Songs Of Us

Just Friends

Kimi plopped down on her new couch in her new apartment. She was officially moved into her own home after a crazy two years of music, love, and family.

Kimi got out her very first album out only after a few months in the recording studio and was already starting on her second album with the help of the Jonas Brothers.

Anyway, only a week after her album was out, she had enough money to get a small apartment down the street from the Jonas family's house.

She loved staying with the Jonas's, but she knew that it was her time to live on her own. She had depended on them for way too long too and just felt bad. Of course she still visited them basically everyday. She could never stay away from them. Joe had a bit more of a difficult time staying away from Kimi so he came over to Kimi's multiple times a day. He's dedicated huh?

Joe also plopped down on Kimi's couch and he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

"It's official," he smiled, "You're moved in."

Kimi grinned at him, "I'm happy to finally be settled. It's a nice feeling."

Joe kissed her forehead, "I'm glad you're happy."

Kimi's grin turned into a shy smile as she looked at Joe.

He chuckled softly and kissed her quickly.

"We should go do something," he suggested suddenly.

"Okay. What should we do?"

Joe stood up and helped Kimi up, too.

"Let's just drive around and figure it out."

He grinned and jogged out her door with Kimi laughing behind him.

There she goes again
The girl I'm in love with
It's cool we're just friends
We walk the halls at school
We know it's casual
It's cool we're just


Joe and Kimi stared up at the night sky, watching the twinkling stars while laying on the hood of Joe's car.

Kimi turned on her side and rested her arm across Joe's chest.

He smiled, "You know, we've been together for about three years now."

"Yep," Kimi smiled. "Any particular reason why you mentioned it?"

He shrugged and turned his head to look at her.

"I just felt like saying it out loud. It's nice to hear it."

Their noses touched and they both grinned.

"It is nice to hear it," Kimi agreed eventually. "It shows us how well we've worked together despite the problems the usual couple has."

Joe smiled and then stared up at the stars again.

Kimi kept her eyes on his face and studied how the soft light of the stars lit his face. She sighed dreamily and cuddled into Joe.

Joe smiled, but kept his eyes on the stars.

Kimi looked up at the sky again, after she got comfortable, and smiled softly.

A shooting star suddenly shot across the sky, making Kimi look at Joe again.

"Make a wish, Joe," she whispered.

He smiled as he turned to her, "Only if you do, too."

"Of course," she giggled.

Both looked at the sky, making their wishes, not knowing where their wishes would lead them.

Joe looked at Kimi when he finished and smiled sweetly.

He grabbed her left hand in his right and he gently touched each of her fingers, lingering on her ring finger only a moment longer.

Kimi noticed.

She looked back at Joe again, only to be greeted with a kiss to her nose.

"I love you," Joe whispered.

Heat slowly rose to Kimi's face.

"I love you, too," she replied just as quietly as Joe did.

Joe smiled and lightly kissed her lips, making Kimi's heart rate quicken.

He wrapped his arms all the way around her and faced towards her.

Kimi had to smile when Joe placed his forehead against hers and began to whisper the chorus to Please Be Mine to her.

Neither could have been more happy at that moment, laying under the stars and being in each others' presence.

I don't wanna lead you on, no
But the truth is I've grown fond, yeah


"Nick!" Kimi called the the Jonas home. "Nick! I need you!"

Kimi walked into Nick's room and found him listening to his iPod.

"Nicholas!" she exclaimed while pulling out his headphones. "I need to talk to you."

He chuckled, "Did you seriously come over just to talk to me?"

"No. I"m here because Joe and I are going out tonight, but that's beside the point," Kimi answered.

Nick smiled and turned his iPod off. Then he brought his full attention to Kimi.

"Okay, so what do you need to talk to me about?"

Kimi shut his bedroom door and sat on his bed with her legs crossed over each other.

"Joe's up to something," she stated in all seriousness.

Nick chuckled again, "When isn't he up to something?"

Kimi scowled, "That's not what I mean. He's up to something really big."

