she closed the space between her and Joe.

"Joe!" she sang.

"What?"

He still had his face turned away.

"I'll go on that date if you're not embarrassed about asking me," she snickered.

He looked at her with his mouth open in shock.

"I'm not embarrassed," he protested.

Kimi smirked, "Then ask me out on a date."

"Fine. Kimi, will you go on a date with me tomorrow night?"

"I would love to!" she exclaimed and wrapped her arms around him in a hug.

She kissed his cheek quickly, earning gagging noises from Frankie.

"Just wait, kid. You'll be asking for dates before you know it," Kimi teased.

Frankie stuck his tongue out in protest before running off.

Kimi laughed and smiled up at Joe. "So where are we going tomorrow?"

Joe tapped her nose softly, "You'll just have to wait till tomorrow evening, Nosy."

"Aw!" she whined. "I don't want to wait!"

"There's just some things that are worth waiting for," Joe smiled, subconsciously fiddling with the ring on his left hand.

Now I'm speechless
Over the edge I'm just breathless
I never thought that I'd catch this love bug again
Hopeless
Head over heels in the moment
I never thought that I'd get hit by this love bug again


"That was so much fun, Joe," Kimi smiled as they walked to the front door.

Joe chuckled, "I know. I've only heard that a thousand times tonight."

Kimi pouted, making Joe wrap his arm around her shoulders.

"I had fun, too," he whispered before kissing her temple.

Kimi's cheeks flushed as they reached the front door.

Joe stopped and faced Kimi, grabbing her hands in his.

"You have no idea how awesome it is for me knowing that you're not only my best friend, but my girlfriend, too."

Kimi smiled brightly, "I feel the same... Except you're not my girlfriend."

They laughed and slowly their laughter died down to silence. Joe took advantage of the silence and wrapped his arms around Kimi, to bring them closer together.

Joe stared down at her with a small smile on his face while Kimi stared back at him, mesmerized by his face in the soft light.

"I love you," he whispered.

Kimi's stomach flipped knowing he meant something more than the playful I-love-yous they would give each other.

She blushed and gave him a small smile.

"I love you, too," she replied, making his eyes light up brighter than the moon itself.

Joe softly kissed her forehead and then her lips. He placed his forehead against hers and they smiled at each other.

After a few minutes, Joe finally spoke.

"We should go in now," he said quietly.

"Okay," Kimi agreed.

Joe opened the front door as he and Kimi walked in, hand-in hand.

Mrs. Jonas was the first to greet them.

"How was the date?" she asked happily.

Joe and Kimi could only smile at each other.

"That good, huh?" Mrs. Jonas observed. "I'm glad."

Kimi's cheeks continued to color.

"Oh!" Mrs. Jonas remember. "We have some news about the next tour."

Joe grinned, "Sweet."

"Well, get up here and talk to your brothers about it!" Mrs. Jonas ordered as she chuckled.

Joe smiled and turned to Kimi.

"Go ahead and get ready for bed. You don't have to wait for us to finish. I'll come and say goodnight once we're done. Okay?" Joe said sweetly.

"Okay," Kimi nodded with a smile.

Joe kissed her cheek and then ran up the short staircase that lead to the living room. Kimi went down the other small staircase towards her room in the basement.

In a half hour, Kimi was in her pajamas and tucked into bed.

She was staring at her ceiling when Joe hovered over her.

"Hey," he greeted.

"Hi."

Joe sat on the edge of her bed and gently grabbed her hand.

"Tomorrow I want to talk to you about the tour because I think you should know all about it," he said.

"Okay," Kimi smiled up at him. "Thank you."

He smiled as well, "You're welcome."

Joe leaned over and kissed her lips softly. He looked into her eyes with a smile.

"I love you, Kimi."

Kimi had to swallow her stomach and heart before responding.

"I love you, too, Joe."

He kissed her again and then stood up.

"I'll see you in the morning. Goodnight, Kimi."

"Night," Kimi whispered.

Joe smiled to himself as he left her room, shutting off her light in the process.

His life had never been more perfect.

Kissed her for the first time yesterday
Everything I wished that it could be
Suddenly I forgot how to speak
Hopeless, breathless
Baby can't you see?


Kimi was sad. No, she was depressed.

