The True Horror Began On Friday 13th

Thirty

I snuggled into Gerard’s pillow, breathing in his musty smell. My stomach was aching a little bit today, I didn’t know whether it was from missing him or having a baby attached to my front. Being nine months pregnant wasn’t exactly a party. I was pretty big, although I seemed to stop growing after seven months.

I had a stupid thought that Gerard was having an affair, I really did. He kept coming home with marks all over him. I accidently walked in on his in the shower the other day, he had marks all over his thighs, I hated thinking he was actually with some other lady, so I tried to ignore them.

Gerard had promised he’d be back early tonight, nine o’clock latest. I wasn’t expecting him to be back at his said time so I jumped when the door slammed and he called a very jaunty ‘Hi honey, I’m home!’

“What’re you doing back this early?” I asked, struggling up, gripping the bed post so I could haul myself up. I heard the shower turn on in the spare bathroom which he had managed to get fixed, “Gee?” I called, letting my hair down form its top knot, “I tried calling Mikey earlier, he wasn’t in though,” I sighed from outside the door.

“Really? He called back, the sound of shampoo being squirted onto his hair sounding.

“U-huh,” I nodded, moving aside when he came out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around his hips and his shoulders. I followed him like a puppy dog, watching from the doorway as he padded himself down and sat on the bed.

“Come here then, I haven’t had proper hello yet,” he ordered, grabbing my hand and pulling them loosely around his damp neck, “Caw, you’re about ready to go Dolly,” he said, kissing my prominent bump.

“I know,” I mumbled, “It keep kicking and punching me,” I added, my face contorting a little as it did just that. It seriously looked like something out of Dawn of the Dead. Y’know that lady tied to the bed and she’s pregnant? Her stomach is literally convulsing with the baby kicking? Well of course it’s not that gross but I could just be laying in bed and a small bump will appear and it’ll stab at it with it’s foot a few times. He fidgets all the time, “Here,” I said, grabbing Gerard’s hand and searching for the random bump, pressing his hand to it, his face lit up.

“I love that feeling. I wish you could stay pregnant forever,” he sighed.

“I don’t, I keep accidently bumping into things and falling over,” I told him, perching myself on his lap, regretting it when my night dress started to get wet from his leg. Gerard rested his cheek on my shoulder, occasionally petting my stomach expectantly.

“Not too long now right?” he said. I nodded warily, feeling sick about the whole experience. I had seen what it looked like on the television, I didn’t like the look of it.

“I don’t want it to hurt,” I muttered, feeling embarrassed when Gerard laughed.

“Well if I could make it stop hurting I would but I’m sure you can strain it out huh? I’ll be there, the whole time,” he said stroking my hair behind my ear, “You’re still my Doll, even if you do have another couple pounds on your front,” he chuckled, kissing the spot right next to his ear, “I remember when I first looked at you. You weren’t like the other girls, no silly extensions, no black hair dye and eyeliner. No fake push up bras and black skinny jeans. You were like… totally cool. And I managed to ruin that,” he mumbled against the side of my face.

“I’m still cool,” I joked, turned my face to meet his so his forehead was pressed up against mine.

“No, you’re really not,” Gerard said, his stony face turning into a grin, “Get to bed, you need your rest, you know you do,” he said. I got up form his lap and crawled into bed, propping myself up on a few pillow whilst Gerard sorted himself out with pyjamas, “Gerard?”

“Doll face?” Gerard asked in the same voice.

“Where’d you get those from,” I began, nodding my head towards the pink welts on the front of his thighs, “Don’t get angry, I just want to know, you seem to come home with new bumps and bruises all the time now,” I said, he slapped his hand over them and quickly threw on some pyjama pants before turning around and opening his sock drawer, “Ger-“

“I don’t know Doll. After work at stuff there a lot of weirdos about they just light to rough you up a bit, I’m fine though –don’t look at me like that,” he said whilst pulling a Spiderman shirt on.

He’s having an affair

“Oh… uh Gerard? Are you having a-an affair?” I asked lightly. Gerard’s head short up and he looked over his shoulder before shaking his head vigorously.

“I’d never do that Doll, honest to God I wouldn’t!” he said, pushing his arms through his sweater before crawling across the bed towards me, “Don’t ever think that, I never, ever would,” he said.
“I know, but…” I stopped and looked at my lap, “Don’t take this the wrong way or anything, in fact, before I say, promise me you won’t get mad?” I said, he nodded dynamically, “I just, I don’t believe you about those marks, they look like fingernails, fingernails can’t go through fabric of your jeans-“ I stopped because he turned off the side light. He obviously wasn’t going to answer.

I stayed propped up on my pillows, silly hot tears spilling over the edge of my eyes. I heard him shuffling around, climbing into bed beside him. I wasn’t going to let him get his own way on this one. I felt him wrap his arms round my hips and I shoved him away, shifting to the edge of the bed.

“Dolly, babe, don’t be like this-“

“Go away,” I mumbled, pushing half my face into the pillow.

“Please, come on…” he trailed off by attempted to cuddle me again, I pulled away from him and stalked up, managed to make my way down stairs to the lounge where I collapsed heaving on the sofa. I pulled the tartan blanket over me, grunting lowly when Gerard’s mobile dug painfully into my side. I suddenly had this weird urge to text some one, I was shit at texting, I never had a mobile so I never really had time to be a teenager and practice.

To MikesMob:
Hey, it’s Ren, What’re you up to?

From MikesMob:
Oh! Hi! Nothing, just watching t.v, u? How cum ur texting me this l8 anyhows?

To MikesMob:
The obvious, had a fight with Gee, sorry I took ages to reply, I’m crap at this, I keep putting the wrong letters in the wrong places.

From Mikesmob:
Just text using smaller letters, its easier if not slightly lame. What was the fight about? Me & Gee had a fight as well, should blow over with him and u.

To Mikesmob:
Something stupid, like always, but I’m sleeping on the couch tonight though, just to show him I am actually annoyed.

From Mikesmob:
Stay at mine?
♠ ♠ ♠
Lmao, try and guess whats going to happen.
Oh and if you haven't seen Dawn of the Dead don't worry about it.