We're So Different But I Love You Anyway

Number six

The next morning, Adrienne woke up and went to her bathroom for a shower. She gathered her dark hair into a pony tail and examined her face. She had a busted lip, bruises on her cheeks, and a black eye. Adrienne turned on the water, then climbed in the shower. She did the usual shower routine, but suddenly began to cry.

After she regained her composure, Adrienne climbed out of the shower and got dressed. She wore a skirt and T-shirt; there was no use in trying to hide so many bruises. After brushing her teeth, she attempted to cover her new facial flaws as best she could. It didn't work at all

A little later that morning, Billie Joe went to Adie's house for a visit. He had heard about what happened, but didn't believe it. When he knocked, Adie answered the door.

"So it's true?" Billie Joe asked suprised.

"What are you doing here?!" Adie spat.

"This is all my fault." Billie said feeling remorse.

"Hurry up, get inside before they see us." Adie said, pulling Billie Joe inside.

Adrienne dragged the stunned Billie Joe up to her room. He sat next to her on the bed. This was the first time he'd ever been in her house. Her family wasn't poor. They weren't rich either. Her room was a nice sized one. Her bed was big enough for two. She had a desk with a chair on one end. Hers was in the opposite corner. Posters were tacked up on every wall.

"Adie, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault." Billie cried.

"Look, I may have been smashed, but I wanted to kiss you, so I did." She said, looking out of the window.

"Huh?" Billie said confused.

"That's right, I wanted to." Adie said, with an eye-roll.

"I knew it!" Billie yelled.

"Oh shut up! You're such a jerk!." Adrienne said, shoving Billie off of her bed.