Joe had told her all the dates for the upcoming tour and Kimi realized they would be gone for at least two months. Plus, she found out she wouldn't be able to go with them again. She wasn't happy about staying though Mrs. Jonas and Frankie were staying home, too.

"Hey," Joe greeted softly as he sat beside Kimi on the couch that was downstairs.

"Hi," she whispered sadly.

Joe instantly hugged her and kissed her head.

"I'm really sorry you can't come with us this time. You have no idea how badly I want you with us," he stated.

Kimi sighed, "I know."

Joe looked at her, "Please smile. I don't want to leave and the last thing I see is you're sadness."

She tried to smile for him, but she could only grimace.

He hugged her again, not letting go, and grabbed her right hand in his left.

"I'll call you any chance I get and when we're in town, or close by, I'll get away and come see you," he promised.

"I believe you, Joe."

He kissed her head again, "I'll always be here even if I'm on the other side of the country, Kimi."

Kimi nodded and let her cheek fall against his chest. She started to fiddle with the ring on Joe's hand and she slowly closed her eyes, listening to his breathing and heart beat.

Joe stared down at her while he repeatedly brushed her hair with his right hand. He eventually rested his cheek on her head and closed his eyes, too.

They sat like that for longer than they expected because they started to hear Joe being called to get upstairs.

"Come with me," Joe said as he grabbed her hand and led her upstairs.

Mrs. Jonas smiled sympathetically at Kimi when they entered the living room.

"I'm sorry, Kimi," she apologized. "They'll be back home before you know it."

Kimi nodded slowly while Joe squeezed her hand.

Nick and Kevin walked over and gave her huge hugs.

Kevin told her that they'd call as often as possible while Nick gave her a bunch of encouraging words.

Once they let go of her, Joe hugged her tightly, having a hard time letting go.

"I'm going to miss you the most. You know that, right?" he whispered.

Kimi nodded, noticing the rest of the family heading out the door to give them privacy.

"Yes. I'm going to miss you just as much, too."

Joe put his hands on her shoulders and looked at her with a sad smile.

"Remember, we're not leaving forever. We will be back soon."

"I know," she sighed.

He hugged her again and then grinned.

"I'll let you sleep in my room since I won't be here if that helps."

Kimi let out a small laugh, "That sounds nice."

Joe playfully shook her shoulders slowly with a whiny face.

"You need to smile like that more!" he whined. "Don't wait till now to smile!"

Kimi giggled, "I can't help it. You're making me laugh now."

He stopped shaking her and smiled, "I'm glad."

"Joe!" Mrs. Jonas called from outside.

They both sighed, "Looks like that's my cue."

Kimi nodded and looked down.

Joe lifted her chin up so he could kiss her softly.

Without putting much space between their faces, he smiled.

"I'll let you wear anything that's in my room if you smile for me."

She couldn't help her lips from turning upward in a smile.

He kissed her again, "Honestly, I just wanted you to smile. I doubt there's much left in my room."

Kimi smacked Joe's chest playfully, "What a way to play with a girl's emotions."

"I had to make you smile somehow," he teased.

"Joseph Adam!" Mrs. Jonas called again.

Kimi snickered, "Looks like you're going to be in some trouble if you don't get out there."

Joe smirked, "They'll have to-"

"Joseph!" she called again, sounding very agitated.

"-Not wait," Joe finished, changing his original sentence.

Kimi laughed, "Let's get you out there before you get in some deep trouble."

She grabbed his hand and led him outside where his mom was looking annoyed.

"Sorry, Mom," he apologized before looking at Kimi.

"I'll call you soon, okay?"

"Okay. I'll be by my phone," she smiled slightly.

Joe kissed her quickly before getting on the running bus.

Not even a minute later, Kimi's phone vibrated. Joe had sent her a text already.

I miss you already

She smiled at the bus at is slowly pulled away.

Me, too... Me, too.

Now I'm speechless
Over the edge and just breathless
I never thought that I'd catch this love bug again
Now I'm hopeless
Head over heels in the moment
I never thought that I'd get hit by this love bug again

Love bug again
♠ ♠ ♠
Did you like it? Please comment on it for me. :) It would make me feel really good if you did. Thanks so much guys.