Baby Girl's Got A Face Like ***

Just Like The Movies.

It was really early, or really late, I didn't know which. I was exhausted though, for whatever reason, and everyone but me and Oli went out partying.

It seemed to be a night of firsts. It was the first time I told Oli how I felt, the first time I stayed in while everyone else went drinking, and the first time I've ever felt truly helpless. It was also the first time Oli passed up an opportunity to get pissed.

Jaden had insisted that he stayed with me, but I wouldn't allow it, because he would have bothered me about whatever was making me upset until I was ready to strangle him. He had a tendancy to do that sometimes.

I wasn't going to stay in the hotel, though. It would bore me to tears, literally. So I grabbed a key off the desk and picked up my backpack and slipped my feet into my slippers, before I left the room and headed for the elevators. I was dressed a lot more decently then I usually was, wearing a pair of Curtis' jeans that were the most comfy things I've ever worn and a plain black v-neck. The jeans were baggy on me, hanging off my rear even with the belt, but I was wearing a pair of shorts underneath so my arse wasn't hanging out.

The halls were empty and silent. It was a bit eerie. Reminded me a lot of the Shining. I always hated that movie. Now I know why.

I didn't know where Oli was, but at the moment I couldn't find it in me to care. He was probably passed out in his room. He always tired himself out, and ended up crashing.

I stepped into the elevator and pressed the number one. The doors slid shut almost too slow, and I was getting antsy. I just wanted to get out of here and have a smoke. Finally, when it reached the first floor, I squeezed out the doors before they were fully open, and had my cigarette lit before I reached the automatic doors.

I didn't have a clue where I was walking; hell, I didn't even know what part of Berlin we were in, but if I got lost, I'd just buzz Oli or Jaden to come find me. The air was cool and felt good against my face.

As I walked, I sucked on my Virginia Slim and thought about everything that was happening. Just a few days ago, I was all happy and mindin' my own. And then Oliver had to ruin it all by showing interest in me. That little bit of interest gave me hope, and hope is most often times misleading.

I made it about ten blocks, before my sidekick started shaking inside my Hello Kitty backpack, and I sighed. Coming to a halt, I put my new cigarette between my lips and slid my pack off my shoulders, before sticking my hand inside kitty's head and fishing around for my phone.

Finally, my fingers brushed the smooth, vibrating device, and I pulled it out, pressing talk.

"What?" I asked. I hadn't had time to check who it was.

"Where are you, Eli?" as soon as he spoke, I had to hold back my groan.

"Ol, what the hell do you want?" I demanded, and he sighed.

"Honestly?"

"Yeah, that'd be nice," I couldn't stop myself from rolling my eyes.

"Besides me missing you a whole mess?" he asked again, and I was starting to get irritated.

"Spit it out, Sykes."

"I can't find the Aspirin," he sounded kind of sheepish, which was odd for Oli. I sighed.

"It's not in the bathroom?"

"No. Not in your medicine bag either," he added, and I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"What's wrong? Why do you need it?"

"Think I got a fever. And my neck's all achy," he told me.

"Can you wait ten mintues? I'll pick some up at the mart and head back."

"Sure pet. I'd wait forever for you." Even through the phone, I could hear that smirk in his voice.

"Real cute, Sykes. Ten minutes."

I pressed end, and took a deep breath. Why I was running around a foreign city for that prick, I'll never understand, but if he really was coming down with something, the band couldn't afford to be short a vocalist. I walked down the block a little further until I came to a small pharmacy.

It was quiet, and there was an older man standing behind the counter with salt and pepper hair and a kind face.

"Hallo," he smiled, and I returned it, nodding at him in acknowledgement.

I decided that it'd be a lot faster to just attempt to ask him where the aspirin was, instead of trying to read all those german labels.

"Kann ich Ihnen helfen?" he said, and I bit my lower lip and tried to think of what to say.

"Umm, Aspirin?" I said, keeping it simple. He smiled again and had a certain look of understanding.

"Dieser Weg," he said, and motioned for me to come with him.

I followed him down a long row of small medicine boxes. He stopped and gestured to them, still grinning.

"Danke," I smiled, thanking him, and he nodded, before making his way back to the counter.

I picked up two boxes, and went to the register.

After I paid and thanked the man again, I made my way back to the hotel. It took me a little longer than I expected, but Oli would just have to deal with it. I wasn't angry anymore. The walk had cleared my mind a little, oddly enough. I didn't know how he did it, but Oliver had a way of making me feel bad for him so I wouldn't be mad anymore.

I even picked him a few flowers out of a window sill arrangement.

He must be slipping something into my drinks.

I stood still in the elevator this time, no fidgeting or anything. It's weird, but whenever something is wrong with one of the guys, everything else slips to the back of my mind, and my first priority is to take care of them. You know, make 'em all better.

I slid my keycard into the door and pushed it open. The light was off, but the telly was on, and I could see Oli laying on the bed. I let the door shut behind me and tossed the key onto the dresser, before making my way over to him.

"What's good, doll?" he squinted up at me and asked. I rolled my eyes, but smiled anyway. I held the flowers out to him.

"For me?" he raised his eyebrows, and I nodded coyly.

"Beautiful. But not as beautiful as you," he grinned, taking the flowers and laying them on his chest.

