And She Made the Shape of My Heart With Her Hands

Foggy Minds & Sinking Hearts

*Third Person’s Perspective*

He didn’t get it. He didn’t get it at all. John O’Callaghan didn’t understand one bit how or why Cara chose Pat Kirch over himself. What did he have that John didn’t?

Maybe it was John’s sense of self-pride that deflected Cara’s affection?

He shook his head as he ran his hand through his lightly browned hair.

The truth was that John O’Callaghan happened to be walking through the parking lot at the same moment he overheard Pat Kirch and Cara Nickelsen conversing with each other over something that seemed important to them.

After the dread and hurt passed throughout his body that night, his worst fears were finally confirmed. Cara’s brother Garrett, John’s one last hope to keeping Cara for himself, had granted permission to Pat and Cara. This upset John.

Was it because he wasn’t as innocent as Pat? Was it because he wasn’t as peppy as him?

John didn’t have these answers. He was only left with many unfilled questions.

He remembered when he had looked up from behind that huge van and had seen Pat and Cara staring at each other, the way they stared at each other. It was so connecting, loving, so adoring.

John wanted that to be him and his beloved Cara.

Not Pat and his Cara.

John looked to the dark ground in pain and frustrate. He just didn’t comprehend what he did wrong. He didn’t understand why Pat won Cara and John lost and got nothing but the memories of kissing the girl and touching her.

After sighing mutedly to himself, John looked up just in time to see something that made his heart drop, his stomach lurch, his mind dizzy, and his vision blurry.

There, practically displayed right in front of him as if he were their initial audience, was his good friend kissing the girl they both cared deeply for.

John’s shaky hand reached up to wipe the bead of sweet that rolled down to his eyebrow. He wanted to get away from this horrid site that was killing him on the inside. He wanted to stalk away from it now. The problem was, however, that his poor legs were frozen to the spot. As much as he wanted to move away from this view, he couldn’t. As desperately as he wanted his eyes to stop burning, he just couldn’t avert his gaze elsewhere.

And then John O’Callaghan realized something that almost made his acid reflexes rock about.

This was always how it was going to be from then on. He would be stuck in the dark audience, nowhere was there to be let free from the theatre, watching the Pat and Cara show. They’d be holding hands all the time, hugging, cuddling, kissing, loving one another. All the time.

These current thoughts and the present scene portrayed in front of him, gave John a sudden burst of raw, angry, hurt adrenaline. It was probably the testosterone that swam around in his male body. It was only natural that he felt like ripping Pat’s throat out and then claiming Cara as his.

But would he ever do that? Of course not! Pat was like his little brother and besides, it wasn’t his fault for any of this. It wasn’t Patrick Kirch’s fault for liking Cara Nickelsen. It wasn’t his fault for wanting to be with her. It wasn’t Pat who turned down John anyway. It wasn’t Pat at all.

It was Cara. It was Cara Nickelsen that made John crazy like this. He wanted to hate her, yet love her.

How could you love someone who lets you kiss them but ends up with another guy? How? How can somebody actually continue to feel strongly about a girl who practically seduces you into insanity?

No, wait. Cara didn’t seduce people. Well, not on purpose, that is. She didn’t realize what the hell she was doing.

And that’s when John started to have those damn thoughts about the innocent girl again.

How could you not love someone like her? How? How could you hate a girl like her? The way she didn’t have any idea about what she was doing made her so innocent. And God damn was she pretty. John had never seen green eyes like hers. They were so vivid and bright that you just couldn’t not stare at them. But there was something else that could evenly match her lovely eyes. It was her dazzling smile. According to Garrett, Cara was a brace face as a kid. Well those damn wads of metal sure paid off, because her smile is perfect. And then there were her plump pink lips. They were soft and sensual, and that John knew for a fact.

John shook his head back and forth quickly, trying to stop thinking about this. He looked back up to see the couple just parting. They still gazed at the other with incredible emotion and feeling.

John hated it. He hated seeing this. He hated seeing the girl he wanted with somebody else, even if it was his best friend. He hated knowing that this is how it was going to be from then on.

Well, that is if things stay smooth for the new couple.

John blinked. Pat and Cara were now back inside the building. People would start wondering where John was if he didn’t get back in, too.

Right after clenching and unclenching his fists into deathly tight balls and squaring and then relaxing his jaw, John returned back inside the building with a heavy heart and a clouded head.
♠ ♠ ♠
May seem short, but hey… It was all about John Ohhh. [;
Comment! Subscribe! Etc.!
[: