The True Horror Began On Friday 13th

One

I sucked on the straw that was propped in my milkshake, the cup making that insufferable ‘slurp’ noise indicating I didn’t have any left. Ricky shoved me, he hated that noise as much as I did. I shoved him back playfully and he grinned, letting a low whistle pass his teeth when he spotted a group of ladies trotting out of Victoria’s Secret. I reminded myself never to go to the mall with him again.

“Ricky don’t, they all look about fifty,” I said grimacing.

“What’s wrong with the older woman? More experienced I’d say,” he winked. I grimaced , “Hey you wanna go paint balling?”

“Now?” I asked, chuckling.

“No, Saturday or something. We’ve got school all this week anyhow –but, right now I wanna get dread locks,” he grinned, “I’ve wanted them for friggin’ ages and we’re right next to the place that does them,” he said, fiddling with his chin piercing, “I wanna get my seconds done as well,” he said sucking his two front teeth.

“Well, why don’t we go do that then? There’s nothing else here,” I shrugged, “But you know if you get dread locks you’re gonna get nits. And you’re scared of nits.”

“Shut up,” he muttered, “I hate the little bastards, but never the less I want dreads and I’ve grown facial hair so my whole look will be screwed up if I don’t get them. So haul your jean clad ass over there and hold my hand whilst I get my ear pieced!”

“You’re scared of needles too?”

“Yes,” he mumbled, opening the door for me, “And spiders and cockroaches and snakes. Don’t pick on me,” he retorted whilst putting his weight on the counter.

I chuckled and looked around. The shop was small, barely bigger than a normal sized living room. there was a battered leather chair in the corner with all the equipment and a small counter pushed into the corner.

“Hey!” An overweight guy greeted, His stomach showing beneath his Iron Maiden shirt, “Which one of you guys is here for the big show?” he asked, clapping his hands.

“Me,” Ricky grinned, “She’s too pansy ass to let any thing sharp near her,” he laughed, trotting over to the chair and bouncing on it, “I want my seconds on my right ear done and I kinda wanted my nose done,” he explained flaring his nostrils whilst I looked at the different types of piercings they did.

I think Ricky’s nails digging into my palm hurt more than Ricky actually getting his nose and ear pierced.

“Ow! Shit, fuck, cock, dammit, fuck me that hurt!” Ricky hissed, squirming in his seat. The over weight guy chuckled and began inserting the stud. I smiled and busied myself with looking at the worn out magazines and newspapers that were propped up on a desk, “Chuck me that Rock Sound one, I heard Disturbed are touring,” he said, I chucked the pile on his lap and he started sifting through it.

We both stopped at the Newark Times and I quickly let my eyes sink away from the Newspaper.

“Sorry,” Ricky muttered, “Hey man you shouldn’t keep shit like this, is from months ago,” Ricky murmured, scrunching the newspaper up.

“I only kept it because it’s got some juicy shit in there. You hear about it? Apparently some thirty odd art teacher sticks it up some minor. He takes all these dodgy pictures and videos and then he goes-“

“Hey listen man, you may find that shit entertaining but I’d appreciate it if you shut the fuck up right now,” Ricky said menacingly, raising his eyebrows to indicate he should shut up. The rest of the time in the parlour was silent, only the sound of Ricky spitting when he had his nose done. We left pretty much straight away, Ricky slapping dollar bills onto the counter as we went, “I’m sorry about that-“

“What? No, I’m fine with it. He didn’t know I better, right?” I shrugged, following him out of the mall, “You catching the bus home?” I asked, he nodded and started towards car park, his footsteps falling in synch with mine.

“If you don’t mind me asking… how’re you holding up with the whole situation? I know it must be tough on you and all that shit.”

“I’m fine. It... It was hard at first. That’s why I wasn’t in school for a while. Also my mum and dad were in denial about the whole dilemma. I stayed at Mikey’s for a bit-“

“Mikey?” Ricky questioned, lighting up a cigarette and inhaling deeply.

“His brother. I know, I know,” I said shaking my head, “It’s weird. We kinda had a ‘thing’ going for a week after Gerard copped it. I dunno though, it was more a comfort thing I guess,” I shrugged uneasily.

