Songs Of Us

Sorry

Kimi laid on Joe's bed as she stared at the ceiling.

Her phone rested on her stomach, turned up as loud as it could go so she'd always hear it.

Suddenly, her phone started to play "Get Back" by Demi Lovato and Kimi instantly knew Joe text her.

Kimi looked at it and her heart fell.

I can't call right now, but I will soon. Love you.

She stared blankly at her phone and then turned to lay on her side. She stared at the wall with her phone laying in front of her.

She didn't want to respond to his text. Really, she just wanted to chuck her phone across the room. She was just so frustrated.

Kimi understood, at first, why he wasn't always able to call, but when he continuously couldn't call, Kimi started to get aggravated. Especially when Kevin, or Nick took the time to call despite how busy they were.

Kimi sighed and picked up her phone to text Joe back.

Okay. I miss you and love you.

After it sent, she let her phone drop on the bed and she curled up tightly.

She stayed still until her phone went off again.

I miss you, too.

Kimi smiled a little since Joe replied back so quickly. She started hoping again for a phone call.

But it never came.

Broken hearts and last goodbyes
Restless nights but lullabies
Helps to make this pain go away
I realize I let you down
Told you that I'd be around
Building up the strength just to say


Mrs. Jonas came into Joe's room where Kimi was singing and cleaning.

"Having fun, Kimi?" Mrs. Jonas chuckled.

Kimi jumped, dropping all the items in her arms, and then blushed.

"Oh, hi, Mrs. J. I didn't see you there," she chuckled nervously.

Mrs. Jonas smiled, "You were busy keeping your lovely voice in check, so it's my fault for scaring you."

Kimi waved it off and picked up all the things she dropped.

"Is there anything you wanted, Mrs. J.?" Kimi questioned.

"Actually, Hollywood Records called and asked if you could stop by this afternoon," she answered with a grin.

Kimi dropped everything again and stared at Mrs. Jonas with her mouth hanging open.

"Do they... want to... record with me?"

Mrs. Jonas shrugged, "I'm not sure, but there's that possibility."

Kimi squealed and started dancing around Joe's room.

Mrs. Jonas laughed, "I know you want to celebrate, but you need to get yourself ready, so we can head over."

"Okay!" Kimi exclaimed.

Mrs. Jonas chuckled again before leaving Joe's room.

Kimi glanced at her phone, determining whether to text Joe, or wait till later.

"I'll just wait because I don't know for sure if they want to record with me," Kimi told herself as she walked passed her phone and to Joe's closet.

Yes, she was taking advantage of Joe and his brothers absence. She'd never had such great outfits before she raided their closets. It's not like they'd know, or really care for that matter.

Kimi picked out a pair of Joe's old, black skinny jeans before going to Nick's and Kevin's rooms to pick out one of Nick's old t-shirts as well as a scarf Kevin left behind.

When she finished getting ready, she walked into the living room where Mrs. Jonas and Frankie were watching television.

"I'm ready," Kimi announced.

Mrs. Jonas looked at her and smiled.

"You look just like them, Kimi."

Kimi smiled brightly, "I'm glad. These are theirs anyway, so that kind of helps."

They laughed.

"Come on, Frankie. Let's get going," Mrs. Jonas said, turning off the television as she stood up.

Hurriedly, they loaded up in the car and headed off to Hollywood Records' studio.

The entire ride, Kimi was moving her fingers, or her legs in some way to keep her nerves under control. It didn't help much.

In less that an hour, they pulled into the Hollywood Record's parking lot and Kimi immediately jumped out of the car.

Kimi almost face planted into the asphalt, but caught herself with her hands. Mrs. Jonas and Frankie laughed loudly.

"You're turning into Joe, Kimi," Frankie stated.

She shrugged, "It's the pants."

They laughed again before going inside to see what the future had in store for Kimberly Harrison.

I'm sorry
For breaking all the promises that I wasn't around to keep
It's on me
This time is the last time I will ever beg you to stay
But you're already on your way


"Come on, Joe! Pick up!" Kimi demanded anxiously to the other line.

Sadly, Kimi only got Joe's voicemail and she sighed angrily.

"Fine. I'll leave you a stupid message," she growled.

Despite her happiness, she was grumpy again because she couldn't reach her boyfriend to tell him her great news.

The other line beeped.

"Joe!" she whined. "I need to tell you something, but you're not answering your phone!

"Hollywood Records whats me to record with them!" she exclaimed joyously. "I'm so excited! I wish I could see you now and hug you I'm so happy!

"Well, I guess call me when you get this. Love you. Bye."

Kimi hung up and immediately called Kevin. He picked up on the second ring.

"Hello?"

"Okay, why isn't your brother answering his phone?" Kimi asked.

Kevin chuckled, "Hey, Kimi. Joe's actually asleep right now. He's taking every moment he can to sleep."

