And She Made the Shape of My Heart With Her Hands

Prologues & Divorces

“Janet, what are you talking about? I always have things under control!”

“You’re such a liar, David! You don’t know anything that’s going on! You don’t talk to our kids barely ever and you and I never communicate unless we’re yelling down each other’s throats, much like this!”

Yep. Mom and Dad were fighting. Again. Whether it was screaming in each other’s faces, or just small constant arguments, they were always fighting. It was like the laundry; they did this every other day or so since I was about 12 and Garrett was 13.

Speaking of Garrett, my brother, he’s been pretty busy lately. He told me that it was because The Maine was going on tour in two weeks. He and the band were all so excited. I didn’t blame them.

Garrett’s never been away from home that long before. I know he’s my stupid brother and all, but I was going to miss him.

“You know what, David?” Mom bellowed from downstairs, “I can’t take this any longer! I really can’t!”

“Then what the hell do you want? A divorce?” Dad said it like he was pointing out the obvious, but in a nastily joking manner.

Mom surprised him by saying, “Yes, David, that’s exactly what I want! In fact, just get your stuff and be out by the morning. I don’t want to see you around here for another day.” I could hear her footsteps coming up the stairs and past my room. I gave her a blank look. She just blinked and kept walking towards her room where she slammed and locked the door. I could hear her muttering nasty things about my father.

Downstairs, my father had said a couple swear words himself and walked out of the house. God only knows where he was heading and if I’d ever see him again. He was never the most dependable father, and obviously husband as well.

The next 13 days were a living hell. Garrett, who wasn’t shocked by the divorce, has barely been home and Mom’s been inside her room the entire time. She was lucky she had a bathroom connected to her room.

Dad never came back, (big surprise there), so I’ve basically been the only one here with Mom. Every time I tried to get her to come out or I’d offer her some food or something, she’d tell me to leave her alone or go watch TV. She was being rather rude to me. I was trying to help. I mean, I expected her to be upset the first week, but this was rather extreme for her.

Then I decided something; I decided that I could not stay in this house for my entire summer with my mom like this. I had to get away. I had to talk to Garrett.
♠ ♠ ♠
New Story!
Sorry it's so short, i was debating whether to make this a first chapter or a prologue, so i sort of made it both. :P
Comments are loved.
[: