The True Horror Began On Friday 13th

Thirty One

“Where’re you going?” Gerard asked as I crammed myself into one of his chequered shirts, “Doll?”

“To Mikey’s house,” I replied, only managing to zip my jeans up halfway.

“W-what why? You’re not leaving me are you?” he asked, scrabbling out of bed, “Ren? Dolly -answer me!” he pressed, running down the stairs after me. I knew he wouldn’t go outside, I mean why would he? He had stripped down since I had last seen him, only dressed in his pyjama pants, “You fucking come back here!” he roared as I opened the door, trying to walk away as fast as I could.

Mikey was sitting in his car, looking like some deranged Goth boy. Black lipstick was smudged around his lips, white make up thickly pasted on his face, I shrugged it off as he stepped out. I felt a grip on my wrist and I tugged away, stumbling backwards and trying to make a quick walk to the car. Mikey opened the door for me and I climbed in quickly, trying to ignore the pain in my hips from walking that far so fast.

I rubbed my stomach and locked the car door when I saw Mikey storm around the other side, getting in before Gerard had a chance to lunge his fisted hand. I pulled my knees up with difficulty, hating the bewildered look spread over Gerard’s face. Mikey locked his own door, I covered my face when Gerard started crying.

It was really horrible. I hated describing things so simply by that’s what it was. It’s like when you baby sit for some little kid who can’t talk properly. Their mum says ‘bye’ and closes the door and they just start howling and howling, unable to tell you how they want their parents. It was like torturing him, to Gerard I was just driving off with his baby, it looked like I was just leaving him.

I just wanted him to calm down. I couldn’t help but sobbing when he banged on the window, scrabbling to open the door, his breath making misty imprints and smudges on the glass. Mikey started the car and slammed his foot down, Gerard clamped his hand over the door handle, trying to run with the car, although quite quickly he let go, toppling to his hands and knees.

I lifted my head, sobbing horrendously as I glanced at the mirror, watching Gerard pummel the ground with his fists, his face contorted as if some one had told him he had been sentenced to death.

I could barely believe I’d just left him bleeding in the middle of the road, in the dark, broken hearted and confused. I think that was the worst part, how confused he was. He was like a baby sheep being taken to slaughter, they’re been kept in the dark all their life, then at their first flash of light some ones going at them with an electric pole and a bucket of water.

“Ren, come here,” Mikey said, putting his arm out. I gladly fell into it, my shoulder racking up and down shakily. I howled and howled and howled. I never knew crying could be so painful. My throat felt like it being ripped out by jagged pieces of mahogany, bits of splintered wood cutting and jamming themselves forcefully into my windpipe, “Come on, shh, he’ll be fine, he’ll pick himself back up in no time,” Mikey murmured, trying to drive one handed, “Darling get off the gear stick a second,” he murmured. I pulled up and snivelled childishly all the way up to Mikey’s house.

I dragged myself at his front walk, my hips feeling like they were being pulled down with levers. My head felt faint as well, like it was going to roll off my shoulders.

“My head feels funny,” I mumbled, leaning against Mikey for support, he wrapped his arm round my shoulders and opened the front door, stumbling a little, “And my back hurts.”

“Oh fuck, don’t worry, I’ve taken a medical course, you could be in fake labour, you’re about two weeks too early it’s too early anyways, I’ll run you a bath –when’s the last you ate food?” Mikey asked, settling me down on sofa.

“I dunno, a while back,” I said, rubbing my back, watching as Mikey left me to go into the kitchen, “Mikey -don’t go!” I begged. He turned on his heel, “I’m scared,” I whimpered, “I don’t want to have the baby yet!”

“Ren, come here, come in the kitchen with me, everything’s fine, come here,” he said, I took his hand childishly and let him sit me down in the kitchen with him. Just as I heaved my self up onto his work surface I felt like something had dropped, I really. I looked down expecting to see something.

“Mikey!” I squeaked shrilly, too scared to move, “Something happened!” I said my knees beginning to wobble, “Something just… came out… I dunno w-what-“

“Go and check,” Mikey ordered, putting down the tea towel he had been holding and steering me towards his bathroom. I began sweating horribly, I didn’t want anything to happen. I was to scared to close the door, so I made Mikey stand with his back turned. I practically squeal myself stupid when I pulled off my jeans.

“Mikey! It’s something weird, it’s all… Mikey! I don’t like this!” I cried, trying to clean myself up whilst tugging at his shirt. Once I had got myself sorted, covered and dignified Mikey turned around and clarified that it was a thing called a ‘mucus plug’ I could have vomited. It sounded horrible.

“It’s fine and normal. But too warn you labour could start up to a few hours to… a few weeks. Don’t look so worried,” he chuckled, wrapping his arms round my neck as I sat shaking on the side of his bathtub, “It’s fine okay? It was just too stop infections and virus’s going up the wrong places. You just have to be careful about keeping clean, no sex and keeping yourself away from dirty bath water. It’s fine,” he chuckled again, “I’ll run you a bath,” he said, leaning over me and pushing the plug in.

I stayed up right and tense for an hour, feeling to on edge to move in case anything else fell out unexpectedly.

“Do you think I should ring Gee?” I asked, Mikey shrugged.

“Nah leave him. He’ll use it as excuse to bound over here. Now, I think you should drink plenty and have a bite to eat, I’ll make you some pasta, alright? I’m only going to be next door so get in the bath, keep the door un-locked and you’ll be fine, yes?” he said, I nodded warily, my lips turning dry for having my mouth parted for so long.

I think I’m glad now I didn’t realise how long my night was going to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm Einstein at anything to do with pregnancy, I think I've spent hours of my life reading womans pregnancy boards, uh-huh everything that Mikey speaks is totally true.
Mikey and ren have some Wolverine&Rogue relationship, which is pretty cool, only the other way around, like Mikey is Rogue.
(For those of you that have not seen Xmen, Rogue has a crush on Wolverine but he sees her as more of a daughter/father relastionship)