"What makes you think that?"

"Well, last night when we were together, he was always holding onto my left hand and stuff," Kimi blushed since she was sharing that with Nick.

"That makes you suspicious of him?" Nick smirked.

She pouted, "That's not all of it! Last night he kept touching my ring finger and he's been really affectionate lately."

"Does it bother you?" Nick asked curiously.

Kimi shook her head, "No way. I'm just wondering what's running through that mind of his which is why I came to you."

"I can't tell you anything, Kimi. That wouldn't be right of me," Nick pointed out.

"But why? I just want to know! I mean, I think I have an idea of what he's planning, but I'm not one-hundred percent sure."

Nick shook his head, "I'm sorry, but I can't tell you anything. I promised Joe I wouldn't tell you anything."

Kimi pouted, "So he knew I'd come to you..."

Nick smiled, "I actually warned him about it."

"Nick! That's not fair!"

He put one hand up in the air like a boyscout, "Sorry, but it's the rule of the brotherhood."

"You and your brothers..." Kimi mumbled as she started to leave Nick's room.

She was about to shut the door behind her when Nick called out.

"Let me know how your date goes!"

Kimi grumbled under her breath and shut his door loudly.

Nick grinned before going back to listening to his iPod.

Everyone knows it's meant to be
Falling in love just you and me
Till the end of time, till I'm on her mind, it'll happen
I've been making lots of plans
Like a picket fence and a rose garden
I just keep on dreaming
But it's cool 'cuz we're just friends


Joe stared across the table at Kimi and watched her inhale her ice cream. Kimi was oblivious to his stare, enjoying the sweet taste of her ice cream.

Suddenly, the cone cracked and fell apart, making the ice cream ooze through the cracks.

"Aw! It was getting so good and it had to explode!" Kimi whined, trying to save her dessert from complete destruction.

Joe laughed and handed over some napkins. Kimi gladly took them and tried to clean up the sticky mess.

"Are you going to finish it?" Joe asked with a chuckle.

"I'm going to eat as much as I can," Kimi answered before going back to inhaling the ice cream.

Kimi managed to make a mess on her face so she gave up.

"Okay... I'm done now," she pouted, forgetting the ice cream on her face.

Joe chuckled, taking her messy cone and throwing it away. He sat next to her again and she was still pouting.

"Kimi, it was only ice cream. We can always get you more at home," Joe said.

"But I feel like I've wasted your money."

He shook his head, "It's fine. It was your fault the cone exploded on you and is still all over your face."

Kimi turned red, "Really?"

She grabbed a clean napkin and started wiping off her face quickly.

Joe stopped her while laughing softly.

She stared up at him in confusion and he smiled at her.

"Missed a spot," he whispered, leaning in to kiss her.

"You lied," she said when he pulled away.

He licked his lips, "Yeah, but I can taste it when I kiss you."

"Well, then let me go clean myself up."

Kimi started to stand up, but Joe stopped her.

"One more?" he asked innocently.

Kimi didn't get to answer because he kissed her anyway.

She gave him a lopsided smile, "Now can I go?"

"Yeah, but I'm coming with you because I got your ice cream all over my hands."

Kimi giggled as Joe stood up and grabbed her left hand.

They happily walked towards the restrooms, each going through their gender assigned doors to wash up.

Kimi stared at the mirror as she washed her hands, thinking of what Joe could be planning.

Joe stared down at the faucet, wondering how to follow through with one of the biggest things he was ever going to do.

Small talk on IM
Just one word sentences
It's cool we're just friends
If I had my way
We'd talk and talk all day, yeah


The entire Jonas family sat together in the living room where Joe asked to talk to them.

He hesitated and his mom only smiled.

"It's about Kimi, isn't it?" she asked.

Joe nodded, "Yeah."

Nick and Kevin smiled at their nervous brother.

"I think you should do it tonight," Kevin stated.

"Yeah. You both have waited for what, two years now?" Nick agreed.

"Three," Joe corrected him. "Three years."

