Another Lesson in Love

Chapter Two

[JOE’S POV]
I looked over and Kevin and Nick were walking toward us. Oh no. What did I do this time? I took out the trash before I left… I’m pretty sure I told them I was going to prom…
Speaking of which Manda is very cute and hilarious. I’m surprised she is single. And that I haven’t met her yet.
“Joe! We need to talk to you!” Nick sounded worried.
“Excuse us” Kevin said to Manda.

Once we were over to the side,
“Joe! You didn’t answer your cell!” Kevin sounded anxious
“Uh well… I’m kind of at prom at the moment!”
“You should always have your cell on!” Kevin whisper-yelled.
“Well excuse me! What’s going on?! Why are you guys here?” I looked over to Nick. He looked like he’d seen a ghost.
“Mom, Dad and Frankie got in a car accident!” Nick blurted out. Just then my stomach did a million flips in one second.

[MANDA’S POV]
After Joe, Kevin and Nick walked away I stood there in shock. As did many other girls in the room. Surprisingly they weren’t charging towards them. Maybe because of the looks on their faces… After the shock passed, I decided that I should go find Tracy and Grace.

“MANDA!” they both squealed.
“Yes?” I said casually.
“SPILL!” Tracy exclaimed. They both stared at me with wide eyes. So I told them the whole story right up to the point where I started walking to find them.
“Where are your dates?!” I asked.
“Oh! Jared and Josh are playing in the limbo contest with the rest of the football team” Grace answered.
“Oh boy,” I laughed. I looked over and there they were limbo-ing.

All of the sudden I heard Joe’s voice.
“Okay okay! Just let me go tell her I’m leaving!” What?! He’s leaving?! No! He can’t!

“Hey Manda,” he sounded like he was about to burst into tears at any moment. I turned to face him.
“Yes?”
“I…uhh…have to go,” his voice was shaky.
“Okay…” before I knew it he was grabbing my hand and pulling me along with him as he raced to the door.

[JOE’S POV]
I didn’t know exactly what encouraged me to grab her hand. I know it sounds cliché but I feel like we have a connection.

Once we got outside I stopped and took a breath.
“Joe? Are you ok? You look white!”
Those were the last words before I slipped into the darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please =]