Honey I'm Home

Chapter 6

Alissa awoke at about two in the morning. The same time that she usually did when the Joker's men would come in and drag her into another room for a new game. She sat up and waited for the men to come in.

Nothing happened. There were no men coming in to torture and no men coming in to drag her off to another game. She sat in confusion. Wondering where they were.

At about three in the morning the Joker sat before his hench men as they shouted at him, telling him he was crazy and that they should continue the game. Men told him that he was goig soft and that he should stick to the plan. The Joker finally stood up from his seat and all fell silent.

"Who came up with this plan? Who has been calling all the shots?" Nobody answered. The Joker simply smiled. "That's right boys. I have, so if anyone thinks I have been going soft. Well you all have something else coming to ya." The men all looked at eachother. One of the men stood up.

"I say we boot you out of the job. You have been going soft and none of us signed up for this." The other men agreed with him and began shouting again. The Joker smiled and turned to go only to turn back around with a gun in his hand. He shot the man hitting him right in the center of the forhead knocking him down dead. The men all stood as the Joker pulled out a knife.

Alissa could hear screams of men as they died. She sat in pure horror as she listened. She could hear people hitting, punching, kicking, shooting and dying.

The Joker came storming into the room. He was covered from head to toe with other people's blood as well as his own. She stood in shock as he walked over to her. Knife in one hand and a set of keys in the other.

He walked over to her and dropped the keys onto her bed. "You're free." he said before turning and going only to stop when he felt something hit the back of his head. He turned around and saw on the ground what had hit him in the head. The set of keys he gave Alissa.

He picked them up and walked back over to Alissa. He dropped them on her bed and looked at her. "Your lover boy will be missing you." He turned to go and as he reached the door a tear came from his eye. He turned around quickly and caught the keys as they came toward him. He stormed over to her and grabbed her by the arms shaking her.

"I SAID YOU ARE FREE!!! Don't you get it? GO HOME!" He let her go and stormed out of the room. Alissa sat tears welling from her face. She didn't know why she was thinking this. She didn't want to leave. Finally she stood up and walked out of the building.

The Joker reached the outside world only to be greeted by the but of a gun hit his head. He fell unconcious and Gordon hand cuffed him to a telephone poll. He then looked at the door hoping that Alissa would come out soon.

Alissa walked out and saw Gordon. She ran over to him and hugged him. Gordon held her close, much like a father. He looked at her and noticed the wounds. "Are you ok? Who cleaned up your wounds?" he asked. Alissa looked at the Joker and then back at Gordon. "He did." she said pointing at him. Gordon looked at the Joker. "That's impossible."

"He's changed. He took a bullet for me and he cleaned all my wounds. This morning he killed all his men and let me go. I know this must sound crazy but he has really changed." Gordon shook his head and looked at the Joker. "I'm sorry but...I still have to take him back. I'm sorry Alissa."

As Gordon began to take the Joker to the car Alissa stepped in front of him. "What will happen to him?" she asked looking at the Joker who had come to.

"He will go back to Gotham, be tried and knowing all the crimes he has commited he will probably be put on the death penalty." Alissa looked at the Joker who was looking right into her eyes. She sighed and looked at Gordon. "What do I have to do to get him out of the death penalty?"

"Somehow...Prove he is innocent." Alissa nodded and looked back at the Joker. She needed to help him. He saved her life and let her go. "I need a few days to think. On Monday I will be on my way to Gotham." she said to Gordon. He simply nodded and soon was off with the Joker.

Alissa finally made her way back home and sat in her living room. She finally knew what she had to do. She had to go save him. Not because he saved her life, no. Because she really truley loved him. She needed him, and he needed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys liked the story. Don't worry, this story does have a sequel. I just need to write it out. I will be working on it. The sequel covers his trial and his struggle to becoming sane and really changing for the better all to be with Alissa. More characters will come in including the Joker's dad. Please comment on what you thought about the story.

Thanks