"Definitely do it tonight," Nick and Kevin said in unison.

Joe looked at them, still unsure of his decision.

His dad stood up and put his arm around his son.

"Joseph," he said, "Don't hesitate to do this. You know that your mother and I support your choice one-hundred percent.

"I know, Dad."

Mrs. Jonas stared into the eyes of her son. "Do you love her, Joseph?" she asked him with a smile.

Joe nodded, "Very much."

"Then don't be afraid. We know our Kimi loves you back just as much. She won't hurt you, Joseph."

"I know she won't, Mom. I just don't know how to do it."

Mr. Jonas hugged Joe and then smiled at him. "You'll eventually know exactly how to do it. Let your heart guide you in this decision."

Joe nodded slowly and a look of contemplation crossed his face. Then it quickly disappeared and Joe grinned.

"I'm going to do it tonight. If I wait any longer, I might chicken out," he said.

Mrs. Jonas jumped off the couch and held her son in her arms. "You're growing up so fast. I'm so proud of you," she sniffled. "You're making a very good choice, Joseph."

Joe gave his mom a kiss on her cheek and smiled. "Thanks, Mom."

Nick stood in front of Joe with a smirk, "Do you have it already?"

Joe smirked back, "Do you really think I'd ask you for help if I didn't have it?"

"Sometimes," he grinned.

"Well, I do have it for your information, Nick," Joe stated, chuckling afterward.

"Ooh! Could we see it then, honey?" Mrs. Jonas asked, getting extremely excited.

Joe smiled, "Of course you guys can."

Carefully, he pulled out a small black box from his pocket and handed it to his mom.

As they stared at it, Joe smiled brightly.

That small object was going to change his life. He was very aware of that and that made him more excited.

Joe was finally ready to bind himself and Kimi together.

Forever.

Everyone knows it's meant to be
Falling in love just you and me
Till the end of time, till I'm on her mind, it'll happen
I've been making lots of plans
Like a picket fence and a rose garden
I just keep on dreaming
But it's cool 'cuz we're just friends.


Kimi nervously twiddled her thumbs as Joe drove them to their destination.

She didn't exactly know what she was nervous about, but she had a feeling something huge was going to happen.

"Are you okay, Kimi?" Joe questioned her. "You look really nervous."

She blushed, "Only a little bit."

Joe smiled, "Aw. Why are you nervous? It's not like we've never gone on a date together."

"I know. I just feel that something's going to happen tonight."

Joe grinned, knowing exactly what that "something" was.

"Don't worry about it so much. Just have fun."

Kimi smiled at him, "I will just for you, Joe."

He grabbed her left hand with his right and squeezed it.

"So where are we going?" Kimi finally asked.

"If I told you, I'd have to kill you," Joe joked. "Really, I'm just taking us to the beach."

Kimi brightened and looked at him in shock.

"How can you talk about the beach without excitement? The beach is the best!" she exclaimed.

Joe chuckled, "I'm glad you think so because we're here."

Kimi squealed as Joe slowly backed his car into a parking spot. Once the car stopped, Kimi jumped out of the car.

Joe laughed as he got out and watched Kimi tremble in excitement.

"To think you're in your twenties," he teased.

She ignore his remark and grabbed his hand.

"No more talking! Let's get on the beach!"

Joe laughed at Kimi's excitement, but willingly followed her as she ran for the beach.

When Kimi found the perfect spot, she sat down and then laid back across the sand.

Joe sat beside her and looked down at her with a cute smile.

The setting sun cast oranges and pinks across her features, making Kimi glow.

"Are you happy, Kimi?" he asked her.

She nodded, staring at the sky, "Of course. I'm always happy when I'm with you, Joe."

Joe smiled wider and a soft tinge of pink colored his cheeks.

"Are you happy?" Kimi questioned, looking up at him.

His face deepened in color. "Actually, there's one thing that will make me the happiest guy in the world," he answered shyly.

Kimi sat up and looked at him in curiosity. "What would that be?"

