And She Made the Shape of My Heart With Her Hands

Flirting & Sudden Attitudes

“Wait, so what color eyes?”

I groaned and looked up at Kennedy. “Brown. But it’s not just any normal brown. They’re like… dark orange, I guess. They’re really pretty.”

“Whoa. I normally thought brown eyes were boring and that blue and green eyes rocked but… Wow! That’s awesome!”

“Shut the hell up!” John hissed, chucking an empty soda bottle at Kennedy.

“Yeah. Lower your voice, Kennedy,” I slyly advised quietly, chuckling.

He sent me a sheepish smile. “So… You don’t care if I hook up with her?”

I laughed mutedly. “Kennedy, you haven’t even met Camille yet! Relax!”

“Can’t I see a picture of her?”

“No,” I muttered, closing my eyes. Everyone else was just about sleeping and I was trying to.

“Why not?”

I didn’t say anything.

Kennedy started poking my shoulder. “Hey. Why not?”

I smiled a little and looked up at him through tired eyes. “Because Kennedy. I think you should be left clueless until later.”

“Later?”

I yawned. “When you meet her.”

“Oh… Well if we don’t end up getting married and whatnot, I still want to be her best friend and stuff. She seems awesome!”

I giggled. “You guys sent a couple texts back and forth and you’ve concluded that she’s awesome? Wow.”

“Yeah. Now shut up. People are trying to sleep here,” Kennedy said with his finger up to his lips, turning around to sit back down in his seat.

I sighed as I closed my eyes and turned over. I scooted around in my seat until Pat was well touching me.

He opened his drowsy eyes and smiled a little. “Finally,” he mumbled groggily before swinging his arm over my waist and pulling me down a little so that he could rest his head on my shoulder and neck.

I giggled softly. “Sorry,” I said quietly, putting my arm over his other and stroking his back gently. “Kennedy was bombarding me with questions,” I explained.

“Stupid Kenny,” Pat muttered to me, his eyes closed.

I laughed carefully, trying to make sure I wouldn’t disturb Pat. I kept running my fingers along his back and through the end strands of his brown hair.

Pat started to move a little. He soon fished his hand up along the gray seat until it was around my lower back. His other hand was loosely over my stomach. “Am I crushing you?” He whispered to me.

I giggled lightly. “Of course not, Pat.”

“Okay.”

As my chest rose and fell, I could feel Pat’s doing the same thing as mine the same time as mine. Our bodies’ breathing was both in unison perfectly together. It was sort of astounding to me. It was like… It was like Pat and I were supposed to be together.

I never really understood clearly why I felt like this. I supposed that it was because I’ve always thought that whoever had the exact same breathing pattern as you, you were meant to be. Like fate, almost. I knew that that was sort of stupid and childish, but I had always sort of believed it.

“Mm,” Pat lightly grunted. “I love you,” he stated sleepily with a small tired sigh at the end.

I kept quiet as I leaned over slightly and pecked my lips against a part of his forehead that wasn’t covered with his hair. I then nuzzled my cheek against the top of his head.

I soon fell asleep like that.

“Garrett!” I screeched, looking down at the silver dollar-sized spot of water on my lime green shirt.

“What?” He asked in a casual innocent tone. “You said you didn’t want the water bottle anymore,” he added before taking a gulp of the fresh spring water.

I sighed heavily before waving my hand at him as if saying ‘whatever’. I started walking away from him to wherever.

“Hey, Crip!” Joel from Good Charlotte hollered at me.

I laughed. “Joel, my name’s Cara. Not ‘Crip’,” I explained with a smile.

“Nah. Crip,” he stated bluntly while pointing to my cast.

I rolled my eyes and smiled. “Whatever.” I continued walking until I came into view of Jared and John. I made my way up to them. “Hey,” I said.

“Hey.”

“Yo,” John replied coolly.

“What are you doing?”

“Mm,” Jared grunted. “Nothing.”

“Nothing? It doesn’t really look like nothing,” I said with laugh as I further observed the two hovering over a bunch of… musical parts or equipment? I actually wasn’t even sure what they were.

“What Jared is trying to say is, nothing you’d understand,” said John.

I gaped at him a little even though we both knew he was absolutely right. “I-I… I think that was a sexist comment, John,” I informed slyly, my hands on my hips accusingly and my head held slightly higher than usual.

Jared let out a laugh and John snorted. “Yes, it was a sexist comment.”

“Ah ha! You’re admitting it!”

“Yes, I am,” replied John mockingly blank. “I am man. Man rules world. Women are dumb and are only here for two things.”

Jared smiled a little and shook his head back and forth.

“Yeah? First of all, what world are you living in? Second of all, I’d like to hear those two things women are put on the planet for,” I said, my hands slipping behind to the back pockets of my skinny jeans comfortably.

John pursed his lips for a moment, a pompous look and feeling covering his face. “To give birth and give us men all the plea-”

“No! You’re disgusting,” I interrupted with, not really serious. I knew he was kidding.

He smiled, that ostentatious feeling still gleaming in his brilliant eyes. He then winked his left eye at me, making me blush a little.

“I’m going to see what Pat and Kennedy’s doing,” Jared announced to us, walking away. I had almost forgotten he was there.

I looked away abruptly from John’s gaze at the sudden mention of Pat, my boyfriend.

I had a feeling John took the hint, because he suddenly had a blank expression on his face and continued to look down at the various objects in front of us.

I looked down at my shoes as the heavy silence seemed to last forever between us. I wanted to try to break it. “So… Did you… Uh… Sleep well last night?” Wow. That was lame.

“Sure, but clearly not as well as you did,” he replied coldly without looking up.

Double wow. That one kind of hurt. “Ouch,” I muttered very lowly.

John only raised his eyebrows in acknowledgment. “Yeah, I know,” he muttered.

There was silence for a moment or two after that.

I stood still as I observed him. I really didn’t know what to make of his sudden attitude.

“Sorry for the last comment, Cara,” he said, still not meeting my eyes.

“Mhm.”

I didn’t say ‘it’s okay’ because it wasn’t. I wasn’t going to say ‘it’s alright’ because it wasn’t. I really couldn’t get at what game John was playing. I really couldn’t.

I also noticed that when John apologized, he never said anything about not meaning it or taking it back. All it was was a simple sorry. Nothing more - but perhaps something less?
♠ ♠ ♠
If you haven't already noticed, the sequel's listed in My Stories section on my profile. All it is is pretty much just the title. Obviously, the most popular title chosen was 'I Need To Find My Way Back To The Start.' But yeah, there's no description or rating on it yet.
Patience, my good readers.
[: