Different

I Promise

-One Month Later-

I walked into my house to find Shelby and some of her friends all crowding around the television. They liked to get together at my house because of the space.

"What are you guys so anxious about?" I asked.

"Eddie's going to be on!" Shelby exclaimed.

I went to my fridge and rummaged for some food. "Why do you still like him even when he screwed you over not even a month ago?"

She shrugged, "He's like a drug to me. I just can't get enough."

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed a Mountain Dew and started watching the television from the kitchen.

"Ah! Eddie's on!" all the girls squealed when his smiling face appeared on the screen.

After the screams, the girls finally became quiet and then the host of the show started to questions Eddie.

"So Eddie, I hear that you're getting some help with the issues in your life," the host said.

Eddie smiled, "Yeah. She's helped me a lot this past month, or so. It's awesome. And I want to apologize to everyone for everything. I honestly didn't want my life to turn out that way."

I smiled to myself and took a sip of my soda.

"Ooh! So you're getting help from a girl?" the host asked, getting excited about the upcoming gossip.

"She's one tough chick," Eddie said proudly with a nod.

"Well, who is it? Is she family? A friend? Is this little lady your girlfriend?"

He chuckled before answering, "About two, or three weeks ago we started dating. She was a friend originally though."

The host looked at Eddie expectantly, "And her name?"

He shook his head, "Oh, I don't know..."

"I want to know!!" Shelby exclaimed loudly.

I silently laughed and continued to watch the show.

Go ahead and say it, dork.

As if Eddie heard me, he grinned and nodded.

"Okay then. Her name is Alex. Her real name is Alexandra, but she prefers Alex," he said with a goofy grin.

Every girl in my living room looked at me with shock written all over their faces.

"Y-You're dating Eddie?!" Shelby asked.

I nodded like it was no big deal.

"Y-You said y-you didn't want to have anything to do with him!"

I shrugged, "I didn't."

"Then why are you dating him?!"

"It just kind of happened." I stated. "He liked me because I was different and I liked him because he wanted to change and he has. It's not a hard concept."

"But you're contradicting what you said!!"

I sighed and stared at the television screen, cocking my head to the side.

"I judged him before I got to know the real him. He turned out to be a really good guy. He can't erase the past, but he's willing to change his future," I explained.

"What about all those kids that he now has?" Shelby asked.

"He's gonna try and help them grow, I guess. He wants to at least help them."

"But how is he going to do that if he's with you?"

I smirked, "The dork knows what he's doing."

Shelby glanced at all her friends, "Oh..."

I threw my soda can away, "Yep. Now I need to get going and head back to get Eddie."

"He's in town!? Were you with him all day today? You were! Why don't you tell me these things?!" Shelby exclaimed hysterically.

"You don't have to know what goes on in my life all the time."

Shelby immediately went nuts, so I just walked out of the house and stood on the porch for a few moments.

"OK, Eddie. You've told the world about us. Now you need to keep your promise," I muttered quietly.

I promise, love.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so bored so I chose to finish this for you all. :D I hope you liked it and once again, please comment. You can even ask questions too. :D