And She Made the Shape of My Heart With Her Hands

Wrong Names & Jokes

I stood there behind the main stage, waiting for The Maine’s performance to be finished. I didn’t know why I felt so antsy. I already knew that the guys weren’t going back to a hotel to shower or anything, because we were going to drive through the night again. Therefore, the boys were all just going to shower here in the facilities. Lucky for me, I got in and out of there before anyone even considered bathing.

The little white plastic spoon in my hand was totally beat up. Each crease and bend in the shiny plastic represented my boredom. I knew that I needed to ease up a bit.

“Dude, it looks like you molested that spoon or something.”

I whipped around, my hair flowing from the sudden swift movement. I came face to face with a member of Metro Station, also known as Mason Musso.

I let out a small sheepish laugh. “Yeah, I’m feeling kind of… I don’t know, like I can’t sit still or something.”

Mason smiled a little, his very white teeth showing brightly against his tan complexion and long dark hair. “Uh, yeah, I can sort of tell. You’ve been going like this the entire time I’ve been watching you.” He started bouncing up and down persistently in his knees, imitating me.

I chuckled a little. “Yeah, I have issues.”

Mason laughed a little. “Nah. Anyway, you are… Claire? Clara? Cara!” He pointed at me excitedly when he realized his answer was seemingly correct.

I faked a frown. “No, Mason. It’s Danielle. Why is that so hard to remember? My God! You know, this sort of hurts my feelings that-”

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry! I-I didn’t mean to!” He paused and took a deep breath. “Man, I was way off.”

I shook my head no. “No. You were actually right before.” Mason looked at me in question, obviously a little confused. I spoke very slowly, “My name’s Cara, Mason.”

Mason looked at me completely expressionlessly. It frightened me a tad. “Yeah, I actually knew that already. The truth is, Cara, is that I’m in love with you, baby.”

My eyes widened greatly, my muscles turning tense beneath my flesh. “Um, uh, I-I-”

Mason started suddenly laughing, slightly bellowing over, his hands on his knees. “Aw, man, you should’ve seen your face, dude! It was so funny!”

I let out a sheepish laugh.

When Mason calmed himself, he stood up straight, taking another breath to compose himself. “Yeah, I was only kidding.”

I smiled a little. “Alright.”

His face suddenly turned dead serious. “You’re not offended, are you? Like I didn’t hurt your feelings and stuff?”

I smiled widely. “Of course not, Mason. In fact, I’m actually very, very relieved. It has absolutely nothing to do with you, I swear!”

He chuckled. “Okay, Cara. Anyway, I think I need to start getting ready to play, because your brother’s band’s almost done.”

I listened a little closer as I heard their last song coming to the end. I nodded my head. “Alright. Later, Mason.” He waved to me as he jetted off to meet his band.

The Maine was just coming off the stage as I heard loud, ear-piercing screams emitting from the crowd. I saw them give them all final waves before jogging the rest of the way back off the stage.

“Hey,” my brother greeted me, snatching the cold water bottle I was once drinking. Garrett started chugging the water like his life depended on it.

“Uh, hi,” I responded with as I watched him down the whole bottle. I swear, sometimes he was really like an animal or something.

“Oh my God!”

“They’re so cute!”

These were the kind of things that could be heard from the crowd of ecstatic fans waiting outside. Man, all we were trying to do was get to the van, and we were being bombarded.

Well, they were. Not me.

I figured that I aught to help out Tim and Trevor with all the boxes of CD’s and apparel by bringing the boxes out to the storage trailer. Meanwhile, the band was busy talking, signing things, answering questions, and receiving cute little gifts from all their loyal fans.

“Hey, go tell them that it’s time to go, okay?”

I nodded my head and started my way to where I knew the guys were.

“Hey, Tim says that it’s time to go,” I told Kennedy.

My brother nodded, listening in. “Okay. Come on, guys.”

Everyone tiredly shuffled to the massive white van, everybody climbing in without a word. Yes, everyone was that tired. Even Tim and Trevor. Then again, they do a lot of things, too.

“Off to Columbus, Ohio!”

This was going to be a long drive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Very short. Very suckish. Very much like a FILLER.
Ya know why? Because it was indeed a crappy filler.
/:
But don't worry because next chapter or so is gonna be like...WHOA. Then again, this whole plot should be. [;
Oh yeah, all you guys’ comments from the last chapter made me chuckle out loud. [;