The True Horror Began On Friday 13th

Fourteen

Morning came and Gerard was passive on everything. No breakfast, just a weak tea and a slice of plain bread. He didn’t talk at all, just nodding and shaking his head to questions. He started reading in Mikey’s room, keeping the door closed and David Bowie playing softly. He wasn’t moody, just… fragile?

He’d cry a lot as well, I hated that.

“He’s crying again,” Mikey murmured to me whilst closing the bedroom door, “I’ll drive you to school okay? You’re parents need to see you once in a while,” Mikey sighed, “Go give him a kiss before we leave, I need the loo,” he told me, I nodded. I pushed the door open to find Gerard huddled under the covers, chinks of light falling through the closed blinds.

“Gee?” I asked the lump under the cover, “I’ve gotta go now,” I continued, he poked his head out cautiously.

“I’ll see you later. When I’ve calmed myself down a little,” he murmured, hugging me around the neck, “And when I’ve had a shower. I must reek,” he snivelled, kissing my neck quickly.

“You smell fine silly, look after yourself today, okay? Stay in bed and just call my mobile if you want me, or maybe I’ll call you. We can talk,” I whispered.

“Okay,” he muttered, kissing me quickly on the jaw when Mikey walked in.

“Right come on, you’re five minutes late already,” Mikey chuckled.

I hoped that when I got back home, when I saw him again, he’d be back to normal. I knew that he would be the same though, so I didn’t dwell on it and I didn’t blame him either.

School actually took my mind off everything. I felt horrible saying it but the girls who insulted me all day seemed to become a past time. I hadn’t noticed it before but I started to get some comment every time I walked down the corridor. Word had gotten out long ago about Gerard. The headmaster passed it off as ‘idle gossip’, wanting no bad name for the school, even though he knew it was probably true. Either way, it was a side track to insult them back.

Ricky was royally pissed off with me, I didn’t blame him though. In the end I had to tell him, there was no way out of it and I made him swear he wouldn’t tell.

“Holy shit, fuck me the Anti Christ,” Ricky murmured, poking my stomach like I was about to give birth that second, “So how is… uh Gerard about this whole Baby Way?” Ricky asked, scratching the back of his neck.

“He’s happy, he wants it,” I nodded.

“Do you want it?” Ricky questioned, “I mean abortion is always-“

“No, no I’m not gonna abort the thing. I can’t. I’d rather just… oh fuck I don’t know!” I muttered, trying to keep quiet seeing as we were in last lesson Art, "What are my parents gonna say? There’re gonna find out. It’s going to just be a tiny bit obvious,” I murmured.

“Well… seeing as I am your friend and loyal chump in the making. I say you hide the little muchkin for as long as possible then when the dreaded day of your parents finally noticing you’ve piled on the chunk, you tell them it’s mine, because anything it saying you got it on with a twenty eight year old art teacher-“

“Oh god Ricky, I can’t say it’s yours, your parents will go nuts!” I said, squeezing his wrist under the table to say thankyou.

“Look, I’ll play it up for a bit, my parents can deal. When you’ve had it and the ruckus is over the roof I’ll tell them then, threaten to take away their old people channels if they spill. Im eighteen, they’ll understand I was trying to help you out,” he whispered back, smiling.
School ended promptly and I felt a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I was surprised to see Mikey waiting patiently by the school gates, his foot bopping up and down. I walked over to him, Ricky following close in toe, his chin landing on my shoulder as soon as I stopped.

“Uh…” Mikey began, obviously not happy about wanting to say anything in front of my second head.

“’Tis cool skinny man, I’m the fake daddy for preggers,” Ricky said, holding up his thumb. Mikey looked dumbly at him, his eyes falling to mine quickly and then back to Ricky, “Basically I know about everything,” Ricky clarified.

“Oh… uh okay then. Sure, Gee’s in the car but he’s in a funny mood because I’m trying to get him pills and he’s refusing the whole thing,” Mikey said, scratching his head and shrugging, “The doctors told me maybe we should resolve to using sedatives. It’s an injection that you give to him if he’s getting angry, I think it’s a good idea but Gerard didn’t,” Mikey said, beginning to walk whilst me and Ricky followed, “I was wondering if you could maybe come to the doctors with me. I managed to grab another appointment at half three,” Mikey asked.

“Sure,” I murmured, “Ricky I’ll call you later to let you know what’s happening,” I sighed, feeling this doctors appointment was going to be hard. Ricky hugged me quickly, shook Mikey’s hand and set off.

“What was with him? Was he high? Fake daddy?” Mikey asked, his eyes widening when a guy called Kevin walked passed, coughing out a harsh ‘slag’, “Slag?” Mikey questioned cocking his eyebrow at the group.

“Yeah, just ignore it, I don’t care. It’s just the gossip right now,” I said shrugging. Mikey nodded and turned a little red when we approached his car. Gerard had Moonage Daydream playing loudly in his car, the windows wide open and his legs hanging out the side on the pavement, “Shit, how embarrassing,” Mikey muttered, stalking passed Kevin and his cronies.

Rachel caught my arm as I tried to follow Mikey towards his car, spinning me round I was face to face with the other three.

“Mm?” I asked, trying to at least be polite.

“Is it true that Mr. Faggy Way took a dirty video of you...” she stopped and smirked, playing the rest out with her hand and her tongue. I turned red faced, I couldn’t help it, they way they put it just turned my stomach.

“I’d be careful if I were you, my cousin Brian said he was at the gay strip joint up Melvin’s, getting a lap dance and everything-“ Brian was cut off with a fist to the face from the one and only. I swore and took a step back as Gerard began to pummel Brian, luckily wearing sunglasses and a hoody, hopefully they wouldn't recognise him.

Gerard’s attempts were feeble; he wasn’t really doing anything, just grabbed him by the jacket and shook him against the pavement, yelling profanities in his face. Mikey grabbed Gerard by the forearms and yanked him back, shoving his older brother back into the car and slamming the door. Brian scrabbled up and muttered something inaudible.

I climbed in the front seat clumsily because Mikey was already set to go, looking absolutely furious. I glanced in the rear view mirror to see Gerard sitting grumpily in the back, his hands balled in his lap.

“You had to go do that! -didn’t you?” Mikey yelled disdainfully.

“Mikey!” I spat firmly, “Leave it,” I finished, quickly leaning over and pushing down the child locks so Gerard couldn’t try and make a great escape.

“I can’t, he’s making me so goddamn angry,” Mikey hissed shaking a little and his knuckles began to turn white, “I think I’m going to explode,” he hissed, I heard Gerard cough in the back and push his head phones on.

“Mikey, please, don’t make a big thing about it okay?” I asked, “We’ll get to the doctors and they can arrange for some kind of prescription medicine, you said it yourself just give it time-“

“Don’t want medicine!” Gerard called from the back.

“Gerard shut up!” Mikey spat, “At this rate I’m not even going to let you have a choice!”

“Both of you, just shut it please, you’re doing my head in, I thought we were getting somewhere,” I murmured, resting my head against the cold glass window pane. Mikey muttered something back but I ignored him completely and turned up the stereo. I couldn’t be bothered to talk to either of them, they’d just snap and argue.

We got to The Surgery and Gerard folded his arms forcefully. The doctors was in a pretty secluded area, only a few tattered houses surrounding it. It was a modern building though, all white brick and big windows.

“Right… Gerard, I want you to get out and go peacefully,” Mikey sighed, “And so does Ren.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Your comment are aweeesome.