Joe stood up and brought Kimi with him. "Let's walk a little bit first."

They started walking and Kimi stared at him in suspicion. "What are you up to, my silly friend?" she asked.

Joe only grinned at her in response.

Kimi rolled her eyes and kept walking with a smile on her face.

Eventually, he stopped and Kimi realized why. There was hardly anyone around where they were.

She was so caught up in her thought over Joe's reason for going to a very empty area that she didn't notice Joe move.

"Kimi," he said quietly.

"Yeah?" she brought her thoughts to a close and looked down at Joe.

Wait... Down?

Kimi turned red and her heart started racing.

"Kimi," Joe paused, "The one thing that will make me the happiest guy in the world is being with you forever."

Kimi's eyes began to water as Joe gently held her left hand in his right.

"Will you marry me?" he asked, almost shy.

Kimi tried to hold in her joyous laughter as she nodded. "Yes."

Joe grinned and stood up quickly. He pulled out a small box that his family saw that morning.

He opened it up and revealed a simple silver ring with a single diamond on top.

"I know you're not for the big glamorous things, so I got you something simple, but still pretty," he explained as he took the ring out of the box and carefully slipped it onto Kimi's left ring-finger.

Once the ring was in it's place, Kimi smiled and stared at it.

"It's truly beautiful, Joe."

Joe wrapped his arms around her and placed his forehead against hers. "Just like you are."

She blushed and let her hands rest on Joe's arms.

They stared at each other in silence, not having anything to say because the other already knew the words the other was thinking.

Finally, Joe closed the gap between their lips and smiled softly.

"Thanks for making me the happiest I've ever been," he said quietly.

Kimi giggled, "Won't the wedding be happier? How about the honeymoon? Oh! What about after that? Won't that be-"

"You know how to ruin a moment," Joe chuckled, placing his index finger on her lips to silence her.

"I was only teasing you," Kimi pointed out, hugging him and resting her head on his chest.

She closed her eyes and listened to Joe's heartbeat as it slowed to it's normal pace.

"Were you really that afraid to ask me, Joe?" she asked without moving her head.

Joe placed his cheek on top of her head, "More than you know."

Kimi lifted her head and smiled at him. "I would have said yes no matter what, Joe. You didn't have to worry so much."

"But I didn't know that. I can't exactly read your mind," Joe pointed out.

Kimi put her head back on his chest, "I understand."

A calming silence washed over them for a few short moments.

"I'm glad you asked me, Joe," Kimi whispered.

Joe's arms briefly tightened around Kimi and he closed his eyes. "I'm glad I asked you, too, Kimi. I don't know what I'd do in a life without you by my side."

Kimi sighed and closed her eyes, also.

They silently wondered if things could get any better.

Thinking about how
We're gonna say our vows
It's cool we're just friends
She walks down the aisle
I see all my friends smile
'Cuz now we're more than friends


"Okay, so we need to figure out who is doing what," Mrs. Jonas announced to Joe, Kimi and her husband.

Kimi grinned, "I'll be the bride!"

Joe snickered while his parents chuckled.

"We would hope so, Kimi," Mr. Jonas smiled.

Mrs. Jonas got their attention again to the matter at hand.

"Okay, back to business... Who's going to be the maid of honor and best man?" she asked.

"Ah! Demi!" Kimi exclaimed. "We were pretty tight during the 'Burnin' Up' tour, so she'll be my maid of honor."

Joe laughed, "I think that would be great. Demi hasn't been over in a long time so she'd love to."

"So who are you choosing for you best man?" Kimi grinned. "I think you should make Nick and Kevin both your best man."

Mr. and Mrs. Jonas nodded at the idea and Joe willingly agreed.

"I think that'll be awesome."

"Ooh! Frankie can be the ring-bearer and Maya can be the flower girl!" Kimi said with much enthusiasm.

"Okay," Mrs. Jonas said as she wrote everything down. "Now we need a couple more brides' maids and groom's men."

"Big Rob," Joe and Kimi replied at the same time, laughing at each other.