"Oh, okay."

"So why did you call?" Kevin questioned.

"Oh yeah!" Kimi remembered. "Hollywood Records wants me to record with them!"

Kevin laughed happily, "That is so awesome, Kimi! I'm so happy for you! You'll do great!"

Kimi smiled, "Thanks. Could you tell Nick and your dad? I already left Joe a message. Make sure he gets it, okay?"

"Okay, whatever you wish."

She giggled, "Thank you, Kevin."

For another hour, Kevin and Kimi talked about the tour and life in general. Eventually Kevin had to get off because they were making a pit stop.

"I'll talk to you later, okay?" he said.

"Okay. Oh, and tell Joe to get off his booty and call me," Kimi replied.

They both laughed.

"I will," Kevin promised. "I'll talk to you later. Bye, Kimi."

"See ya, Kevin."

They hung and Kimi fell back on her bed.

For once, she was in her own room and she felt oddly even more alone being back in it.

Quickly, she got up and ran up to Joe's room where she instantly felt at home.

She missed him more than her conscious knew.

Filled with sorrow, filled with pain
Knowing that I am to blame
For leaving you heart out in the rain
And I know you're gonna walk away
And leave me with the price to pay
But before you go I want to say


A month passed and Kimi was getting anxious. The boys were coming home in less than three weeks and she was going crazy.

She was ready to have someone to talk to. She was ready to have someone to laugh with. Most of all, she was ready to have Joe's arms around her again.

Thinking of him did annoy her to some degree though. When she thought about him, she remembered how little he called, or sent her a text. Kevin and Nick text her just about twice a day. Sometimes they talked more than that.

The first day she went to the recording studio, Kevin and Nick sent her good luck texts almost every half hour. Joe didn't send her a text at all that day.

Kimi couldn't stay angry with him though. She knew he was busy all the time and sometimes needed his "Joe time." But it still hurt that he didn't seem to really try to talk to her like his brothers.

Nick had told her to tell Joe about how she felt, but Kimi refused to sound like the needy girlfriend. Annoying Joe while he was on tour was the very last thing she wanted to do.

"But you need to talk to him, Kimi," Nick told her. "He need to know that you're hurting over his lack of communication with you."

"That just sounds too whiny though. I know that's the last thing he needs while on tour," Kimi replied.

Nick sighed, "Kimi, he doesn't realize that his forgetfulness affects you like this."

"He forgets to call? That's like saying her forgets to think about me, Nick."

"He's always thinking about you no matter what we're doing. He seriously gets bummed out when he can't call you because of our schedules, or something like that. You haven't been around him to see that though."

Kimi sighed that time, "But he hardly texts me."

"I'm sure he tries, Kimi. I promise you that. I wouldn't be surprised if he steals our phones just so he can text you. I bet you half the texts you get from me and Kevin are probably from him."

"Why can't he text on his own phone though?"

"Maybe his phone isn't working right. I don't know, but don't give up on him. He's trying, Kimi."

Kimi looked at her feet and stayed silent.

"You need to talk to him," Nick repeated.

She sighed again, "I'll try."

That I'm sorry
For breaking all the promises that I wasn't around to keep
It's on me
This time is the last time I will ever beg you to stay
But you're already on your way


We're only and hour away!

Kimi grinned at Nick's text. She was so excited they were so close to home.

I can't wait to see you! Kimi replied.

Then Kimi got off Joe's bed and went to find Mrs. Jonas. She found Frankie first.

She hugged him tightly and he laughed.

"They're only an hour away!" Kimi exclaimed.

"I know!" Frankie smiled. "Mom just told me."

Kimi stopped hugging him, "Oh... I forgot she'd already know. Well, I feel silly."

Frankie continued to smile, "It's okay that you're silly. You've been our Joe while he's been gone."

For a split second, and blankness crossed her face, but she instantly smiled to hide it.

"That's not exactly what I was getting at, but thanks anyway."

"I'm going to play some video games," Frankie stated, changing the subject. "Do you want to play with me?"

Kimi shrugged, "Sure. I'd rather do something for an hour rather than lay around the house."

"Cool."

Kimi laughed and followed Frankie to the television.

A long, competitive hour later, Frankie had beat Kimi again and she was exhausted. Playing video games with the kid really did wear a person out.

"I am so worn out, Frankie," Kimi said as she laid flat on the floor.

"But we haven't done anything to make you tired," Frankie pointed out.

"We may not have, but that doesn't mean my brain isn't tired."

Frankie rolled his eyes and started to play another game by himself.

Kimi sighed and sat up, "So when do you think they'll be here?"

Frankie shrugged, "I don't know. I guess they'll get here when they get here."

There was a gasp, "Frankie! How can you be so unexcited that your favorite brothers are coming home?"

