And She Made the Shape of My Heart With Her Hands

Spills & Daytime Double Dates

I felt my once numb with sleep muscles tense up and twitch a little, moving. This resulted me in rolling over on my opposite side. A soft groan escaped my throat as my forehead creased a little. My eyes soon opened to see Camille wide-awake and typing away on my laptop.

“Hey!” I rubbed the back of my neck as her chipper voice reached my ears. I gave her a funny and confused look. She smiled back rather sheepishly. “Heh. Myspace…”

I mouthed an ‘oh’ as I gave a simple nod of my head once. I then rose from my bed and sluggishly stumbled across my room and opened the door, making my way to the bathroom.

I’m sure you can imagine what happened next…

“Hey, hey! Can I borrow a shirt?”

I sighed as I pulled my bright sold green shirt over my head. “Yeah, sure.”

“Um… Does it matter which I pick? Are there any ones that you’d rather I not wear?”

I thought about it for a moment. Nothing particular came to mind. “Nah, it doesn’t matter,” I answered her. I zipped up the fly of my jeans and buttoned them. “Just don’t spill anything on it, Camille. I swear, if-”

She seized my ranting with a phony, fake laugh. “No way! Don’t worry, Car!”

I rolled my eyes with a small smile and ran my hand through my hair a few times. “Okay, Camille.”

When Camille finally picked out a shirt to her liking from my closet, I was already halfway finished applying my makeup. Then by the time she actually had her clothes on and her hair was somewhat finished being straightened, I was completely done. While I waited the extra five and a half years for her to ‘slap’ on some makeup, I had resulted in watching crappy reruns of already set up dating shows on MTV. I really didn’t understand what took her so damn long. The girl only wore some cover-up and eyeliner! Only sometimes did she actually bother with mascara.

“Jesus Christ, Camille! The movie starts in twenty-five minutes! We aren’t going to make it!”

“Okay, okay! I’m ready, jeez!”

I slipped on my white flip-flops and got my bag while Camille got her own baby pink purse and shoved her feet into her shoes. We then sprinted down the steps, only to come to an abrupt crashing halt thanks to the assortment of familiar boys lounging in my living room at the moment.

“What the eff, Cara! Are you on crack or someth-” Camille’s mouth immediately snapped shut when her eyes landed on them.

“See, Pat? I told you she’d be down within the next year!”

I rolled my eyes at Garrett as I made my way into the living area. “Hey, guys. What’s up?”

A majority of The Maine’s members shrugged or mumbled a simple ‘nothing.’ However, Kennedy didn’t. “Well we were all bored and were finished getting caught up with family, so we came here! But you know what? We’re still bored!”

“Oh,” I replied with a small smile on my face. I then turned to Pat and smiled, embracing him in a hug. He smiled in return and kissed my cheek. “Oh, crap! I almost forgot!” I took a couple steps back quickly and dragged Camille up a couple feet from where she was originally standing awkwardly. I pointed to her and stated, “Camille.” My eyes met Kennedy’s for a moment and I smirked, practically answering his silent question. Yes, Kennedy, this blonde, tanned, athletic-looking girl was my gorgeous best friend, Camille.

“Um, hi!” Camille waved rapidly back and forth like she always did when she was nervous.

“Yep. So… Anyway, we were just about to go try and catch a movie,” I explained. “Anybody want to come with?” I widened my eyes at Kennedy as he quickly raised his hand in the air.

“I do! Me! Kennedy!”

Camille’s jaw dropped open a little as she bent her knees a little and pointed at Kennedy from across the room. “Hey, hey! Y-You’re the guy that was texting me!” Kennedy beamed back and nodded as he got up from the couch and crossed the room to us.

I then felt Pat take my hand in his with a smile. “I’ll have trouble sitting still, but you know that I’ll go, too.” I smiled back at him with adoration bubbling within my eyes.

With nobody else wanting to go to the movie with us, it was practically a double date. We quickly got our tickets and were seated in one of the many rows in the middle. We sat in the order of Kennedy, Camille, myself, and then Pat to my right. About a little more than halfway through the movie, I noticed Pat fidgeting. He went from sitting with his arms folded, to not folded, to holding my hand, and then back to crossed again. His legs would go from being left over right, to right over left, and then back to both on the floor.

I giggled mutedly and grabbed Pat’s hand. “Do you want to walk around or whatever?” He smiled a grin of relief and nodded before standing up and pulling me through the numerous theatre seats.

We stopped walking when we were a little beyond the outside of our movie’s theatre, right near a busy arcade filled with a lot of little boys. There was no way we were going to risk going in there.

Pat linked both of his hands with mine and brought me closer. “Your eyes are really, really especially green today,” he stated, staring with a small smile.

I giggled and kissed his lips before replying with, “It’s the shirt.”

His smile got a little wider. “Probably.”

Pat and I continued to talk about random things and laugh. We simple enjoyed each other’s company while sharing various kisses here and there. We never even noticed that we missed the other half of the movie completely until we heard Camille and Kennedy walk out together, laughing and talking about how cheesy the film was.

