The True Horror Began On Friday 13th

Twenty Three

The restaurant was a fair drive away, about half an hour. I got car sick at least three times which probably didn’t help. Gerard was completely ignoring me by now, it was only because he knew he’d snap if he spoke to me. I let my head loll out of the window, feeling waves of nausea run selfishly over me. Mikey glanced at me in the rear view mirror, ready to stop the car so I didn’t vomit on the upholstery.

“You want to take a walk around before we go in?” Mikey asked whilst parking the car.

“Yeah,” I murmured, “I’ll meet you inside in five minutes.”

I leant against the side of the car, letting my head fall back against the window as Gerard and Mikey walked towards the restaurant. I dragged myself up and started to slowly do a lap around the car park, spitting onto the side walk occasionally to get that bitter taste away from my mouth.

You know that feeling you get after you get a really bad grade in a test? Everyone’s talking about how amazing they get and each person you ask seems to have gotten far better then you. I felt like that. I couldn’t cry because that’d seem pathetic but I couldn’t just forget it because it was important.

I walked slowly towards the restaurant, going over everything in my head. I stepped in and scoped the large room, there were so many wooden beams I could barely see the whole of the room. I found a man in a white suit and tapped his arm.

“Did two men walk in here? One with dark long hair, pin striped jacket? The other had glasses. Maybe they had a table reservation under Way?” I asked.

“Uh… yes. I think I did see two men around that description, follow me,” he smiled. He weaved around tables, leading me around towards there table, “Enjoy,” he smiled, before walking off. Mikey immediately shot up out of instinct to pull back my chair, not that I needed it pulling back or anything.

“Thanks,” I murmured, taking a seat beside Gerard and Donna, my heart pudding like a bull charging at a flag over and over again.

Gerard looked grumpy. He was doing that ridiculous game where you spread your fingers and stab a knife between the quickly, seeing how many times you can do it until you accidently poke your self. Gerard was doing it with the steak knife, making Donna flinch so much, she eventually had to look away.

“Gee stop,” I eventually muttered, grabbing the steak just as he managed to jab it in his finger.

“Ow!” Gerard yelped, making a few table surroundings look round nosily.

“So, Ren,” Steve began, making me look up expectantly, “I was thinking maybe, me and Donna could have dinner with your parents at one point or another. Smooth this whole thing over, you and Gerard could come as well,” he said.

“Oh, well yeah. My dads pretty angry with me right now but I’m sure when he’s calmed down then it would be an option,” I swallowed, watching Gerard out of the corner of my eye. Steve smiled and we all fell back into silence. Gerard sucked on his bottom lip, nodding his head at the waiter who came round. Luckily Gerard had a change of attitude and actually broke the silence that had been lain on thickly.

“I was thinking Robbie,” Gerard said, “Or… Charlie –I like Charlie,” Gerard nodded, “Then when he’s an old man he can be called Charles,” he grinned. I chuckled and Donna laughed lowly, “Or Ollie –Ollie’s nice!”

“No!” Mikey intervened quickly, “Not that one, mom what do you think?”

“I think Charlie’s a lovely name but what about if you have a baby girl though?” Donna asked, taking a dainty sip from her glass.

“It’s a boy, I know it is. I looked it up. It said if the bump is higher, it could be a boy. They say if you’re sick a lot it’s a girl and Ren hasn’t had morning sickness once. Also if they guys on top when you have the sex that leads to contraception, then it’s a boy –but I probably could have left that out. Never the less, it’s going to be a boy, I know it is!” Gerard grinned.

“Oh, okay. You say your two months pregnant-“ Donna began shiftily.

“Two months and five days exactly,” Gerard added. Donna’s face turned tight, like she was confused, “What?” Gerard questioned as Donna looked like she was trying to place something out thoughtfully.

“If the baby was conceived that long ago then that means the act must have been led out the day you died,” Donna said, “I-I don’t understand, you were with Michael that whole day. You were in a fight with Ren?” Donna asked, having obviously suspected something before. No one can just come up with a conclusion like that.

“Shut up!” Gerard hissed.

“Gerard -don’t get mad. It just doesn’t make sense to me!” Donna tried to comprehend when Gerard dug his fork into the table, “I just don’t think this baby’s the best of ideas! You have no job, your house is barely the best place for you too be living alone, let alone a young woman and a little baby! And if the act was not consensual how can you even before Ren wants the child, shes so young-“

“Cut the crap mom!” Gerard spat, “We want the baby and I am getting a job! I’ve been looking around!” he lied, “My house is fine…” he trailed off, glaring down at the table.

“But Gerard was the act consensual?”

Gerard slowly turned beetroot, the tips of his ears were positively scarlet. He closed his eyes, his clenched fists on the table and his breathing turning heavy. No one had to answer for him.

