Misfits of a Lifetime.

Notes

"Yo', Frank!" Snapping my head up towards the person calling my name, I waved over at them, picking up my walking pace.

Ray and them were outside the college doors when I approached them. "Sorry, guys, I was having a flashback." I chuckled, realising that my flashbacks kind of annoyed the hell out of my friends. I guess it was the fact that I wanted something to live off of to get me away from all the wrong things I did not too long ago. I never want to go back there again.

Shaking his head, Bob put his arm around my shoulders, "Man, you gotta stop living in the past and move on."

Bob was right. Smiling, we all went inside the building. It changed over the past few weeks when I registered here back in August. They painted the walls a bit with a dark red stripe going through the middle around some classes' walls. Checking our schedules we all swapped them around to know if we have any classes let alone lunch together.

"Alright!" We all hooted in excitment. All of us had the same classes and lunch together. A few students began to look at us. As if the way we dressed wasn't enough to stare at us already. Wearing a black hoodie with a white, dark red design, Bob had on some black loose pants and converse. Mikey combed his bangs along the right side of his face and put his glasses over his hair that was in front of his ears and wore a long sleeved Iron Maided shirt, jeans, and sneakers. Ray, with his ruly hair on his head, had on a black sweater, ripped jeans, and boots. Gerard had a bit of tan looking eyeshadow on his pale looking lids, a hoodie, loose pants and sneakers.

"What's our first class?" I asked, tucking my flat and undone tip of my mohawk behind my ear. With my hoodie unzipped, I wore Gerard's, at the time I found out that it was Mikey's, Misfits shirt.

"Uhm...Health II?!" All of us groaned in unison. Getting our backpacks, stuffed with new supplies, adjusted better on our shoulders, we walked around the huge campus and buildings for our classroom. It took us about two minutes before the bell beeped to find exactly where our class were. It was in a seperate building 50 some feet away from the school.

"Kind of forgot that they built this place." Mikey said, plopping his backpack on top of the desks in the Health Occupations classroom. All of us claimed the two desks and the five chairs at the back of the classroom. I sat down, breathing out a long sigh.

"Man, how long till the next class?" I said, reaching my hands behind my head.

Bob sat next to me, with his cellphone in his hands, "Class didn't even start, Frank."

I groaned and placed my forehead on the desk. I can't believe I have to go through school again. Just one more year to go and I'll be out forever. I thought. The guys and I talked in the empty classroom as our Health teacher came in.

"Hello, there." He said.

We all mumbled our 'hello's and went back to our conversation. "Do you think we'll be able to practice tonight?" I asked, my head still on the desk. Since I moved in the neighborhood and met the guys they've been trying to find another guitar player for their band. Lucky I was there in time before they made their first song.

"I don't know. But might as well get some practicing today instead of the weekend." Ray yawned, scratching his afro'd head.

I played with my lip piercing, straightening up in my chair, looking around the classroom. Posters of the human body were everywhere, inside and out. Near and above the teacher's desk was a window cabinet. Inside was a dummy with detachable organs laying down on its side in the cabinet. On the wall near the teacher was were a lot of posters, pictures, and a flag of the university he atteneded. There was a window on our right that showed the entrance to the school and sidewalk. To our left was another window that shows the new marble hallways and into another room that seems to be for the teacher assistances in this building.

The bell beeped, finally, and very slowly the classroom began to fill with students.

"Here come the 'preps'." Bob whispered in my ear as he sat down next to me.

I stifled a chuckle and sat properly in my seat, getting my school shit out of my backpack. I'm getting a bookbag from now on.

Our teacher came to stand in front of the classroom and introduced himself as Mr. Dave Schoppe. As the tardy bell rang, he continued on about what was going to happen for the rest of the semester in his class, only to be interuppted by a student arriving late in his classroom.

"Sorry I'm late." She stammered, tucking a strand of her almost platnium blonde hair. Everyone had their eyes on the tardy student but went back to their notebooks. I was still staring at her. I think I might've forgotten to breath if it wasn't for Ray tapping me on the shoulder.

Blinking, I turned to Ray, "What are you staring at?"

"Nothing." I stuttered looking back at the front of the classroom. My friends shook their heads.

"That's all right, Avalon. Please take a seat." Mr. Schoppe gestured her toward an empty seat at the back of the classroom. Pretending to write in my notebook, I followed Avalon's movements toward the desk next to ours. She had straight hair that cascaded down the length of her back, brown eyes, and was dressed as what us call, a 'prep'. Tight blue pants and a school sweater, with the strangest color of eye make-up I've ever seen. I think she knew I was staring at her since she leaned over her desk, head proped on her hand, her hair covering her face.

"Now, if you take out a sheet of paper we'll begin our notes." Mr. Schoppe instructed.

This day is going to be filled with notes when I get through with it.