“People are on crack if they thought that that was a good movie,” Kennedy stated. Camille giggled and nodded. A couple people that were walking or standing by that heard Kennedy’s comment scoffed or glared.

I laughed a little and said, “Um, Kennedy, I think you offended some people.”

Kennedy’s face scrunched up slightly but then played into a small goofy smile. “Oops.”

When we got home, the rest of the boys were still there, in the living room and sprawled out on the couches and chairs.

“Ah,” Kennedy said as he plopped himself next to Jared on the red couch. “Right where I left you all.”

“Shut up,” Garrett mumbled before throwing a small pillow towards Kennedy. It really was a bad throw, because the pillow ricocheted off Kennedy’s knee and hit a cup; it’s liquid spilling on the glass coffee table and running down to meet the carpet.

“Garrett? What was that?”

“Oh, shit!” My brother hissed as he dove forward to the table and tried to fix the current crime scene.

“Garrett,” my mother repeated again, raising her voice a little higher. “What the heck was that?”

“Uh,” Garrett called out, trying to buy himself some time to think of a decent lie. “Nothing, Mom. It was on the TV.”

“Okay,” Mom responded. “As long as my coffee table and carpet are alright.” Ha. Stupid Garrett. He couldn’t possibly think that Mom was that oblivious.

“Right!” My brother’s hands worked fast as he tried to clean the clear glass table of the fluid contents of the plastic red cup, which was tipped over on its side. He was pathetically using a Kleenex tissue for the mess.

“You’re so retarded,” I mumbled before taking a couple steps into the kitchen to retrieve a blue kitchen towel. I returned to the living room to throw it at Garrett’s head.

“Stop throwing shit!” I rolled my eyes at him before crossing my arms. When Garrett was somewhat done cleaning up the mess he made, he slumped back over to ‘his’ chair and sighed with relief.

“Oh, I’ll go throw out this cup, Garrett! Don’t you worry or move! I’ll get it!” I heard a couple laughs as I crossed the room to pick up the red throwaway cup. When I had it in hand, I looked inside. The remaining liquid was clear, odorless, and wasn’t carbonated. “Wow, Garrett. You’re lucky that this was water.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This obviously isn’t the last chapter, but I wanted to put this here now.
I wanted to thank all you individually, but it’d be hard to name EVERY person that’s ever commented, so I’m gonna specifically name everyone that’s commented at least around four or five times on this story.

{Not really in any real order and sorry if your username has changed within the time I made this comment.}
Garrett Nickelsen.: Thank you SO much for EVERYTHING that you’ve done and the excessive hilarious comments. You’ve been there to scratch my back and I’ll always be here to scratch yours. Really, this story wouldn’t have reached ten stars without you, chick. [:
Cemeterydrive____: Thank you for the good laughs I’d receive from all of your consistent comments and being on what is unofficial known as ‘Team Kenny’ and then ‘Team Konaco.’ [;
TryingToFindTheWords: Thanks for the overexcited effect my story brings you.
Paigeisasmurf: Thank you loads for staying with my story here. [:
Supz: Thank you a lot for the lovely banner.
Thnksfrthmmrs: Thanks for turning up throughout the comment pages of this story.
Pat Kirch.: Thanks for your vicious support and fighting for Team Pat, or rather Pat’s Army. [;
WTFpaige: Thank you for helping out the fighting for Team Pat. [:
Tasssshhh: Thank you for the adorable avatar I’ve stared at before reading your comments.
Forget the sorrow.: Thank you loads for the cute comments that have popped up from the beginning to end comment pages of this. [:
Hurricanhannah: Thanks for not forgetting about Team John, even though it does seem like you have a strong disliking for Pat. lol
FTSKdarian: Thank you for the support you’ve brought just by reading and commenting. [:
andy horst;: You’ve been with this story since the early chapters, and I thank you for that. [:
ElizabethAnne: Thank you for being the only reader to actually put my stuff on your phone and read it in the bathtub. Well, unless I understood that wrong. XD
Karictd: Thank you for being one of the first to be on what is officially known as ‘Team Pat’.
SuckerTakesTheSaint: Thanks for your support and being somewhat on Team John yet still having sympathy for Pat. [:
Molly Makeout: Thank you so much for the wonderful banner that I know would’ve taken me ten years of pulling hair out to make. [:
Stay Awake: Thanks for joining in on all the commenting fun and reading! :D
Jersey’s Colder: I thank you for the cute comments that you’ve dropped by. [:
one ray of sunlight: It’s nice to have you as a reader/commentor. Thanks!
recycled old ideas.: Thanks for dedicating your time to read everything and commenting. [:

And thank you for all of you that have dropped a comment or two this way. Even if you weren’t a regular commenter, your support is still important. OR if you were a regular reader and were afraid to comment… I still thank you. Really. [:

If I did not mention you in here and you feel that you should be, then let me know. I’d feel bad if you didn’t. lol
[: