A Little Bit Longer

Peter Pan & Wendy Turned Out Fine

It was never easy leaving the one you love. Watching other people might be as bad, if not worse.

I was waiting by the limo, watching my sister cry in Zacky's arms.

I had my phone in my hand and watched as paparazzi snapped pictures of them left and right. She had her arms wrapped around his neck, while he had her pressed flush against him. They had their faces pressed into each other's necks.

My phone vibrated in my hand, it was a text from Nick.

I miss you already, sweet girl.

I smiled sadly and texted back.

I'm watching my sister say goodbye to Zack. It's heartbreaking.

I looked up at my sister, who was kissing Zack. He pulled away, and I saw tears in his eyes. I felt my phone vibrate again.

Brian texted Joe and their bus is about to leave.

I looked at them again and saw Zacky pull out his phone.

He just got the same text.

I watched as Zacky kissed her one last time and they parted. She wiped her eyes and walked toward the limo I was in. She got in and curled up in the corner.

"Tay," I said softly.

She looked up at me, "This is why I never want to be around anyone when Zack leaves. I'm a fucking wreck."

"Haven't you been with him since they started touring?" I asked, sitting next to her.

"It doesn't get easier," she said, wiping her eyes, "We get more attatched over time, and it gets harder and harder. And by the time we get home? It'll be on Perez Hilton saying it's a publicity stunt."

I frowned, "Will say what's a publicity stunt?"

"That horrible thing I just had to do."

She pulled out her Sidekick and started typing. She laughed harshly.

"It's already there."

I looked at her phone:

Stunt tears never fail to fall!

Avenged Sevenfold's guitarist Zacky Vengeance and his girlfriend Taylor share an 'emotional' goodbye.

They are worse than Heidi and Spencer with the paparazzi!

Stop being so clingy, bb. Let the man play for his fans!


I gasped, "How can he be so cruel?"

She shrugged, putting her phone on the seat next to her, "I don't know. He knows my deal and that I'm not faking, but he wants to say it's fake, let him. I know I can't cry on que."

I sighed, "I'm sorry, Tay."

She shrugged, "It's fine."

--------------------------------------------------

Taylor walked me up to my parent's house. I unlocked the door and walked in.

"I'm home!" I called.

Rachel appeared at the top of the stairs, "Is Taylor here?" she asked.

I laughed, "Yes, Rachel."

She ran down the stairs as carefully as she could and Taylor kneeled down and hugged her tightly.

Rachel pulled away and looked at Taylor, "Why so sad, sissa?" she asked.

Taylor smiled, "I had to leave Zacky in Florida," she said.

Rachel frowned, "Why?"

Taylor picked her up, "That's where his job is."

Rachel thought for a minute, "I won't leave you for a job!"

Taylor teared up and gave her a hug, "Thank you, baby."

--------------------------------------------------

"I can't believe you know the Jonas Brothers!" Missy squealed, "How'd you meet them?"

I rolled my eyes, "Why would I talk to you like we're friends now? Jesus, Missy, you've made my life hell since I met you."

"Oh, Kayleigh, you know I was just kidding," she said, her teeth clenched.

"Really? When you teased me all the time, tripped me? Humiliated me? You were kidding?" I asked.

She growled at me, "You know what? You don't deserve Nick. You're such a whore, just like your sister!"

I felt her hands on me. She pushed me down, I felt my head collide with the corner of the desk, but after that, I don't remember anything.

--------------------------------------------------

"Nick!"

I looked at my phone and saw it was Kayleigh's phone, "Taylor?"

"Nick! Holy shit, Kayleigh got in a fight with a girl at school, and the girl pushed her over. Kayleigh hit her head on a desk and she hasn't woken up yet!"

I almost dropped my phone, "What!? I need to go see her."

"Please, come here. The doctor said the more people that are around her that love her, the quicker she'll wake up and there'll be a better chance that she doesn't have amnesia."

"I'll be there as soon as I can," I promised.

"Thank you," she breathed.

I hung up and ran toward the front lounge, "Mom! Kayleigh's in the hospital!" I exclaimed.

"What?!" she looked at me in alarm.

"Can I go see her? Please?" I begged.

"You can go since we have a four day break, but only if you take Joe with you," she said.

I nodded, "Yeah, fine, whatever, let's go!"

"Go get your brother, I'll call the airport," she said.

I ran back toward the bunks, "Joe! Joe!"

He looked up from the video games he was playing, "What?"

"Kay's in the hospital and Mom will only let me go if you come with me, so please, please come on!"

He stood up, "Alright, calm down," he said, grabbing my arm and walking toward the front of the bus.

"A cab will be here in 5 minutes, so you don't have much time to pack," she said.

I shook my head, "I have clothes at home, I'll get some from there."

The cab pulled up, our mother kissed our cheeks, and we got in, flying to Huntington Beach to see my girl.

--------------------------------------------------

We flew into Huntington Beach General and stopped short at the nurse's desk.

"I'm here to see Kayleigh Sumner, please," he said, his voice almost breaking.

"Unless you are family, I suggest you leave and since I recognize you both from my daughter's room, I know you aren't family," the nurse said.

"Please, she's my girlfriend!" I begged.

"Mr. Jonas," she said, "Unless you can get in touch with someone in that room, I can't let you in."

I pulled out my phone and dialed Taylor's number.

"Nick! Where are you? They say we need to try and wake her up now--"

"I'm at the nurse's desk, but she won't let me in, and she needs you to verify that she knows me."

"I can't leave her right now, I'll come get you guys in a few minutes, okay?"

I sighed in defeat, "Alright."

"Just wait and I'll come get you," she said.

I sighed again, "Okay."

I hung up the phone and looked at the smug nurse, "I know you two are Jonas' or whatever, but policy is policy."

I sneered at her, "Her sister can't leave her side right now, so she's coming in a few minutes."

She looked shocked at the nasty tone in my voice and scoffed as Joe and I sat down.

Joe put his hand on my knee, "I know you're worried about Kay, but don't snap at nurses, you have a reputation to uphold," he said with a smirk.

I smiled, "Thanks."

About twenty minutes later, Taylor came flying around the corner.

"Nick!" she called.

I stood up, "What?! Is she okay?!"

"She's okay, she remembers everything, but she's pissed as all hell at this girl," she said, and we walked past the nurse without a second glance.

I nodded, "Yeah, I would be, too."

"And she has no idea that you're here, so Joe and I are gonna go to the cafeteria and let you two be," she said, as we stopped outside of a door.

I looked at Joe, who smiled, "Um, okay, sounds good."

I smiled. Joe's always had a little crush on Taylor.

--------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes and saw Taylor hovering over me with tears in her eyes.

"Oh, baby, you're okay!" she exclaimed.

I smiled, "Yeah, sissa, I'm okay. Where's Mom and Dad?"

"They're still on their second honeymoon. They're worried about you, but they can't get a ticket in time, so they don't want you to think they hate you," Taylor said.

I laughed, "And Riley and Rachel?"

"Riley is at home watching Rachel. Oh!" she exclaimed, "I'll be right back."

I nodded as she sprinted out of the room. I closed my eyes and a few minutes later the door opened. I opened my eyes and saw Nick walk through the door.

I gasped, "Nick--"

He just sat down on the edge of my bed, "Hey, babe."

I grabbed his hand, lacing our fingers, "Not that I'm not glad that you're here, but why are you here? And why are you so calm right now?"

He smiled, "Well, I'm here because my girlfriend is lying on a hospital bed. And I'm calm so I don't freak out in an embarrassing way because you're okay."

I smiled, "I missed you."

His smile dropped, "What happened?"

I sighed, "She was trying to play nice because she found out that I'm with you. So I called her out on all her shit and she pushed me," I said.

He sighed, "Kay, always a little firecracker, hm?"

I smiled, "You like it."

He leaned down and kissed my forehead, then my nose, then my lips.

"You know it," he breathed, his lips centimeters from mine.

I smiled and bit my lip, "How long are you here for?"

He put his hand on my cheek, kissing me again, "Three or four days."

"Do you want me to forget what I'm trying to say?" I asked.

He smiled, "Is it working?"

I kissed him, "I hate that you tour," I admitted.

He chucked lightly, "I hate being away from you, too."

He pressed his lips to mine for a few minutes.

I pulled away, but he stayed close to me, "Do you think we'll be okay, Nick?"

His piercing eyes stared into mine, and he shrugged, "Well, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine."

I thought about it, then shook my head, "You are too much, Mr. Jonas."

He kissed me, "You like it."

I giggled, "I do."