“What kinda ‘thing’ was it? Like dates or sex or what?” Ricky questioned, tucking his hair behind his ears as we both walked.

“No, no, no, not sex,” I chuckled, “We just kinda slept together, clothes and everything. He liked it cus he got to hug some one for the majority of the night and I liked it because if I closed my eyes I could pretend it was Gerard,” I shrugged again, “We haven’t spoken since, I haven’t spoken to his parents neither. I saw him in the street a couple days ago and he just floated passed,” I murmured.

“Really? What a-stick-up-the-ass. I hope I’m not being brazen right now but I never thought you’d be the type to get properly laid before me –and I bet that Mikey guy would have done it too. Sorry I know that sounds really disrespectful and all,” he said.

“Nah, don’t be. I know you well enough now,” I chuckled as the bus drew up at the bus stop. The ride home was generally quiet, some times small chat was made but otherwise we both stayed mute, “You don’t have to walk me to my door,” I said, “But thanks anyways.”

Ricky smiled and leant against the door frame as I ground the key into the lock.

“I had fun,” he said, clearing his throat, “I’d like to do it again some time,” he smiled.

“Yeah, me too. I haven’t a chance to just hang around with people my own age for a long time now. So it’s been good,” I nodded, yawning a little and stepped into the house, “You can come in for a coffee if you like-“

“No, no it’s fine thanks, I got Tracy back home. She keeps giving me shit about spending time away form each other so I said I’d be back before ten,” he yawned, “Boy I am not in the right mood to be romantic, I just wanna watch T.V,” he chuckled.

“I’ll see you in school tomorrow anyways,” I said, waving him off before closing the door.

I yawned and dragged myself upstairs, un able to keep my eyes open for more than a few seconds. I kicked my converse off once I’d managed to scrabble to the top of the stairs. Sighing, I moved my hand along the wall, trying to find the light switch to give me some kind of light to go by. The door bell suddenly rang and I started, chuckling when I realised it must be Ricky managing to miss the bus.

“Two seconds Rick!” I called, trundling back down the stairs in the pitch black, cursing silently when I whacked my elbow on the window sill. I threw the door open, my eyebrows furrowing when no one was to be seen, “Ricky?” I asked stepping outside, “R-Ricky was that you?” I yelled, stepping out onto the porch, I rubbed my elbow cautiously whilst looking around.

The wind blew threateningly and the bushes in out front garden rattled and hissed with each gust. I called his name again, screaming suddenly when the front door slammed. I ran back up to it and banged on the wood, trying the door handle quickly and quickly realising I was going to have to climb around the back.

Shivering, I stepped back out onto the gravel, jogging passed the garage door. I was paranoid some one was watching me, even though I was on my own. I vaulted up onto the wall, my hands scratching against the cement as I balanced precariously into my back yard, tumbling into mum’s rose bushes. I scrabbled up quickly staring around the dark, bland atmosphere silently. Only then did a small whimper from the back of my throat crack the atmosphere.

Adrenaline rushed through my overflowing veins, fear rising and the angst that had been building in the back of my head fell as frustrated tears. My ears felt clogged up from the wind as I pushed through the cold atmosphere towards the window sill, making sure to shove the flowerpot away from the frosted glass so I could climb in.

I wriggled through back into my own, safe house, making sure to slam the window shut and lock it defiantly. My breath was heavy, almost being reduced to petty whimpers through my nose. I peered out across my garden sceptically, scrutinizing every object that would look normal in the day. The tree, the bench, the bushes, the patio. Everything seemed fairly normal apart from the pitch blankness of night.

I sighed and chuckled spinning around on the counter and staring at the fridge, holding my hand over my heart to try and settle it. I flicked the kitchen light on and grabbed a mug from the cupboard, flipping the switch on the coffee maker as I did so.

My heart suddenly surged when there was a loud slam of the front door and fast footsteps sounded on the gravel.

I stopped and stared out into the shady corridor.

Someone had gotten in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Both updates dedicated to NineLies because she told me what was up with my story vanishing ^^ Sorry if you commented before >.<