Mrs. Jonas chuckled as she wrote that down.

"Selena should be a bride's maid and so should Danielle," Kimi added. "I think that would be okay. Is it okay with you, Joe?"

Joe smiled, "Yeah. It's perfect."

"Great!" his mom exclaimed. "Well, since we got at least that much down, Kimi and I can finally go dress shopping."

Kimi jumped up, "Yes! I'm so excited!"

Joe chuckled as he stood next to Kimi.

"Let me go get my purse and then we can go," Mrs. Jonas replied before scampering to her room.

Mr. Jonas walked over to Joe and pat his shoulder.

"Once again, congratulations you two," he smiled.

"Thank you," they replied at separate times.

Mr. Jonas smiled again and hugged them both before leaving the room.

Joe turned to Kimi with a smile, "Now don't make pink our color for this."

Kimi giggled, "I wouldn't dare!"

He smirked, "Uh huh."

She punched his arm, "You know pink is the last color I'd choose."

"I'm just making sure," Joe put his hands up in defense.

"Alright, Kimi. I'm ready," Mrs. Jonas announced, coming out of her room.

"Okay!" Kimi grinned.

She started to follow Mrs. Jonas out the door, but Joe grabbed her hand and pulled her back.

"Were you about to leave without saying goodbye to me?" Joe fake cried.

"Sorry!" I'm just so caught up in all the excitement," Kimi apologized.

"It's okay." Joe kissed her, "Now go have fun shopping with my mom."

"I will!"

She kissed his cheek before dashing out the door after Mrs. Jonas.

Joe smiled to himself as he walked to his room to wait for his best friend's return.

Everyone knows it's meant to be
Falling in love just you and me
Till the end of time, till I'm on her mind, it'll happen, oh
We've been making lots of plans
Like a picket fence and a rose garden
We'll just keep on thinking
About when we used to be just friends


"What color do you want for the dresses?" Mrs. Jonas asked Kimi.

"Green of course!" It'll look really cool with the black of the tuxedos."

Mrs. Jonas nodded in agreement.

"Hello. Can I help you with anything?" a lady who worked at the dress shop asked.

Kimi smiled, "I need a lot of help. I have a vision, but I can't find exactly what I want."

The lady smiled back, "How about following me and we can draw it up for you."

"Oh, thank you so much... uh..."

"Lucy," the lady finished.

Kimi smiled, "Okay! Thank you so much, Lucy!"

Lucy chuckled as they reached a light table toward the back of the store.

"So tell me what you would like."

Kimi instantly went into detail about the bride's maids' dresses and the lady drew every detail exactly how Kimi imagined them.

"Oh! They look beautiful!" Kimi awed when the drawing was finished.

Lucy smiled, "We can get these made as soon as possible and then you can bring your friends in to get them fitted."

Kimi nodded, "I will certainly do that."

"So would you like me to draw up your dress, Miss?"

"Could you?"

"Of course," Lucy answered.

Kimi grinned, "Well, I want a simple white dress with some lace around the trim of the dress.

"Like this?" Lucy asked, drawing it out.

"Make it a little higher up in the center and then have it flow out into a smaller proportion."

Lucy did so and Kimi nodded in approval.

"I would like some lace sleeves, too. Have them flare out at the end just like that," Kimi continued.

"Kimi, it's gorgeous," Mrs. Jonas commented when Lucy held up the completed drawing.

Lucy agreed, "It is very pretty. It'll look fabulous on you."

"Thank you," Kimi blushed.

Then Kimi gave Lucy her cell phone number, so she could get dress updates. Soon after, Kimi and Mrs. Jonas left to pick up some lunch.

"Are you excited, Kimi?" Mrs. Jonas asked as they ate sandwiches.

"Extremely," Kimi grinned. "I fee like I'm in a dream because it just seems so unreal."

Mrs. Jonas smiled and a comfortable silence came between them.

"You know," Mrs. Jonas started, "I somehow knew something like this was going to happen."

