The True Horror Began On Friday 13th

Twenty One

I stared at the door, holding onto Mikey’s hoody for some kind of support. Gerard was dithering next to me, his hands balled into to tight, white fists. He let a deep breath out as I pushed the key into the lock and turned it. My breath quickened to short ,petty breaths through my nose as I stepped into the hall. Gerard pursed his lips, quickly glancing at me.

“M-mum, dad, you guys in?” I called, swallowing and pulling my hands around Mikey’s jacket.

“In the study, darling!” Mum called back. I looked at Gerard my jaw quivering with anticipation. I steadily walked towards the study, my hands shaking and my knees feeling wobbly. My eyes blurred over with glassy mist when I caught sight of my mum and dad working on some figures.

“I can do this,” Gerard muttered, “Be a man and do this,” he muttered too himself. I grasped Gerard’s hand behind me, both of our palms hot and clammy. My heart began to pump and strain, leaving me with a humid feeling covering me.

“Mum, you remember Gerard?” I asked in a small voice, mum looked up for a second and smiled before nodding. Gerard’s hand clenched around mine like a painful vice. My heart began to throb and my face contorted a little as I opened my mouth, “He’s my teacher,” I blurted out.

Dad’s head shot up and his cheeks reddened.

“Have you gotten expelled? Smoking on the premises? I know your smoking Ren! I found a lighter and a pack of cigarettes in your room!” Mum accused, not noticing our clasped hands. I started having that mixed, churning feel to cry again, but I held it in, my face slowly turning red.

“No, It’s not that. I’m-“ I stopped and slammed my eyes closed, begging myself to hold off the tears, “I’m…” I trailed off shaking and stuttering. I covered my eyes with my hand and shook with the undeniable feeling of guilt.

“You’re what Ren?” dad asked, sounding annoyed with the whole situation.

Gerard suddenly stepped in, his hand still clasped around mine. I shook my head into my hand, willing Gerard not to say it. Hoping he’d keep his mouth shut and we could make up a pathetic excuse.

“She’s pregnant, with my ba-by,” he said, stuttering only a little. I pulled my hand down, covering my mouth as sodden, aching tears stained my face.

“I’m sorry,” I sobbed, watching as mum’s mouth opened and tears spilled down her own cheeks. She let out a small squeak, before bursting, everything about her person shaking. Dad rose from his seat, a look of pure hatred etched onto his face. He stepped forwards before charging at Gerard. They flew to the floor, Gerard skidding into the next room, trying to struggle away as my dad punched him solidly in the jaw, “Don’t!” I cried, struggling over to them and grabbing handfuls of dad’s clothes trying to pull him off Gerard, who had started trying to pry himself away, “Mum!” I screamed, “They’re gonna kill each other!” I pleaded desperately.

Mum was passed words, her head was down on the desk and her hands fisted in her hair. I charged back at dad, luckily knocking into his side and making him thud to the floor, falling into the glass cabinet. A few ornaments crashed successfully, the whole cabinet tumbling down.

Gerard scrabbled up, doing nothing about the copious amounts of thick blood pouring from his nose. He brushed his thighs down, glaring daggers as dad stumbled up, straightening himself in his suit.

“I’m sorry,” I cried.

“You’re no daughter of mine!” he roared.

“Martin! Leave her!” Mum screeched form inside the study.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” I sobbed, clenching my fists into my shirt, “I didn’t mean it!” I cried, suddenly feeling small and like a child again. Mum came out of the study, her make running down her face as she cried, “Mum, I’m sorry,” I pleaded. Dad stalked up to me, looking like an enraged bull, his fist raised towards my stomach. I didn;t think he was going to do it, I really didn't. Gerard obviously did.

“Don’t you fucking dare!” Gerard bellowed, once again running and ramming dad into the table. Both of them skidded across the mahogany, shiny top, dragging the table cloth and flowers to the floor with her. They started wrestling again, curse words and insults being thrown around. The whole time I coward pathetically on the floor, sobbing horrendously into my knees. I suddenly felt Gerard tug me up under my arms, heaving me too my feet.

“I swear to god you get out of my house now!” Dad bellowed. I was too stunned for words. My breaths were stuttering, falling from my lips like a jittering engine as silence over came us, “Now!” Dad roared, punching the family portrait on the wall, “I never want to look at you again!” he yelled, spit spraying, eyes bulging and stomach heaving.

“She needs clothes, she needs to pack,” mum managed to sob out.

“M-mum -don’t make me go,” I cried, feeling truly like they were dis-owning me.

“Just do it,” mum whimpered as dad stalked out of the hallway and into the kitchen. Gerard grabbed my hand and dragged me up stairs. I couldn’t stop crying, my eyes ached and my throat felt roar, like some one had cored an apple and tugged out my insides. I couldn’t pack properly, Gerard flew around my room, shoving things into a suitcase.

I looked around my room, the room I had grown up in and now I probably wasn’t going to see it again. I crawled onto my bed and howled into my pillow. It was fair.

“Dolly, darling, get up, come one we gotta go!” Gerard whispered urgently.

“I can’t,” I snivelled, letting a hiccup pass my lips. Gerard sat down beside me, wrapping his arms tightly round his stomach whilst shushing me quietly.

“Shh…” he cooed, pulling me onto his lap, “Come on, Doll, look at me,” he whispered, wiping the blood form his top lip, “Fuck them, fuck them both, you have me and our baby, that’s all you need!” he said, hugging me tightly, “Me and you can get through everything, everything and anything, this is just one chapter in our story, they’ll get over themselves and realise they’ve just lost the most beautiful, artistic, intelligent girl ever to walk through there lives, it’s there loss!” he whispered, pecking the side of my face with kisses.

“I just hate him so, but I don’t want to go,” I cried, “I can’t go,” I cried, beginning to sob again, “Why does it have to end so complicatedly,” I sobbed.

Gerard nudged the side of my nose with his, our foreheads half pressed together and his lips just gracing mine. He squeezed me tightly and kissed the side of my mouth quickly, his breath catching the side of my face as he pulled away.

“We have to go,” he whispered, wiping his nose. I nodded shakily and he grabbed the rucksack he had packed, slinging it over his shoulder.

Gerard hobbled out into the corridor and down the stairs, clutching my hand determinedly. We reached the bottom of the stairs where my mum was standing. She stared at me before quickly pecking my forehead. She turned to Gerard and closed her eyes for second, looking like she was trying to contain herself.

“You better take of her,” she eventually muttered, “Now both of you go before Martin comes back,” she ordered.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you've been reading this from the beginning please comment. It means alot to know that you like the story enough to take time out.
Regardless, thankyou to: Mikey Way, S'eance, iLoser, Raven, Adie Vixen, Dude! & i cried the verse. for commenting pretty much every chapter.