"Don't get cute with me, Sykes. Just 'cause I'm sweet on you, doesn't mean I won't lay you out," I warned, and he laughed.

"It's a bit late. I was cute from day one," he joked, and I smiled.

"You're gonna have to sit up, hun. I'll get some water," I moved the flowers off of him, setting them on the night stand, before going into the bathroom and filling up a Styrofoam cup with water. I dug around in my backpack before pulling out one of the boxes. I took the bottle out of the box, and threw away the box before shaking two pills into my palm.

"Did you take your temp yet?" I called, and he'd said no, of course. That boy would probably die if I weren't here to take care of him.

I grabbed the thermometer from the counter and carried it, along with the water and pills into the other room.

I set the water and meds on the nightstand next to the flowers and turned one of the lamps on. Oli squinted, reaching for the pills.

"Uh-uh, temperature first," I scolded, and he sighed, watching as I pulled the cap off the thermometer. He opened his mouth and I stuck the device under his tongue. While we waited, I went and shut the bathroom light off and set my backpack by my duffle bag.

The thermometer beeped, and I walked back over and took it from his mouth.

"What's the verdict, doctor?" he asked, smiling coyly at me.

I looked at the numbers and frowned.

"Got a fever, aright. One-oh-two. Kay, take your aspirin now," I instructed, and he did as I said, while I went to disinfect the thermometer.

"Eli?" he asked when I returned and slipped my feet out of my shoes.

"What, Ol?" I sighed, closing my eyes. I was so tired, and it felt so good to have my shoes off. I rubbed my feet against the plush white carpet, enjoying the feeling of being bare-foot.

"You look like you need a rest," he said quietly, and I smiled small. There was Oli, pointing out the obvious again.

"I do," I told him, opening my eyes and looking at him.

"Well, I got a whole half a bed here..." he suggested, but was being fair about it and not trying to persuade me. He was giving me the opportunity. Truth was, I wanted to crawl into that bed, to feel his arms around me, to have those lips against mine. I wanted it so bad, it scared me a little, but I hid it well. I was used to hiding my feelings for Oliver.

So I thought for a moment, before shrugging.

"Don't think that's such a good idea, Ol."

He looked a little disappointed, which encouraged me that I was making the right decision.

"Kay, well if you say so," he frowned to himself.

"S'nothing personal, Oli-pop. You know where I stand," I told him, and he nodded before I continued, "I'll be in the other room, having a sleep. Don't hesitate to wake me if you need anything. And try not to stay up all night watching the telly. You won't feel any better if you don't get some rest."

He smiled and clicked the power button on the remote.

"Night, Ol," I smiled back, and he returned it, saying goodnight to me. The lamp flicked off as soon as I made it into the other room. I felt around blindly until I reached the side of one of the beds, I didn't know which, and slipped out of Curtis' jeans. I crawled into bed just before a huge yawn escaped my lips, and I sighed, settling into the comfy king sized bed.

But once I was laying still, it was like my body wouldn't let me grab hold of the sleep that was so close. The bed felt too big. I was so used to sleeping in a bed with two or more people, that having one all to myself felt wrong. It was cold, and not as comfy as I'd first thought.

I debated for another twenty minutes, knowing that I would hate myself for giving up and trying to justify my reasoning, with no success. I sighed loudly after the twenty minutes passed, and threw the covers off of me, grumbling to myself about what an idiot I was. My eyes were now adjusted to the dark, and I could make out the outlines of the objects around the room. There was a faint light from the moon and street lights below that seeped around the edges of the curtains, which also helped me avoid tripping over anything.

I reached the door without incident, and tried to be as quiet as possible, just in case Oli was already asleep. I slipped through and shut the door behind me without a sound. I looked around the room and could make out the lump of Oli under the covers of the bed nearest the window. I crept over, and could hear his deep, even breaths.

Carefully, I pulled back the covers and slipped into the bed. Oli was a heavy sleeper, so I wasn't surprised when he didn't wake up. I shifted a little closer to his warmth, but not close enough to touch him.

There, that was much better. And I didn't even wake Oli up. I sighed silently, and settled into the warm bed.

I felt the weight next to me shift, and looked over to see that Oli had turned over to face me. I could see the light from the street glinting in his eyes, and suddenly felt super embarrassed.

"Hi," he whispered, and I smiled small.

"I couldn't sleep," I explained, and he nodded a little.

"Well come here, then," he said after a second of silence, and his hands found mine, pulling me closer to him. My insides were all gooey when his arms wound around my back and cradled me to his chest. Oli was a pretty small guy, but I was still smaller, so I fit perfectly against me.

"Mmm, you're nice and cool," he whispered, pressing his cheek against my hair. His skin was hot, hotter than it should have been, but it was nice. And apparently, I wasn't the only one who thought so.

"Night, Ol," I responded, and felt him smile.

"Night Eli," he breathed.

I fell asleep almost immediately.

This was much better than sleeping alone.

This felt right.
♠ ♠ ♠
HOLYSHITIACTUALLYWROTESOMETHINGFORTHISSTORY.
Now you should go tell me if it was good or not.
Or if I should just stick to the other Oli story and stop trying so hard with this one.
Like always, story comments are very appriciated.
And profile comments are almost equal.
Say hi. I'm nice.
:]