Frankie and Kimi turned around to find Nick standing behind them with a huge grin on his face.

"Nick!" Kimi exclaimed.

She instantly got off the floor and hugged Nick tightly.

"Kimi. I'd like to breathe," he laughed.

"Oh, sorry," she blushed and let go.

"Kimi!"

Kevin suddenly wrapped his arms around her and twirled her around.

"Kevin! Put me down!" Kimi demanded through her laughter.

He obeyed and grinned down at her.

"How have you been since I last talked to you this morning?" he asked.

She shrugged, "Anxious and bored."

"That was obvious," Nick teased.

Kimi smiled at him and then Kevin went over to Frankie to hug him.

"Joe's downstairs," Nick said quietly. "He told us he wanted to see you without everyone around."

"Why?"

"Maybe because he's your boyfriend and he just wants some alone time with you? I don't know. But you should go downstairs and see," Nick answered with sarcasm.

"Fine, but I want to say 'hi' to your dad."

"Go ahead and just so you know, I think you should tell Joe what you told both me and Kevin."

Kimi nodded slowly, "Okay."

Nick gave her a hug before she went to give Mr. Jonas a "welcome home" hug. Then she walked downstairs where Joe waited for her in her room.

Can't make it alive on my own
But if you have to go, then please go
Just leave me alone
Cause I don't want to see you and me
Going our separate ways
I'm begging you to stay
If it isn't too late


Kimi quietly made her way towards her room, nervousness taking over.

She saw her door open and Joe sitting on the edge of her bed, his leg moving constantly in his own nervousness.

Joe wasn't looking in Kimi's direction, so she casually leaned against her door frame with her hands clasped in front of her.

"Welcome home," she said, catching Joe's attention immediately.

"Kimi!" he exclaimed as he stood up and made his way towards her.

He hugged her closely, refusing to let go.

"Joe... Air," Kimi laughed.

Joe let go and grinned, "Sorry. I couldn't help it."

Kimi smiled slightly, "It's okay."

Joe got a cute smile on his face and placed his hand gently to Kimi's cheek. He started to lean towards her to kiss her, but Kimi pressed two of her fingers to his lips to make him stop.

"Joe, you can't expect me to kiss you when we've hardly talked these past two months," Kimi said. "But I really do want to, but I just want you to explain to me why we didn't talk much."

Joe grabbed Kimi's hand and kissed her fingertips that were against his lips. Then he pulled her into another close hug.

"I'm really really sorry. I should have gotten my phone fixed immediately after it broke. I just always forgot when we came to another city. I didn't mean to forget, but I did. I'm so sorry," he whispered.

Kimi stared at him, "Why didn't you find some way to tell me that? I felt like you forgot me when you didn't call, or text me."

Joe shook his head, "I never forgot about you. You were all I thought about the entire tour."

"Then why didn't you talk to me on Nick's, or Kevin's phones?"

Joe half smiled, "I did. I can guarantee that every text you thought you got from them was really from me."

Kimi looked down and then back up.

"You could have mentioned it was you texting me, you know."

"I know. That was a bad move on my part. I guess I figured the 'I love yous' would give me away."

Kimi thought back to all the texts and remembered each 'I love you' she got. It suddenly became obvious to her and she felt like the dumbest girlfriend ever.

"I'm so sorry!" Kimi apologized. "I should have automatically knew it was you. It was so obvious, but I didn't see it. I'm so so sorry!"

Joe chuckled lightly, "Kimi, it's okay. It was my fault for not telling you that it was me."

Kimi sighed and hugged Joe.

"It's not your fault. Both of us made a mistake."

"So are you calmed down, then?" Joe teased.

Kimi smacked his arm, "I was trying to make both of us feel better and you had to tease me."

Joe grinned, "I'm sorry, Kimi. I was trying to help, too."

She rolled her eyes and looked at the floor.

Kimi felt Joe place his finger under her chin and force her head up, so he could look at her face.

Joe once again got a cute smile on his face.

"Can I kiss you now?" he asked quietly.

Kimi blushed and Joe's smile widened.

Joe slowly leaned towards and paused when their lips were mere centimeters apart.

"I missed you," he said softly.

Kimi only smiled and pressed her lips to Joe's

Joe smiled through the kiss which made both of them laugh happily.

They hoped things would stay that way forever, but only one was making the plans for it to happen.

I'm sorry
For breaking all the promises that I wasn't around to keep
It's on me
This time is the last time I will ever beg you stay
But you're already on your way

But you're already on your way
♠ ♠ ♠
There's the third part. :D When I had finished this part, I was heading to bed and I got an idea for a fourth one. I'm quite positive that the next one will be the last one, too. Oh and I do not own "Sorry" or the Jonas family. :) Once again, I just own Kimberly Harrison. :) Please comment and let me know what you think of it. :) Thanks guys.