Status: Done :(

Love of the Earth

Under the Tree

I waited by the tree I was so ecstatic about seeing him again that I got there early. I sat underneath the grand oak and took deep breathes, this was to both calm me and so I could smell the sweet scent of nature. It reminded me of him so I took deep breaths often. Then the leaves rustle gently as if laughing. I stood up and took a step closer to the source of the sound.

“Hello, is that you Jorden?” I said my voice shaking with an uncontainable excitement.

“Yes Echo.” He said his voice caressed my skin and felt like the warmth of the sun on a spring day after a long and hard winter. “I have missed you.” He walked into the open slowly and looked at me.

His usual look of elated joy was darkening by thoughts unfamiliar to him.

“What’s wrong?” I asked I couldn’t help but let the panic seep into my voice.

He smiled and I instantly relaxed. “I have never missed anyone before.” He said.” This feeling is strange to me that is all.” He eyes looked at my searchingly sweeping my body with his eyes.

I could feel the blood rushing to my face. I looked down so he wouldn’t see my face turn bright red. I could believe that he missed me let alone that he has never missed anyone else before me. I wanted to jump for joy or dance in a fresh water lake naked with only my hair as a shield from the world. I felt as if I was in seventh heaven and the only person beside me was a man who was as innocent as a young child when it comes to feeling of love. Not that he is incapable he just doesn’t understand it fully. Is it sick of me to want this man? A man who I can compare to a child due to his innocence? I suppose only if you saw it that way. I see him as pieces of untainted land that the humans have of yet to destroy and hurt. That’s what made him so beautiful. That’s what made him so easy to like.

He stepped towards me and lifted my head so that I was looking him in his eyes. He was like Peter pan the boy who refused to grow up, only he was grown but just as innocent as Peter. His eyes sparkled with an unknown emotion. He let his fingers run across my face, his hand were rough against my skin. He watched my reaction his felt the warmth grow underneath his fingers. He took a lock of my hair and smelled it.

He sighed, “Never in all my years have a smelled a more beautiful scent.”

He turned my face towards him.” I don’t understand what I feel for you Echo. “He looked almost afraid of these new feelings.

“I want to understand.” He said, he kissed my forehead and began to retreat.

“Wait,” I almost yelled, “will I see you again? “

“Of course you will Echo you charm me.” He laughed then he vanished the way he came.

I slide down the tree and sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
omg how cute