"How so, Mrs. J.?" Kimi asked in curiosity.

"The first day you and Joe met, he always talked about you. Anytime we went somewhere, he would ask if you were coming with us. Joe's felt something for you since day one, Kimi. Even if he was clueless to it."

Kimi blushed and chuckled, "Did he really?"

Mrs. Jonas nodded, "Even when he dated some very nice girls, he would first talk about whatever he did with you that day. I don't think he realized how much he like you until high school."

"Honestly, I don't think I realized I liked Joe until the first Jonas Brothers tour. I remember how lonely I was without my best friend."

Both women laughed.

Mrs. Jonas glanced at her watch, "Well, I think we should head back home. Who knows what those boys are doing without us."

"Joe's probably finding a way to occupy himself till we get back, but the others I'm not sure about."

She laughed, "I wouldn't doubt that from Joseph. The others are probably doing the same or they're being the lazy men that they are."

They laughed again as they stood up and threw their trash away.

"Time to see what those boys have been up to," Mrs. Jonas stated.

"Let's get going then!" Kimi exclaimed, anxious to get back to see Joe.

Mrs. Jonas chuckled, following Kimi out to the car.

Things were going to soon get better.

La, la, la, la
La, la, la, la
La, la, la, la, la
When we used to be
When we used to be


Kimi stared at herself in the mirror, studying how her dress fell on her shoulders.

"You look beautiful, Kimi," Mrs. Jonas complimented.

"Yeah! Joe is going to fall even harder for you," Demi grinned, standing beside Kimi.

She smiled and hugged Demi, "Thank you so much. I can't wait to see Joe."

The girls chuckled with Kimi.

"You'll see him soon enough," Mrs. Jonas smiled.

Selena wrapped her arms around Kimi's shoulders and grinned at her.

"I think our dear Kimi is ready to have her time with Joe."

Kimi blushed, "No and I vote we don't talk about that."

The girls laughed again and Mrs. Jonas pat Kimi's shoulder.

"It's okay, Kimi. That's normal for newlyweds."

"Mrs. J.!" Kimi whined. "I said I didn't want to talk about that! My poor mind!"

All of them laughed for the third time just as someone knocked on the door.

"Are you ready ladies? We're ready for you all!" a voice announced through the door.

"Okay!" Mrs. Jonas called back. "Go on and get out there ladies."

Demi, Selena, and Danielle gave Kimi a comforting hug before they left the room.

Kimi took a deep, nervous breath and stared at herself again in the mirror.

Mrs. Jonas placed a warm hand on Kimi's shoulder, "There's no need to be so nervous. This is nothing like singing on a stage."

"I know, but I'm just so... well, nervous," she chuckled. "I'm making a big decision."

"And do you think you're making the right one?"

Kimi nodded, "Definitely."

"Then don't worry so much about it," Mrs. Jonas smiled. "Now we better head out there so we can get you down the aisle to Joseph."

"Thanks, Mrs. J.," Kimi hugged her soon-to-be mother-in-law. "Are you sure you're okay with escorting me down the aisle?"

"Of course I'm okay with it. Your father chose not to be here to do it, so I happily volunteered."

Kimi sighed, "My mom hasn't even shown up and I was really hoping she would."

"Maybe she'll be here later on. You never know. People can be late."

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in!" Mrs. Jonas called out.

The door opened and Kimi almost started to cry.

"Mom!" she exclaimed, moving as fast as she could to her mother.

"Kimi," her mom began to cry, "You look so beautiful."

"Thank you. I'm so glad you're here, Mom."

"We're ready for you Miss Kimi," an usher stated through the open door.

Kimi looked at Mrs. Jonas, "Could... my mom walk with me?"

Mrs. Jonas smiled, "Of course."

Kimi grinned after thanking her and then led her mom to the doors they were to pass through.

A familiar tune started to play and Kimi's arm tightened around her mom's.

"Kimberly, you'll be fine," her mom reassured as the doors opened.