“Oh god,” Donna said, her voice high as she quivered in her seat, “How could you?” she asked, her eyes filled with glassy tears, “You’ve become some kind of monster,” she trembled. I stared at the table and I heard Gerard get up, his chair screeching along the polished wooden floor.

“Mom. Please. Gerard doesn’t realise what he’s doing-“ Mikey began.

“He raped a child!” Donna hissed, “Is he forcing you to have that baby? Is he making you stay with him? because nothing adds up to me! Everyone brushes his faults under the carpet!”

“Donna,” Steve shushed her, putting his hand over hers, “Not here, Mikey would you go and find your brother please? He can’t have gone far, he hasn’t driven has he?” Steve asked. Mikey shook his head whilst getting up, “Ren do you mind staying here for a little while? Just until Mikey comes back?” he questioned, trying to console Donna. I shrugged, having no choice in the matter. Mikey came back a few minutes later and shrugged his own shoulders, No sign of Gerard.

“He’s not anywhere, he’s probably gone home,” Mikey sighed, “Don’t worry about it mom, it needed to be said at some point,” Mikey reassured, sitting back down next to me. I stayed staring at the table, unable to think of something to say, “Ren, come on -I’ll take you back to my house.”

I got up and hugged Donna lightly, telling her that’d Mikey would ring when Gerard was back.

“Do you think Gerard’s really gone back to his house?” I asked, trying to keep up with Mikey’s long strides.

“No, I haven’t,” I jumped when Gerard's voice suddenly came from behind us. Mikey spun around, letting a breath of air leave his mouth, “I just went for a walk,” Gerard shrugged, “How was I supposed to get back home when it took you at least you half an hour to drive to this place?” Gerard asked, putting one arm around my shoulders.

“What are we going to do about mom?” Mikey asked, chewing the inside of his cheek expectantly.

Mikey always seemed to plan things, Gerard was the complete opposite and replied to Mikey’s question with a raised eyebrow. He worked his foot up and down on the concrete, blatantly upset about the whole situation, I didn’t blame him.

“Gerard?” Mikey asked, “You know she’s right don’t you? You’re house is crap, you can’t raise a child there. Your heating isn't set up, you’re shower is on the frits constantly. You never seem to have hot water either. You can’t raise a baby though, it’s not logical,” he told Gerard who’s grip had tightened on my shoulder to an almost painful state, “Gerard please, look at me, you need to think this through-“

“I do not,” Gerard muttered, “Why can’t you all just butt out, it’s my baby-“

“No it’s not yours, it’s yours and Ren’s. That means for one you have to be a man and realise you have to sort yourself out, you need to get a job. You’re not just looking after one child –you’re looking after two!” Mikey stressed.

“I’m not a kid,” I said, “I can look after myself and Gerard’s right, I think it’s best if you all just butt out for a bit. How can we ever look after everything properly?” I asked, annoyed that they everyone thought I was incapable of almost anything and everything.

“I didn’t mean that. You know I didn’t,” Mikey sighed, leaning his back up against the car as Gerard retracted his arm and started digging around for a cigarette. He propped it in his mouth and grabbed his light, fumbling to much to flick it open. Mikey shook his head, “Exactly, what are you doing? She’s pregnant! You can’t smoke around her!” Mikey persisted, his eyes widening a little when Gerard grabbed the cigarette from his mouth and threw it to the floor.

“Alright Mr. Fucking Know It All!” He bellowed, grabbing his packet form his back pocket and dropping that too, “I fucking get it that I’m fucking useless!” He yelled, gaining a few stares from passers by. People were even coming out of the restaurant to see what all the yelling was about.

“Gerard, stop making a scene!” Mikey hissed, turning pink. Donna and Steve came running out, stopping abruptly when Gerard started to yell again.

“Stop doing this! Stop doing that!” Gerard yelled, stamping his foot up and down on his cigarettes, “Stop fucking doing what? I can’t fucking help it!” he screamed, “I know I’m fucking useless!” he continued, trampling his lighter as well, “I get that and I don’t need you fucking assholes to rub it how fucking useless I am!” he screamed, storming off away from the crowd.

Mikey flexed his hands a few time, looking numbly at the squashed contents of Gerard’s pocket. My eyes blurred and I shuffled over to Donna and Steve, hoping Mikey would follow my lead. He didn’t though, he just stood there, pink and enraged.

“Fuck him,” he muttered angrily, “I was only trying to help,” he seethed, turning his head so his gaze was directed at me, “When that kid grows up completely fucked up, don’t come crying to me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Heh... Gerard is realllly screwed up.
I think I've kinda decided what's going to happen.
I'm going to keep it reasonable, because the last bit to this story turned out a bit nuts y'know? I read though it and realised Gerard was some murderous, child raping, incest, abusive, crazy, impregnating lunatic.
Never the less, if you're reading please comment and feel free to say if you think the story lines getting a little heavy.