Kimi let her arm slack a little and she smiled at her mom. Then they began to walk down the aisle, the entire church staring at Kimi in her white dress. Kimi refused to look around her and kept her full attention on Joe, who grinned from ear-to-ear.

When they reached the stage, they stopped so Kimi's mom could answer Mr. Jonas' question and then she was gently passed to Joe.

Joe and Kimi faced each other, holding each others' hands and smiling shyly.

Kimi didn't remember much after that moment. She remembered the words that were said and the happy tears that fell. She remembered Joe's touch as he placed the ring on her finger and when she did the same for him. The one thing she remembered in full detail, the kiss.

Joe kept fidgeting with his fingers, Kimi feeling them touch her palm in a soft rhythm.

"Joe, do you take Kimberly Ann Harrison to be your wife?" Mr. Jonas asked.

"I do," Joe grinned, glancing at his dad and then back to Kimi.

"Kimi, do you take Joseph Adam Jonas to be your husband?"

Kimi smiled, "I do."

Joe squeezed both of Kimi's hands.

Mr. Jonas smiled, "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride now. I know you've been dying to, Joe."

The audience laughed and Kimi laughed with them.

Before the laughter died down, Joe grinned and carefully placed his hands on each side of Kimi's face. Then he eagerly leaned towards her and placed his lips on Kimi's.

Applause erupted through the room, causing Joe to pull away in laughter.

He finally had his perfect life.

Kimi was his and he was hers now forever.

La, la, la, la
La, la, la, la
La, la, la, la, la


Kimi fell across the giant bed in their hotel room. She smiled, thinking about her wedding and then she stared at the ring on her left finger.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Joe also fell on the bed beside her.

He grabbed her hand, "Are you happy, Kimi?"

She turned her head to look at him, "How could I not be happy?"

Joe grinned and kissed her hand.

"Oh!" he exclaimed suddenly, jumping off the bed and going over to his suitcase... Well, one of his many suitcases.

Kimi sat up and watched him curiously.

Finally, Joe found what he was looking for and he came back over to Kimi.

He sat down next to her and handed her a long, black box.

"What is it?" Kimi asked him.

"Open it," he chuckled.

She did and she instantly smiled.

Joe kissed the side of her head, "It's yours now, Kimi."

Kimi took the necklace out of the velvet box and unclasped the chain. She put it around her neck and Joe clasped it back together for her. Kimi stared down at the ring that had once been around Joe's finger, dangling from her neck then.

Joe wrapped his arm around Kimi's shoulders and kissed her head again. Then Kimi looked at him with a smile.

"I honestly think this is the best wedding gift ever, Joe," she stated.

"I knew you'd say that," Joe grinned. "I know you all too well. You always talked about how romantic it would be, so I thought I'd give it a shot."

He chuckled and Kimi joined him, her face red.

Joe hugged Kimi, keeping his arms around her, "So did it work?"

Kimi giggled, "I think it did."

"Good."

Joe leaned towards her and kissed her softly.

"I love you, Mrs. Kimberly Jonas," Joe whispered.

She giggled again, "I like the sound of that."

Joe rolled his eyes, "Way to ruin the moment, Kimi."

"Sorry," she chuckled, kissing him and then resting her head against Joe's chest. "I love you, too."

"Aw, you didn't say my full name," Joe pouted.

Kimi punched his arm, "Now look who's ruining the moment, Joseph."

Joe laughed and tightened his arms around Kimi.

His laughter died down and silence resonated in the room, leaving only the sound of their soft breathing.

"I love you, Mr. Joseph Adam Jonas," Kimi said softly.

They both laughed quietly, knowing that their lives would never have a dull moment in their future.

When we used to be just friends
♠ ♠ ♠
This seriously took me forever to type up let alone write it. I'm sorry it took so long and if it seems like it's really broken. I'm really sorry. I still hope you liked it and now this story is done. :) I hope there were some funny things in this part. I tried to add humor. :) Well, I'd love it if you'd all comment on this and let me know what you thought. Thanks guys. :D